Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

:droolcup: I want your voltage!

Glad to see your back making progress. :morepower1:

Honestly Bro, I changed and cleaned so much shit I almost took the quad alts off and went back to dual alts.

I have done some work, but really didnt feel like taking pics because I was so pissed about the voltage and rough idle. Voltage was going up and down never consistent even wanted to stall out the truck. Acted like a bad ground. I traced, cleaned and even added grounds throughout my truck ( I have LOTS of Grounds, LOL) and same shit. When I got on it, it would drop to 13.2v out the gate and keep dropping slowly. NO FUN!

Long story short...............302Clemtard......er redneck was telling me to just wait on the regulator, but Nooooooooooo, I had to throw money at it left and right and not fix the problem. lol

:suicide-santa:

:droolcup: I want your voltage!

The regulator is set as low as it will go. :drink40:

I want to keep it below 14.9v, but when I start it up cold is gets on up there for a bit until she warms up. lol

Anyway, Back in business now !!!!!!

Hope I do better on the meter this weekend. I should, but I know how that shit goes. lol

:dancing:

Glad to hear you got your setup dialed in. Voltage issues are a pita. I have to tell myself to stop watching the volt meter and keep my eyes on the road lol.

nice ride bro looks awesome :drink40: how many cubic ft is ur box :woot:

Glad to hear you got your setup dialed in. Voltage issues are a pita. I have to tell myself to stop watching the volt meter and keep my eyes on the road lol.

Me too Bro. Sucked to add what was supposed to be more current and lose db's LOL

Thanks Mang.

Box is 24cf after displacement tuned to 33hz.

Honestly Bro, I changed and cleaned so much shit I almost took the quad alts off and went back to dual alts.

I have done some work, but really didnt feel like taking pics because I was so pissed about the voltage and rough idle. Voltage was going up and down never consistent even wanted to stall out the truck. Acted like a bad ground. I traced, cleaned and even added grounds throughout my truck ( I have LOTS of Grounds, LOL) and same shit. When I got on it, it would drop to 13.2v out the gate and keep dropping slowly. NO FUN!

Long story short...............302Clemtard......er redneck was telling me to just wait on the regulator, but Nooooooooooo, I had to throw money at it left and right and not fix the problem. lol

:suicide-santa:

Wow. It's good to hear you got your voltage situation sorted out. I am a little curious as to what the problem was and how you got it sorted out exactly, if you don't mind sharing. It would be good to know in case I start having the same issues. Thanks and keep on keeping on. :fing34:

Yeap, I told him the whole time, voltage fluxuating will cause idle the fluxuate also. But noooooooooooooo.

That's what getting old and hard headed does to a man.

Yeah, I think its time for some more videos too. I haven't even heard this thing since the SOB show.

Me too Bro. Sucked to add what was supposed to be more current and lose db's LOL

Thanks Mang.

Box is 24cf after displacement tuned to 33hz.

:fing34: so it like 30cf gross man thats a big box :roflmao: im sure it drops hard :woot: :woot:

Wow. It's good to hear you got your voltage situation sorted out. I am a little curious as to what the problem was and how you got it sorted out exactly, if you don't mind sharing. It would be good to know in case I start having the same issues. Thanks and keep on keeping on. :fing34:

The quad alts were confusing the hell out of my computer basically. I am guessing it had no idea what load to tell the alts to charge at so it went up and down up and down, lights dimming, truck idling rough and low like 300-400 rpm wanting to shut off. It would go from 15v to 12v in a fraction of a second and repeat. If I put a load on it with the radio it would level out but level out low like 13.2ish.

I reinstalled my VCM to regulate the alts externally and poof.........no more problems.

Really I would have used the VCM out the gate, but there is a reason I didn't and that's another story I wont get into as I would just be piling on and that's not my style.

Yeap, I told him the whole time, voltage fluxuating will cause idle the fluxuate also. But noooooooooooooo.

That's what getting old and hard headed does to a man.

Yeah, I think its time for some more videos too. I haven't even heard this thing since the SOB show.

Suck it.

LOL

Na, you did say that the whole time. I thought it was idle air sensor, air leak, dirty TB/MAF. Oh well, she drives better now.

:fing34: so it like 30cf gross man thats a big box :roflmao: im sure it drops hard :woot: :woot:

Yes, big box is big.

:roflmao:

Yes, big box is big.

I like my box big and bare! .... :peepwall:

Wait I forgot were talking about sub woofer box!

:P

Glad you got your issues sorted out.

So have you caused any quakes in your state yet? :drink40:

Edited by cobra93

Yes, big box is big.

I like my box big and bare! .... :peepwall:

Wait I forgot were talking about sub woofer box!

:P

Well being married, I would just like for it to be okay to try out some new box every now and then. LOL

Glad you got your issues sorted out.

So have you caused any quakes in your state yet? :drink40:

Me too Homie.

Not yet, but my truck is hating me. I have epoxied so much stuff back on inside, It is one squeaky bitch with the tunes off. LOL

I have lots to do now.

Man those wheels are sexy.

This guy ^ after all that and he just likes the wheels. lol Thanks Man!

Problems.

:WTFBubble:

Been hearing a rattle in back and I was thinking it was a trim panel. Today I took the trim off the C pillar and lookie what I have now.

My new modified C pillars.

cpillar.jpg

cpillar2.jpg

I knew i was fucking up my truck, but come on now Zcons, This is just wrong.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about permanently fixing this?

Bad part is, I have no idea how bad this is until I take out the box. :ughdunno:

OUCH! The poor Yukon is starting to tap out man!

Where is that located?

OUCH! The poor Yukon is starting to tap out man!

Ya, no shit. It hates me. lol

Where is that located?

On the C pillar inside about half way up.

I herd it inside my truck then it just got loud as hell. I am afraid there is much more as that is all I can see with big box in the way. Loud as shit on the outside too. I can press the outside rear panel at the window line and hear metal crunching together.

the GMC has just about had it with you and your Zcons

Drill holes at the end of cracks, then weld everything up.

If you don't have access to a welder / can't fit it in there, maybe JB weld :ughdunno:

But I would definitely drill holes at the end of the cracks, this will stop it from spreading.

Problems.

Been hearing a rattle in back and I was thinking it was a trim panel. Today I took the trim off the C pillar and lookie what I have now.

My new modified C pillars.

I knew i was fucking up my truck, but come on now Zcons, This is just wrong.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about permanently fixing this?

Bad part is, I have no idea how bad this is until I take out the box. :ughdunno:

Is that the plastic that is cracked? This product works great for plastic repair. It maybe cheaper and easier to buy a new panel though. Sounds like a mounting tab coming on the inside of the vehicle may have broke loose from the tiny factory spot welds. I had this happen to me behind my headliner. Was loud a chit inside and outside the vehicle.

I just looked at the pics again. If that is metal, welding is really the only solution.

Drill holes at the end of cracks, then weld everything up.

If you don't have access to a welder / can't fit it in there, maybe JB weld :ughdunno:

But I would definitely drill holes at the end of the cracks, this will stop it from spreading.

Yeah, I will drill the holes to stop the spread, but I do not have a welder. I have thought about grinding it out and maybe filling it with something like JB weld.

I just dont know how bad this is right now. I had been hearing a rattle, but All hell just broke loose in the past couple days.

Is that the plastic that is cracked? This product works great for plastic repair. It maybe cheaper and easier to buy a new panel though. Sounds like a mounting tab coming on the inside of the vehicle may have broke loose from the tiny factory spot welds. I had this happen to me behind my headliner. Was loud a chit inside and outside the vehicle.

I just looked at the pics again. If that is metal, welding is really the only solution.

Defiantly metal Bro. I wish it was going to be as easy as buying a new trim piece.

Really not looking forward to tearing all this shit out to get a look at it. :suicide-santa:

That sucks man. I guess it is time to upgrade something since you have to rip it out :morepower1:

I got a welder. But honestly, if you know any welders, it would only take them a few minutes and it would be done. Plus they would have a blanket to put down so the sparks wouldn't catch nothing on fire.

I definitely wouldn't JB weld it or anything like that.