Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

Love the snow pics. Nice to see a big system in a "used in the real world" vehicle. To hell with the "show only" systems/rides! Keep up the great work. :fing34:

John

Thanks John!

Glad the snow is gone, LOL.

Yeah, I get her plenty dirty from time to time. I am a southern boy after all. :drink40:

Awesome Looking Ride Bro !!! :drink40:

Thanks Bro! I appreciate it.

I'd like to see you come way down south to Scrapin the Coast in June ... :drink40:

USACI competition. But really, we just want to see / hear your ride ... :fing34:

I'd like to see you come way down south to Scrapin the Coast in June ... :drink40:

USACI competition. But really, we just want to see / hear your ride ... :fing34:

I might have to make that happen Randal. Looks like it's a really great show and it would be fin to throw back a few with you guys.

I want some seat time in all the Team LP rides too.

:drink40:

I might have to make that happen Randal. Looks like it's a really great show and it would be fin to throw back a few with you guys.

We can make this happen bro !!! Awesome !!! :drink40:

Sounds good bro. I will do my very best to make it happen. :fing34:

Going to look for the dates now. Might PM if i have any questions.

Hit us up before you make hotel reservations ... someone here might be able to split cost or something ...

Most of us give alot of INFO on caraudio-forum.com ... Come chat with us ... Thanks, Randal ...

did i miss what you were metered at?

this install just keeps getting better!

FTW on making all of us at SSA shine!

chop

chop

Thanks Bro, I appreciate that.

The last time I was on the meter, not so good. I had all kinds of issues, but had just installed it.

I did a 152.3 sealed legal playing Lil Jon - BME Click

I had issues with my amps going into protect and could not get it to full volume without it shutting down on me. I have ZERO impedance rise which is good, but that's not helping my amps the way the box is now. The hatch right now is acting like the port since the enclosure too close to the hatch. Measuring the opening at the hatch and the space there, we came up with it putting my tuning around 26/27hz. :trippy: It's loud as shit to the ear, but not getting any air up on the windshield. It's trapped at the hatch. It sounds and feels like a 155, but the meter don't lie. The bastard. lol

I am going to relocate my batteries when it warms up a little bit and then I can push the box away from the hatch another 8-10". I think that and the second HO alternator I added will gain me a good bit. I was hoping for a 153 on music and I don't think that is out of the question. I would be happy with anything over 153 with me being tuned low.

After I move the box and with my current electrical upgrades, if I still don't get 153+ (I don't see how I cant) I am considering 4 zcons on a big ass amp or adding 2 more xcons and another GP3000D. I am in wall class anyway, so why not wall it off with 6 18's right? lol

:fing34:

Fact is other than bass-race or drive-by I am going to get my ass kicked. There are just too many big ass systems around here. I am not going to have a shitty sounding system just to put up a big score. That was never my goal and never will be.

I just like to show off! He He :ghost:

The last time I was on the meter, not so good. I had all kinds of issues, but had just installed it.

I had issues with my amps going into protect and could not get it to full volume without it shutting down on me. I have ZERO impedance rise which is good, but that's not helping my amps the way the box is now. The hatch right now is acting like the port since the enclosure too close to the hatch. Measuring the opening at the hatch and the space there, we came up with it putting my tuning around 26/27hz. :trippy: It's loud as shit to the ear, but not getting any air up on the windshield. It's trapped at the hatch. It sounds and feels like a 155, but the meter don't lie. The bastard. lol

I am going to relocate my batteries when it warms up a little bit and then I can push the box away from the hatch another 8-10". I think that and the second HO alternator I added will gain me a good bit. I was hoping for a 153 on music and I don't think that is out of the question. I would be happy with anything over 153 with me being tuned low.

After I move the box and with my current electrical upgrades, if I still don't get 153+ (I don't see how I cant) I am considering 4 zcons on a big ass amp or adding 2 more xcons and another GP3000D. I am in wall class anyway, so why not wall it off with 6 18's right? lol

Fact is other than bass-race or drive-by I am going to get my ass kicked. There are just too many big ass systems around here. I am not going to have a shitty sounding system just to put up a big score. That was never my goal and never will be.

Sounds like the hatch area is turning it into a bandpass. Moving away from the rear door will help that.

The old school systems from back in the day would get loud and look/sound good also. I hate the pure SPL systems of today. They are 1 note wonders that will not play music. :WTFBubble: Keep yours going in the direction you are headed, "being loud, looking good and sounding good" is worth the effort. :dancing:

The whole fuckin truck, from wheels, to the stereo, to the new seats, is just amazing. If I ever get out your way, I'd love to see it in person.

J

I will let you know that there will NOT be any snow at this event ... :drink40:

It might even get a little warm there ...

I had to revisit this build...I forgot how badass it is!

Sounds like the hatch area is turning it into a bandpass. Moving away from the rear door will help that.

The old school systems from back in the day would get loud and look/sound good also. I hate the pure SPL systems of today. They are 1 note wonders that will not play music. :WTFBubble: Keep yours going in the direction you are headed, "being loud, looking good and sounding good" is worth the effort. :dancing:

Bandpass - Exactly. I think it will too John.

I appreciate all the work it takes to put up those really high numbers, but that is not for me. I have to drive around and listen to it, it has to be enjoyable everyday!

Thanks Buddy.

The whole fuckin truck, from wheels, to the stereo, to the new seats, is just amazing. If I ever get out your way, I'd love to see it in person.

J

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate that.

Come on down bro, anytime.

I will let you know that there will NOT be any snow at this event ... :drink40:

It might even get a little warm there ...

I hope it's warm, I wanna see some titties. :drink40:

The best titties are the ones i have not seen. lol

I had to revisit this build...I forgot how badass it is!

Thank you Sir.

I hope it's warm, I wanna see some titties. :drink40:

The best titties are the ones i have not seen. lol

:roflmao::boobs2:

chop

Another box im still recovering over the four 18's!!! Another challenge would be great :)

Another box im still recovering over the four 18's!!! Another challenge would be great :)

Think of it as pre training for the Coast Guard. Your still young, you need to be helping your elders. lol

One mean ride for sure.

Thanks Mark!

Love the pics!

Thanks Buddy!

I heard this beast tonight.

Very nice I must say.

Thanks a lot Bro! Was good to meet you! Glad you liked it.

Figured I'd add this...

This really has got to be one of my favorite ground pounders I've heard yet.

I actually think I've found what I want my next setup to sound like.

The Xcon's sounded great, not like I expected anything less. Really a great sub, I knew first time I seen em they was going to be awesome. Good job SSA!

I really like the mids/highs. I didn't think that type of setup was for me, but after listening to it, I really have changed my mind.

Great all around setup.

Now time for me to start figuring out how I can get something like it.

too sexy... I'd put out for a ride in that truck... no homo of course... :peepwall:

Figured I'd add this...

This really has got to be one of my favorite ground pounders I've heard yet.

I actually think I've found what I want my next setup to sound like.

The Xcon's sounded great, not like I expected anything less. Really a great sub, I knew first time I seen em they was going to be awesome. Good job SSA!

I really like the mids/highs. I didn't think that type of setup was for me, but after listening to it, I really have changed my mind.

Great all around setup.

Now time for me to start figuring out how I can get something like it.

Wow, thanks a lot man. I really appreciate that!

People get a bad experience from most pro audio set up with big mids and super tweeters because the person didn't spend any time dialing it in. It's not plug and play, you have to tweak it. It's easy to get really loud, but it's even easier to sound like complete shit. I know mine sounded like that at first too. lol With some time in the seat, you can smooth it out and can sound really good. Might not look as cool as the doors with 12 drivers in them, but I would rather sound good than have a cool door and I think it keeps up just fine like it is. :fing34:

As for the Xcons, I have always told Mark if more people could hear them they would love them. They are really great subs and can make a really nice ground pounder set up. You are not going to burp and fart your way to a trophy with them, but that is not the design. They are for people who enjoy their music and still want to get loud as hell.

Thanks again for the kind words Bro. Makes me feel good that the time and effort put into this build was worth it. Let me know if I can help you out any with your build.