dorian01

amplifier future

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070603225026.htm

we can we expect to see these in amplifiers? and how much more efficient would they be if 30% or more of the heat was turned into electricity?

what about lining sub boxes with piezoelectric crystals to make electiricity from the sound subwoofers produce. and have that electricity go back to the amplifier/capacitor.

Likely too expensive to implement, plus just another thing to break. 95% of car audio people want the cheapest amplifier they can get. So I'd say probably never.

Plus the amplifier itself wouldn't be any more efficient if it used these. It would just have an extra source for electricity, thus possibly reducing the load on the batteries and alternator. It would still use the same amount of power. If it did ever come out, chances are it would not be built into the amplifier but sold as an add-on, like a capacitor.

Come on 48volts! :)

piezo's while useful for a lot of things, wouldn't be so helpful in that regard. Even if they could you'd want to mount them on something that bends a lot more than an enclosure to increase their output

Likely too expensive to implement, plus just another thing to break. 95% of car audio people want the cheapest amplifier they can get. So I'd say probably never.

Plus the amplifier itself wouldn't be any more efficient if it used these. It would just have an extra source for electricity, thus possibly reducing the load on the batteries and alternator. It would still use the same amount of power. If it did ever come out, chances are it would not be built into the amplifier but sold as an add-on, like a capacitor.

Word, I can more than accept an amplifier that's 70-80% efficient, I'm not looking for an amplifier thats 100% the extra 30-20% doesn't really matter or is worth it to me because it would cost much more than a less efficient one. :gayhaaay1:

Plus there isn't a big enough demand for it in the car audio industry. 80% or 90% of car audio products sold are cheap shit. For every person with a nice setup, there's fifty with their sony xplods and 1200watt max amplifiers that use lamp cord for their power and grounds...

Plus there isn't a big enough demand for it in the car audio industry. 80% or 90% of car audio products sold are cheap shit. For every person with a nice setup, there's fifty with their sony xplods and 1200watt max amplifiers that use lamp cord for their power and grounds...

WHAT?

WHAT?

Two systems I've seen at school, people used lamp cord for their power and grounds on their 1200max output 300rms amps. :suicide-santa:

Wow i seen some stuff but thats a weird way of making it hilly billyish! :roflmao:

WHAT?

Two systems I've seen at school, people used lamp cord for their power and grounds on their 1200max output 300rms amps. :suicide-santa:

I've seen this done ... in da hood. :sleepwerd4: I've been told (by them) that they was beatin harder than me ... I smiled and said OK.