RHoughton1

Can someone from DC Power Contact ME!!!!

Rob,Kyle I tried calling both of you and left messages on both. There are two salvage yards within 10 miles that has the engines you can possible talk to about a mock up....

On a side note the reason this thread was started was for three months i was unable to get a hold of you. or anyone from DC Power as I filled out the service tickets. But I have been told several times the alts were close or almost done.I was also told that I would be the first one with the new machined HP alts, then I was told i would be the first with the anodized alts. And as I recall Johnathon Price got his bracket after i orderd mine so how did the machine shop get his done and not mine? So I don't misunderstand anything can you please post the date you can have the alts and brackets finished.

Its sad that todays consumers are so quick to try and sink a company because of one problem. They could send out 10000 alts with no problem but one bad one would send all the haters into a frenzy

I don't understand how 2 years is quick?

So I don't misunderstand anything can you please post the date you can have the alts and brackets finished.

To keep the communication open I would like you or someone from DC Power to respond here.

Thanks Randy Houghton

On a side note the reason this thread was started was for three months i was unable to get a hold of you. or anyone from DC Power as I filled out the service tickets. But I have been told several times the alts were close or almost done.

The first ones I built are done, at least the two I have left. If you recall, I told you the finish wasn't as good as I wanted so we going going to do them different, to which you said you would rather have..

I was also told that I would be the first one with the new machined HP alts, then I was told i would be the first with the anodized alts. You should have been, had we been able to get the bracket finished.

And as I recall Johnathon Price got his bracket after i orderd mine so how did the machine shop get his done and not mine? Your right, he did get his before you, because we didn't build it, Dominick did. I sent him THREE alternators, not the ONE alt he won to make up for waiting (read, he got $1k worth of free alts) and then he "traded" the $1500+ worth of free alts to Iraggi for his current setup of fail. So please, dont even go there with the "so and so got their's and I didn't"..

So I don't misunderstand anything can you please post the date you can have the alts and brackets finished. As soon as I have one, I will gladly do so..

To keep the communication open I would like you or someone from DC Power to respond here. Done..

Thanks Randy Houghton

Edited by DC Power Rob

And as I recall Johnathon Price got his bracket after i orderd mine so how did the machine shop get his done and not mine? Your right, he did get his before you, because we didn't build it, Dominick did. I sent him THREE alternators, not the ONE alt he won to make up for waiting (read, he got $1k worth of free alts) and then he "traded" the $1500+ worth of free alts to Iraggi for his current setup of fail. So please, dont even go there with the "so and so got their's and I didn't"..

I'm sorry i was referring to when I ordered my alts in Febuary 27th 2009 and on March 4th 2009 is when his bracket was done.That was the alts and bracket DC Power Built.

Its sad that todays consumers are so quick to try and sink a company because of one problem. They could send out 10000 alts with no problem but one bad one would send all the haters into a frenzy

I don't understand how 2 years is quick?

Sorry that was more directed towards those that are dogging dc cus of one problem. That they aren't part of.

The ONLY reason this isn't done is because we are waiting on other people. Waiting on our CNC machines because 2 of our machine shops went out of business, waiting to get the vehicle back that we're using so we can finish the bracket, and that's it. Plain and simple.. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing WHATSOEVER to do with us and our customer service, NOTHING! We've done everything we possibly can to get this done in a timely manner and Randy damn well knows it. I've spoken to him almost on a weekly basis giving him updates and he knows everything that's going on so if anyone has any ideas that we're not trying to resolve this, I assure you that's not the case. If any of you had any idea how hard prototyping is, and then dealing with losing a vehicle mid-stream and having a machine shop going out of business while your doing it, you would understand!

If any of you think that we're just blowing a customer off and not getting it done because we dont want to your wrong. I dare say that any of our previous customers know how fanatical we are about maintaining the highest level of customer service and know there's just about no length that we wont go to to make sure our customers are 1000% happy. We still ship 98% of our orders within 48 hours, and the rest within 7 days max as a general rule. If that's not good enough, then as the owner of the company I dont know what else I can do. Sometimes despite our best efforts to avoid it, shitty things just happen, and this is one of those times.

But, on the upside... Reasons like this is why we spent $250k on our own CNC machines, moved into a new 5k sq foot building, dropped another $50k on a new test bench, and now have 3D laser scanning, rapid prototyping, and an engineer with an MBA in mechanical engineering from MIT on staff.

Do any of you really, honestly think that we did all of that, and spent that kind of money because we dont give a shit about our customers and when their things get done? No, we did it because we build the best high output alternators on the planet, and we're NEVER satisfied with what we have and we're ALWAYS trying to be better and we wont ever stop! We also realized that we cant rely on other people and businesses to have the same desire and relentless pursuit of perfection that we do, so we are bringing all of that capability in house so WE are in control of it.

I promise you, as sure as I'm living and breathing that pisses me off MORE than it does the OP that this isn't done, and anyone who personally knows me knows that. Anyone who thinks otherwise, you have my apologies but you know absolutely nothing about me, about our company, and what we really stand for because what happened here, just doesn't happen here unless it's totally out of our control and it's something we take extremely personal..

This is a great post! This is what should have been posted from the get go.

Randy, try calling Robbie on Monday. He is going to be with family until after the new year but give him a call or text him because he doesn't have internet at his new house.

I would like a Response posted her so I don't misunderstand whats going on. And If my alts will not be finished by January 29. I would like a refund. i don't believe you waited so long on purpose,but I do believe this could of been handled a lot faster. I am tired of calling and dealing with this. i have waited more than long enough. So either refund my money or provide me with what I ordered almost 2 years ago.

I would like a Response posted her so I don't misunderstand whats going on. And If my alts will not be finished by January 29. I would like a refund. i don't believe you waited so long on purpose,but I do believe this could of been handled a lot faster. I am tired of calling and dealing with this. i have waited more than long enough. So either refund my money or provide me with what I ordered almost 2 years ago.

Should have done that a long time ago.

His alternators are done, have been forever.. I've been waiting on other people to get their sh*t done so I can finish his bracket, he's known this.

The ONLY reason this isn't done is because we are waiting on other people. Waiting on our CNC machines because 2 of our machine shops went out of business, waiting to get the vehicle back that we're using so we can finish the bracket, and that's it. Plain and simple..

Stupid question: If his alts are done and have been forever, and you're just waiting to complete the brackets......why not ship the guy his alts (more than likely the most costly part of this transaction), and DC Power contract and pay for someone like tejcurrent, another manufacturer right here on this forum, to build the brackets?

It seems like this would go a long way towards completing the transaction on a pretty timely basis. At the very least, this would put the biggest chunk of change back into the OP's hands by having a tangible product in his possession. Then the only thing left is the bracket, which if another manufacturer such as tejcurrent can't produce on a timely basis, it's less of a refund that would need to be made by DC. And the OP can be on his merry way finding someone who can build a bracket for him. With all of the machine shops in the US, and another manufacturer right here on this forum whose explicit business is building alt brackets, I can't believe this isn't something that could have been completed at least since the start of this thread.....much less nearly 2 years.

I totally agree. Personally if I was a company, I couldn't hold a persons money for two years without product.

There are to many other options to for brackets these days, and 2 years, that's crazy. I couldn't wait that long even if I haven't paid upfront. I don't know how in the world you let them dick you around this long.

I hope this can get settled. I always thought DC was a good company, but regardless, this isn't right.

His alternators are done, have been forever.. I've been waiting on other people to get their sh*t done so I can finish his bracket, he's known this.

The ONLY reason this isn't done is because we are waiting on other people. Waiting on our CNC machines because 2 of our machine shops went out of business, waiting to get the vehicle back that we're using so we can finish the bracket, and that's it. Plain and simple..

Stupid question: If his alts are done and have been forever, and you're just waiting to complete the brackets......why not ship the guy his alts (more than likely the most costly part of this transaction), and DC Power contract and pay for someone like tejcurrent, another manufacturer right here on this forum, to build the brackets?

It seems like this would go a long way towards completing the transaction on a pretty timely basis. At the very least, this would put the biggest chunk of change back into the OP's hands by having a tangible product in his possession. Then the only thing left is the bracket, which if another manufacturer such as tejcurrent can't produce on a timely basis, it's less of a refund that would need to be made by DC. And the OP can be on his merry way finding someone who can build a bracket for him. With all of the machine shops in the US, and another manufacturer right here on this forum whose explicit business is building alt brackets, I can't believe this isn't something that could have been completed at least since the start of this thread.....much less nearly 2 years.

I totally agree. Personally if I was a company, I couldn't hold a persons money for two years without product.

There are to many other options to for brackets these days, and 2 years, that's crazy. I couldn't wait that long even if I haven't paid upfront. I don't know how in the world you let them dick you around this long.

I hope this can get settled. I always thought DC was a good company, but regardless, this isn't right.

Wow, I just spent the past hour reading this whole thread.

So RHoughton1, do you know anything new yet? like this crazy, this isn't just *shit* It doesn't take 2 years for a *shit* to get resolved. I honestly think you have done the right thing by keeping SSA updated on this whole situation. It seems like DC is trying to keep this from the public as much as possible, which I can't blame them, I would too if I took a customers money and never gave them a product after 2 years.

No I have not heard from anyone at DC Power. I have requested DC Power to post the updates here. So I don't misunderstand anything. And I guess no one at Dc Power would like to respond as to what date they can have my order finished?

you need to call in the morning and get your money back. This has got to end man. That was a lot of bullshit and excuses to put up with. If this was a forsale thread the seller (DCpower) would have been banned and run off of any other fourm why is it so diffrent?

:bull:

They might be at CES.

Yeah, they might be there. Its starting to seem like there is always something though. Everytime DC didn't reply for a while, either someone was sick, or someone was waiting on someone else, or they are moving from this place to that place, its just always something that is preventing them to get this man a date or a product.

Although this whole situation is "shitty" ... I think they should just give the OP money back.... It's now gone past the I'll just hang a bit stage... And whenever that product is ready, there will always be that bad taste in his mouth about the situation and he will probably not be happy either way. I understand it's not some small project to just back out of, but I think the OP should work with DC Power and ask for refund and stop asking for status of his order. This is just putting a toll on each party and the end result won't every be that satisfying. At least with a refund of his money he can go to someone else or do something else with that money...

Can someone from DC Power make that happen? Refund this man's money and call it quits for this situation. It seems like there will never be a solid answer since the work is not all apparently being handled by DC Power....

I'm sorry to say but you think DC wants to refund him and be stuck with paper weights? Someone should have gracefully bowed out along time ago. :popcorn:

why would they be stuck with paper weights? Its a few alts and that is what they sell so im sure they would not have trouble moving them.

Although this whole situation is "shitty" ... I think they should just give the OP money back.... It's now gone past the I'll just hang a bit stage... And whenever that product is ready, there will always be that bad taste in his mouth about the situation and he will probably not be happy either way. I understand it's not some small project to just back out of, but I think the OP should work with DC Power and ask for refund and stop asking for status of his order. This is just putting a toll on each party and the end result won't every be that satisfying. At least with a refund of his money he can go to someone else or do something else with that money...

Can someone from DC Power make that happen? Refund this man's money and call it quits for this situation. It seems like there will never be a solid answer since the work is not all apparently being handled by DC Power....

I have asked for my money back to be told the alts are just a week away from being finished.and yes i would like an update.

If you don't want to read about me asking for an update you don't have to come here.Not trying to be a dick.

I ask for an update here as Rob told me he frequents the forums. and somehow when i get an update "I" misunderstand everything so that is why I have asked for the update to be posted here. hell I'll even settle for the pictures I have been promised. Just something to let me know this is being handled.

I don't like to be a nag but this has gone on long enough. The only time I can get any kind of information i have to make several phone calls to get the same answer no its not done but it's close. and I should not have to work twice for my money. I payed for something and I should get what I ordered. I should not have to spend my afternoon calling to see where things are that I ordered.I expected much better service out of DC Power. I ordered alts from them after they started on Steve Meade Designs and I noticed how help full they were to other customers weather they had Dc Power alts or not. and then I ordered mine and here I am almost two years ago with nothing.and Like i said before i don't believe Rob or anyone from Dc Power purposely dropped the ball on this one .All I am asking for is a resolution. Sorry for the rant I'm not trying to be a dickhead I am just trying to get this resolved.

Edited by RHoughton1

A LOT of company owners and such went to CES.. that's most likely why they did not answer you within the time frame of CES going on.