Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

On the SSA FB!

So far it looks great. Dealing with that much cable has got to be a PITA.

I've been in a Yukon, walled 32 hz tune, 4-Orion 15" h2 subs driven by 4 Orion 2500d amps. The boxes, individual, were modified by me to Orion specs.

This was loud, but I've no idea how they'd compare to some of the subs today.

Your setup has got to be absolutely nuts.

On a side note, How much balance does your system have? Or put another way, how well does the proaudio gear keep up with your sub stage at full tilt, or can it? I'm just curious, as I've never been in anything like your truck.

Keep up the the great work!

Where did you the amps for the front/rear stages?

Edited by cobra93

I would love to hear that beast!

If you make your way down to Myrtle Beach again this year, hit me up for my cell phone. Would love for you to hear it.

Looks sick bro!!!!!

Please let me make you a custom set of RCAs for your setup :slayer: seriously they would look badass!

Thanks Man!

I wish you would!!!! That's the shortest I could find and they look like shit sticking our like that.

That's a sweet ass shot right there!!!

You keep going and the joke about needing a trailer to carry some of your equipment, will be needed.

It's a far cry from being indecisive and making things just like you want them.

Excellent work!

Thank you Sir. I like that shot too.

It's not perfect, but with some nip and tuck I think I can clean it up and make it pretty. lol

very nice :fing34::fing34:

Thanks Bro!

On the SSA FB!

Cool! Now if i only had face book. Hahaha

I will go tell the wife to like it, wonder if she will. It would be a lie. :roflmao:

We have a lot of casual members and lurkers. Many are on FB, and it is a simple and easy way to post updates or news or cool builds etc. :)

So far it looks great. Dealing with that much cable has got to be a PITA.

I've been in a Yukon, walled 32 hz tune, 4-Orion 15" h2 subs driven by 4 Orion 2500d amps. The boxes, individual, were modified by me to Orion specs.

This was loud, but I've no idea how they'd compare to some of the subs today.

Your setup has got to be absolutely nuts.

On a side note, How much balance does your system have? Or put another way, how well does the proaudio gear keep up with your sub stage at full tilt, or can it? I'm just curious, as I've never been in anything like your truck.

Keep up the the great work!

Where did you the amps for the front/rear stages?

Yes Sir, it was and is a pain in the ass. I think it will help a bunch when I put bats on each side and split it up a little bit. I hope then i can put a cover on it and hide it from view all together.

Believe it or not, it has GREAT balance. Not a SQ thing, but very loud and clear. The drivers i have now keep up quite well. I do not know why people put so many of these in their cars. Mine can be herd clearly at full tilt and that is no shit! Monkey see monkey do I suppose. If it's just for the look, well then that is different.

The amps for the mids and highs are under the rear seat. 2 MB Quart 4ch's bridged.

Thanks again Buddy!

Thanks for the offer, but we will have to wait and see. I will let you know. :fing34:

Couple more pics of the box.

Here it is now moving the bats pushed it away from the rear hatch a good bit. Easily got 8" + as it sits.

dscf30095781720.jpg

Now for some potential good news. If I do not latch the rear seats I can push the box way off the hatch and stay behind the pillar. I hope this give's me some flexibility on the meter to tweak and try to get that little bit more.

Seats Locked with box in it's current position.

dscf30105789671.jpg

Seats unlocked with the box in the same position.

dscf30165828857.jpg

dscf30115798339.jpg

Big difference! Hopefully the meter will agree. LOL :rofl2:

I am serious about the rca wires. I would love to make then for your build. You just pay for materials ie wire, rca connectors and techflex. If you want pm me if you are interested. :attempt:

I am serious about the rca wires. I would love to make then for your build. You just pay for materials ie wire, rca connectors and techflex. If you want pm me if you are interested. :attempt:

YES, of course I am interested, you do excellent work! I really appreciate the offer Bro!

What do you need me to measure?

I guess I will go ahead and mount my amps to box. Very good build and setup thanks for helping me make decision.

A video needs to be stickied, 28 pages are too many to scan through.

YES, of course I am interested, you do excellent work! I really appreciate the offer Bro!

What do you need me to measure?

Well.... you need to figure out what rca wires you need then measure the lengths. Such as hu->processor->amps or hu->amps or processor->amps and amp->amp. I layout string from start to end to determine lengths. Often a tape measure isnt ideal.

Since you already have your rca wires ran from your hu I would continue to use them. From that point on I can build you custom lengths and colors. Some people like to color code their wires. Like red = highs, blue = midrange, yellow = subbass the color options are endless if you decide on that route. Or your rca wires could be all the same color/design. Check out 1/4" techflex from partsexpress. This will give you an idea for color and design patterns.

Also need to figure out if you need 2 channel, 4 channel or mono and how many of each.

I like P3 connectors. They are not the cheapest but are reasonably priced and good quality. Mostly everything can be bought at partsexpress except for the wire. IMO gepco ez wire is great for our unbalanced connections and it is dirt cheap.

When you decide on the lengths you need and so forth I can give you an itemized parts list. Then you pay me for materials I will buy them and assemble the wires then ship them out to you.

Gotta tune in for this considering im going to do 2 18" zcons with 2 saz2500s . Your install seems so clean. If its okay, ill Probly come to you for some tips if that's okay :) keep it coming mang!

OOOH custom RCAs? Nice. Going to cover your box at all? Looks AH-MAZING, Sir. Videos would be tits. :wub:

OOOH custom RCAs? Nice. Going to cover your box at all? Looks AH-MAZING, Sir. Videos would be tits. :wub:

Agreed! Videoos!!!

I guess I will go ahead and mount my amps to box. Very good build and setup thanks for helping me make decision.

I went back and forth, but the box is double layer everywhere and triple on top so I dont see any real reason to worry about it.

I dont have anywhere else to put them so........... necessity is the mother of invention.

A video needs to be stickied, 28 pages are too many to scan through.

Sorry Quentin, it's been a work in progress for a while now.

Maybe I can take a walk about video of it.

Gotta tune in for this considering im going to do 2 18" zcons with 2 saz2500s . Your install seems so clean. If its okay, ill Probly come to you for some tips if that's okay :) keep it coming mang!

Thanks!

I am happy to help if I can.

Box is covered in vinyl, wish it wasnt now. I think bed liner would have looked nice and fit the theme a little better. Maybe one day I will change it. Maybe sooner rather than later if it dont meter what i want it to. LOL

Yes Vids!

Agreed! Videoos!!!

:fing34:

10/4

Must have ZCON footage!!

Damn, Does it ever stop? HaHa

Okay I get it, VIDS!

:roflmao:

Looks like bare MDF! haha my bad

Damn bro nice build I wish I had a tahoe without the mpg lol

Omg I want to see some Vids soooooo BAD :)!!

Damn bro nice build I wish I had a tahoe without the mpg lol

Yeah, that is killing me right now. I am keeping the Yukon, but I am looking for another car. Just makes sense to drive something else everyday. Plus, I have a Dynaudio 3 way set in the closet that has been begging me for some attention. lol

Omg I want to see some Vids soooooo BAD :)!!

Again with the vids. LOL

Soon Buddy. Let me clean it up first. :drink40:

I got the rights to the first video. So whenever Lances let's me, there will be plenty.

I would assume this weekend.

Also, any requests?