hatersout22

Pictures of my system

IMG00106-20100920-16501.jpg

IMG00104-20100920-16493.jpg

IMG00103-20100920-16491.jpg

I just got this installed last Monday, i believe the 13th, so anyway i have a 12bl fully loaded, sundown sae 1200d, should of got the 1500d, and all 0 gauge wire. I also have the box ported and built to specs. The only thing i need to do is carpet the box. I have all 0 gauge wire. My lights dim badley. I upgraded just the grpund wire in my hood with 0 guage and it stoped the dimming and could let me listen more. Just 1 problem.... How come when im listening to songs with really loud bass like beamer benz or bentley my system stops hitting for 3 seconds and then continues to hit, but if my volume is down it doesent stop.. Why is that? OHH by the way people think i have 4 subs in my car. Its very loud, i blow away everyone in my school lot easily lol.

four subs? no way man! that's sick!!! :suicide-santa:

Doing the "Big 3" helps the flow of current from your alternator to battery and amplifiers, but it does not increase amperage... I suggest you get a dmm and see how much your voltage is dropping at full tilt...

My guess is you'll need a second battery... but post your voltage drop before you go out buying a battery.

As for your headunit shutting off at high volumes, check all your grounds and make sure their on solid grounding spots.

:)

no im using a factory radio.... my radio does not shut off the bass stops hitting for about 3 seconds then it hits... by the way my body is really numb when i get out of the car. Is the bass supposed to be loud in front of the car?

no im using a factory radio.... my radio does not shut off the bass stops hitting for about 3 seconds then it hits... by the way my body is really numb when i get out of the car. Is the bass supposed to be loud in front of the car?

Where else would it be loud? lol

How are you getting the signal into the amp?

now for some reason everything is fine. my lights dont dim or anything, i just upgraded my ground wire to 0 gauge in the hood. I attract soo much attention in my school parking lot, everyone looks and they tell me do you have four 12's in the trunk, and when i pop the trunk open there suprised its just one 12 lol

now for some reason everything is fine. my lights dont dim or anything, i just upgraded my ground wire to 0 gauge in the hood. I attract soo much attention in my school parking lot, everyone looks and they tell me do you have four 12's in the trunk, and when i pop the trunk open there suprised its just one 12 lol

No need to restate shit.... :suicide-santa:

:ohnoes9:

you will learn the consequences REAL quick if you keep doing that

my trunk rattles like crazy. will putting my back seats down make a big difference?

Ok, stop posting. Please? Jesus Christ

:lolup:

sounds like OP is just really happy about his new setup. Like others said, get a DMM or a voltmeter to check out voltage drop issues

x2

calm down a little bit man. for one, you're friends at school probably run 10" kicker comps and haven't ever heard a real sub before.

two, if you ask appropriate questions, we can tell you what you need to know. no need to keep reposting the same thing.

my trunk rattles like crazy. will putting my back seats down make a big difference?

why don't you try it and find out yourself??

Man I gonna steal yo shit dog :peepwall: jk

but in all seriousness no know cares how much it rattles or if sounds like 200 18"s, numbers from a tl are "impressive"

Get a dmm and check your voltage before you end up ruining your amp man.

LOL!!

If he live in certain areas, he will not have his system for long !

Kid, be careful !!!:suicide-santa: It's your money, not mine. But you will be as sad as you're happy now if they steal your system!

Spend a few days without blasting your system in front of your school. Make the people beleive you don't have anything anymore in the car.:peepwall:

If you don't do that...maybe you will have nothing in the car , for real !!!

If he live in certain areas, he will not have his system for long !

Kid, be careful !!!:suicide-santa: It's your money, not mine. But you will be as sad as you're happy now if they steal your system!

Spend a few days without blasting your system in front of your school. Make the people beleive you don't have anything anymore in the car.:peepwall:

If you don't do that...maybe you will have nothing in the car , for real !!!

x2

dude, don't do this to yourself. I know high schoolers (i'm only 19), and they will straight up steal your shit. And if they don't, someone else will. You've gotta learn to beat responsibly. No parking lots, street lights, neighborhoods, etc. I'm not saying don't use your stereo, but you've gotta make sure you're not attracting attention to yourself at inopportune times, such as when your car is going to be alone for long periods of time (home, school, work). Sure, I'm a dick when i'm in Dallas, because so are they, but when i'm around my home town, I make sure that nobody looks at me more than they need to be looking at me.

but yeah, you might wanna check the Amp, turn it up with a song you know will shut it off, then watch the amp and see if it goes into protect or turns off. I don't know Sundown amps, but i'm sure there's a light for both of those. Digging the setup, i'd hate to see it in a pawn shop like a friend of mine's probably is right now.

Edited by effse7en

check the voltage at the amp, you can lose ~.3V from the front of the car to the back. could make all the deference.

check the voltage at the amp, you can lose ~.3V from the front of the car to the back. could make all the deference.

Voltage drop from front to rear is normal, I have no drop front to rear though.

Even with say, a 1v drop from front to rear, that wouldn't cause the amp to shut off randomly.

I dont know how old you are but when I was in highschool my cousin had a system way before me. 2 15 inch kickers in his nissan maxima.... anyways his dumb ass was always stuntin and driving his friends around town blasting his music then next thing you know somebody during school hrs broke into his car and jacked his deck and his system in one swoop.

Better watch your back man, cause I know somebody out there is probably watching you waiting for you to slip up. Cause you dumb enough to showboat around