Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

too sexy... I'd put out for a ride in that truck... no homo of course... :peepwall:

Come on down bro.

Show me what your working with! LOL

You might have me talked into hurrying and doing my frontstage.

I'm still scared to go pro audio, but I just might.

Only thing I want different than yours is a little louder tweeter. I didn't expect the bullet style to sound like that, which I'm sure it can be ear piercing with a little adjustment. I only like loudish tweeters on rap, a nice detailed tessssssssk and such but I hate it on anything else. On heavy rock, it seems like a clusterfuck, the shhhhhhh and tisssshhhh, of cymbals. It just gives me a instant headache lol.

Still none the less I was very impressed with the overall sound.

Maybe one day soon I can get some more listening time with it, but overall I think I've found what I really like.

You might have me talked into hurrying and doing my frontstage.

I'm still scared to go pro audio, but I just might.

Only thing I want different than yours is a little louder tweeter. I didn't expect the bullet style to sound like that, which I'm sure it can be ear piercing with a little adjustment. I only like loudish tweeters on rap, a nice detailed tessssssssk and such but I hate it on anything else. On heavy rock, it seems like a clusterfuck, the shhhhhhh and tisssshhhh, of cymbals. It just gives me a instant headache lol.

Still none the less I was very impressed with the overall sound.

Maybe one day soon I can get some more listening time with it, but overall I think I've found what I really like.

Ha Ha, trust me the tweeter will get MUCH louder. I have the level way down on them as that is not what I like.

Next time your in Florence, hit me up and we can try out some different levels to see if you like it.

Pro audio is not for everyone and really I didn't like most set ups that I listened to either, but I love the B&C drivers. With a little EQ they can really get down on midbass and are still loud and clear up in the vocals. Which is nice when you want to chill out and listen to something at a modest volume level. IE: wife and kids in the car. lol

Good thing is when I want to turn the xcons up, you can still hear voice. Hard to do that with typical car audio drivers.

Edit to add that the tweeter is IMO the weakest link in my system, but it works ok and it is what it is.................for now. Muhahahaha

I've been trying to research on which drivers I might have some interest in. I got a pretty good idea on what I want exactly, just gotta pick out everything and get the monies. Lol.

Maybe I'll get with ya on a warmish afternoon, and hang out for a while and not have anything else I gotta rush off to do.

People get a bad experience from most pro audio set up with big mids and super tweeters because the person didn't spend any time dialing it in. It's not plug and play, you have to tweak it. It's easy to get really loud, but it's even easier to sound like complete shit. I know mine sounded like that at first too. lol With some time in the seat, you can smooth it out and can sound really good. Might not look as cool as the doors with 12 drivers in them, but I would rather sound good than have a cool door and I think it keeps up just fine like it is. :fing34:

As for the Xcons, I have always told Mark if more people could hear them they would love them. They are really great subs and can make a really nice ground pounder set up. You are not going to burp and fart your way to a trophy with them, but that is not the design. They are for people who enjoy their music and still want to get loud as hell.

IMO far too many folks just toss it in, go with it and complain that it sounds like s@#%. Just as you said, it's not plug and play, you have to work to make it sound good. And from the reviews that you have been getting, it sounds like you put in the time and effort to get your system to sound good. :fing34:

I (We - Team Blues/LP) say the same thing about the Blues drivers as you do the Xcons, if more people heard them, they would love them. With that being said, the folks that have heard them are turned into belivers. Just ask Mark about the demos he got of Ray's Escape and my truck in Vegas. He put a review post up over on CA-F The Blues drivers can win trophies at SQ contests, but are really for folks that love music, and want to play it loud. Just not as loud as yours. :trippy::roflmao:

Don't want to hi-jack your thread, so back on topic. Truck looks great, system looks great, hope I get to hear it at Scrapin' the Coast. :drink40:

John

Edited by 6APPEAL

Figured I'd add this...

This really has got to be one of my favorite ground pounders I've heard yet.

I actually think I've found what I want my next setup to sound like.

The Xcon's sounded great, not like I expected anything less. Really a great sub, I knew first time I seen em they was going to be awesome. Good job SSA!

I really like the mids/highs. I didn't think that type of setup was for me, but after listening to it, I really have changed my mind.

Great all around setup.

Now time for me to start figuring out how I can get something like it.

:dancing:

Figured I'd add this...

This really has got to be one of my favorite ground pounders I've heard yet.

I actually think I've found what I want my next setup to sound like.

The Xcon's sounded great, not like I expected anything less. Really a great sub, I knew first time I seen em they was going to be awesome. Good job SSA!

I really like the mids/highs. I didn't think that type of setup was for me, but after listening to it, I really have changed my mind.

Great all around setup.

Now time for me to start figuring out how I can get something like it.

Wow, thanks a lot man. I really appreciate that!

People get a bad experience from most pro audio set up with big mids and super tweeters because the person didn't spend any time dialing it in. It's not plug and play, you have to tweak it. It's easy to get really loud, but it's even easier to sound like complete shit. I know mine sounded like that at first too. lol With some time in the seat, you can smooth it out and can sound really good. Might not look as cool as the doors with 12 drivers in them, but I would rather sound good than have a cool door and I think it keeps up just fine like it is. :fing34:

As for the Xcons, I have always told Mark if more people could hear them they would love them. They are really great subs and can make a really nice ground pounder set up. You are not going to burp and fart your way to a trophy with them, but that is not the design. They are for people who enjoy their music and still want to get loud as hell.

Thanks again for the kind words Bro. Makes me feel good that the time and effort put into this build was worth it. Let me know if I can help you out any with your build.

You can tell me too. ;)

IMO far too many folks just toss it in, go with it and complain that it sounds like s@#%. Just as you said, it's not plug and play, you have to work to make it sound good. And from the reviews that you have been getting, it sounds like you put in the time and effort to get your system to sound good. :fing34:

I (We - Team Blues/LP) say the same thing about the Blues drivers as you do the Xcons, if more people heard them, they would love them. With that being said, the folks that have heard them are turned into belivers. Just ask Mark about the demos he got of Ray's Escape and my truck in Vegas. He put a review post up over on CA-F The Blues drivers can win trophies at SQ contests, but are really for folks that love music, and want to play it loud. Just not as loud as yours. :trippy::roflmao:

Don't want to hi-jack your thread, so back on topic. Truck looks great, system looks great, hope I get to hear it at Scrapin' the Coast. :drink40:

John

Thanks a lot man.

John, I really hope things work out so I can come down and hang out with you guys at Scrapin'. I think it would be a good time and I would really love to have some seat time in the Team LP trucks. Maybe you guys could help me out a little too! Even at my age, I still don't know it all. lol :ughdunno:

You can tell me too. ;)

Fine! I love your subs. LOVE THEM, BUT < mash it

XCONS

Incredible subs. Very lucky to have people like yourself who still care about how things sound when not on a meter. People just assume since they are not marketed as a SPL sub that something else will get soooo much louder. Well some can in the right set up, but I will tell you this......... I was following behind my wife the other night leaving my Dad's house and she had the kids in the car. (I was alone because I wanted to smoke :fing34: ) When we pulled into the driveway the kids came bouncing out of her car to tell me my radio was making their seats vibrate......At 80 MPH. How about that for a SQ woofer?

John

Thanks a lot man.

John, I really hope things work out so I can come down and hang out with you guys at Scrapin'. I think it would be a good time and I would really love to have some seat time in the Team LP trucks. Maybe you guys could help me out a little too! Even at my age, I still don't know it all. lol :ughdunno:

You can tell me too. ;)

Fine! I love your subs. LOVE THEM, BUT < mash it

XCONS

Incredible subs. Very lucky to have people like yourself who still care about how things sound when not on a meter. People just assume since they are not marketed as a SPL sub that something else will get soooo much louder. Well some can in the right set up, but I will tell you this......... I was following behind my wife the other night leaving my Dad's house and she had the kids in the car. (I was alone because I wanted to smoke :fing34: ) When we pulled into the driveway the kids came bouncing out of her car to tell me my radio was making their seats vibrate......At 80 MPH. How about that for a SQ woofer?

Haha, that is awesome. Thanks for the feedback. :)

"making their seats vibrate......At 80 MPH. How about that for a SQ woofer? "

Very nice :woot: :woot:

I NEED TO HEAR THIS TRUCK !!! :fing34:

And, I need to hear yours too buddy! Hopefully soon Bro. I have it marked on my calender for sure!

"making their seats vibrate......At 80 MPH. How about that for a SQ woofer? "

Very nice :woot: :woot:

Ha Ha! I loved hearing them say that. Put a big smile on my face! :woot: The wife was not as impressed as the kids. LOL

You guys are the only people who can enjoy it with me. Everyone else just thinks it's retarded.

hope I get to hear it at Scrapin' the Coast. :drink40:

John

I really hope things work out so I can come down and hang out with you guys at Scrapin'. I think it would be a good time and I would really love to have some seat time in the Team LP trucks. Maybe you guys could help me out a little too! Even at my age, I still don't know it all. lol :ughdunno:

I NEED TO HEAR THIS TRUCK !!! :fing34:

And, I need to hear yours too buddy! Hopefully soon Bro. I have it marked on my calender for sure!

I have a Comcats Xfinity business trip to plan for and go on so I will not get to compete any until Scrapin The Coast ... So I plan on making this a fun one ... I will be making hotel reservations soon ... You think you going to make it bro ...

Yeah, I am planning on it Buddy. I think the wife wants to go too. She's cool, but she don't like it when i try to stick my wiener at strange girls. lol She may not, but who knows. How about Rich? Haven't spoke to him in a while, was he planning to go? If Kim or another wife/GF didn't go, I doubt mine would go which would be cool too. I would bring a friend.

Where are you guys staying. PM or Email me through my profile if you want.

The Yukon should have a some new surprises by then too.

yea, my wife and kids will be comming with me ... but its too hot at the show so they might hang out at the hotel and on the beach ... then we will all go cruzin and shopping in the afternoon and deffinately go cruzin at night on the strip ... :drink40:

yea, my wife and kids will be comming with me ... but its too hot at the show so they might hang out at the hotel and on the beach ... then we will all go cruzin and shopping in the afternoon and deffinately go cruzin at night on the strip ... :drink40:

Cool.

I am 100000000000% sure I wont be bringing my kids. That's one reason the wife said she wanted to go to get away from those needy little shits for a little while. lol

She could stay on the beach all day and be quite happy with just a book. I will talk to her tomorrow about it again.

we may leave the boys with grandparents ... not shure yet ... I will call the hotel we stayed at last year and get details and hit you up with a pm ...

I wish I coud say I had a few things done to White Lightning but not shure if its going to happen ... who knows ... :ughdunno:

The show was fun ... But me and the wife enjoyed cruzin the strip after hours and doing up a few demos the most ... Hope it is just as much fun this year ...

its a tripple point USACI event ... i'm shure that the entire Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio will be there ...

Cool.

I will make this happen. You buying the first one?

:drink40:

Yes Sir ... :drink40: