Julian

SDS Dedicated Forum

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Sound Deadener Showdown (SDS) to have it's own dedicated forum here on SSA?

• Yes
    • No
    • No preference

Just seeing if I'm the only one who would love to have Don (SDS) have his own dedicated forum.

:drink40:

Heck to the yeah!

I know more people have this feeling!

:drink40:

Maybe Don will weigh in on this!

Havn't used SDS products as of yet but I have read alot about them from threads here on the forum. Would be nice to have his knowledge right here were I spend most of my internet time!

I voted Yes.

Would be good, if there are separate threads just for deadning, showing the proper way to do it, advices and so on.

Maybe Don can post his work too. Like Aarons Mazda.

It would be a HUGE asset to the SSA community for Don to have his own dedicated forum.

He is the primary source of accurate and informative input regarding sound deadening and noise control.

Would be great, Don seems like a real good guy every time ive dealt with him. I vote yes.

I really appreciate all of the kind words and the sentiment behind this initiative but I voted "no". :D, not really, I didn't vote at all ;) It's probably not a good idea though. For one thing, another company already has a sub-forum. Having two competing businesses represented could cause complications that we don't need. Beyond that, I'm uncomfortable with the structure. I'd rather try and give the best advice I can regardless of the products someone chooses to use.

What I'd suggest for consideration is a brand agnostic sound deadening sub-forum. That would bring all of the relevant posts into one place and to be selfish about it, would make things easier for me to monitor. I do check in a few times a day but frequently miss threads that I would like to post in. This way anybody can participate whether they want to offer advice or take a position that would otherwise be looked at with hostility in a brand specific forum. I also don't want to be put in a position where I'm expected to hawk my products. I don't make a lot of announcements and have a Web site when I do. Just seems like a more constructive way to go about things. Really flattering though :fing34:

I vote yes because I would like to annoy him with various questions about his product... And some about life. ...

So yes!

I'd have to agree with Don, a new subsection without a brand name for sound deadening would be a great addition to this forum.

Rudy to RudeBoy lol. The sound control subsection would be great for everyone. It should be called... Rattle me Not.

Rudy to RudeBoy lol. The sound control subsection would be great for everyone. It should be called... Rattle me This.

thejoker1104_468x443.jpg

I concur, the sub section is a must. A central location for all threads sound deadening related would be the best way to go. Nothing wrong with a brand specific section, but a general one would alleviate any brand hierarchy or favoritism and make it much easier for people to ask about information on new brands or one's that aren't often used or mentioned.

I vote YES.

Don I agree that having two competing brands on one forum can be complicated, but remember we have 10 competing subwoofer brands, 5 competing amplifier brands, and 5 enclosure brands. a little competition is healthy :)

Don I agree that having two competing brands on one forum can be complicated, but remember we have 10 competing subwoofer brands, 5 competing amplifier brands, and 5 enclosure brands. a little competition is healthy :)

It's safe to say that this situation is different than the rest - at least I think it's safe to say that ;)

It's safe to say that this situation is different than the rest - at least I think it's safe to say that ;)

I have a feeling it shouldn't be a problem now ;)

I say yes when I bought my sound deadner from Don he went above and behind with what I should and Walked me through it as much as possible.

And his deadner is Quality leaps and bounds ahead of the bullshit ass Rattle Trap extreme I had in my car.

I have a feeling it shouldn't be a problem now ;)

exactly what i was thinking :werd_msword:

So is a dedicated non-company sound deadening section what everyone wants?

Yes. :)

Sounds like a good alternative :)