Second Skin

Company Car

New Second Skin Car  

54 members have voted

1. 1. what type of car should the new Second Skin Audio car be?

What kind of car do you think we should buy to properly represent Second Skin in the lanes and on the street?

I Personally think we should have an '08 Mustang, midnight Blue, with the second skin logo painted on the hood in chrome colored reflective paint.

what do you think?

AX

Hmm...

I would say.. Definitely not a van or SUV, too common. No single cab truck with a bed topper..

Do something small-ish but give it a gigantic sound.

Ya do old school car thats all metal and would rattle like a bisch.

70s camaro, mustang, custlas, something along those lines. Everyone has vans, suvs, sportscars.

I would buy a more common car that's known for having a lot of road noise. You're a sound damping company so it should be a vehicle that will show you can make a common car sound like a whisper quite Bentley using your product. I would also go SQ. Anyone can get loud but not many can build a real SQ system. SPL will take away from the whole point of removing road noise.

Your 3 package vehicles are all loud and noisy stock. And I don't see to many people throwing huge systems in any of those cars.

If you could deaden a Vette or a Mustang and make the system sound amazing I'd be far more impressed then a quiet ride that's gonna have plastic rattles with an spl setup. I'm sure you could pinpoint every single squeak and rattle, but that would be a bit unrealistic for the average consumer to do. If they heard your demo vehicle didn't make a peep at high spl, they would surely be let down when they order a kit or product expecting the same results and not getting them.

Just my opinion. :drink40:

Edited by Teampapi79

You could say I'm biased for saying this... and Ant did it to his vehicle... but I say a jeep :D

Everyone says jeeps are impossible to get quiet, I say prove them wrong :P

The JKs are actually fairly quiet to begin with...

^This, or an older muscle car :)

Dodge Magnum new school wagon!!!!!! not to big but not to same potential to get crazy loud. I voted other for the magnum wagon.

Same"Small^^^

Or i could let you do my Scion TC. If you can make that car quiet your a god. I would even let you have it on the off seasons for show.

im with the big ol' metal car that already rattles a ton to show off what you can do with your product. prove that you can kill road noise and annoying noises commonly found on everyday driven cars like that.

I would also say to use an older metal car that would rattle and bang, and just be extremely loud on the road. But if you are gonna go through the lanes, it might not be the best car for that purpose. But it would be nice to see an older muscle car hitting some good numbers in the lanes. It will also depend on how extreme you are going with the car, budget wise. I think the new chevy's look awesome either dropped or with a nice raise, but you are looking at about 35-40 for the truck alone then another 12-15 in wheels and tires, suspension, paint or wrap, interiors, then i dont know what kind of numbers you are looking for but i would say at least another 12-15 in audio to get into some nice numbers also!!

I suddenly had an awesome idea.

smartusa.com

Not so awesome :suicide-santa:

No, seriously..

They're relatively low to the ground so they catch noise from there and they're stupidly light so there's not a lot to stop the noise.. Both road or engine, from what I've heard and read..

I think it would be damn impressive to see a tiny ass Smart Car quiet down to a luxury car level and be able throw up some half decent numbers, certainly it wouldn't be 150s or anything but I think it would honestly be impressive..

And if they ever wanted to take it to shows, it'd get great mileage...

Just my opinion.. :shrug:

as much as i like the idea of driving a Tank as the company vehicle, i found out that Tanks are not legal street cars... :(

how unfortunate

AX

its simple find something with horrible road noise and really bad deadening from the factory sample:scion Xb any model then do what yall do best make it like a mercedes on the inside. cause thats what second skin is all about.