RHoughton1

Can someone from DC Power Contact ME!!!!

Oh wow, i had to sign up for this because i too spent an hour reading this whole thread and i feel like if i had read this i would have thought twice about just ordering a alternator, THE HP SERIES ALSO, because this is crazy!! Im going to call tomorrow about mine because its been about 2 weeks now so now im getting skeptical.

Just so everyone knows what's going on in the "Days of DC Power" this has become... Look, I know this has been blowed WAY the F*ck out of proportion, but honestly people, why do you all insist on throwing gas on a bonfire instead of just letting it play out and let us finish this before hanging us on the cross?? All I will say, is this is going to be one very, very nice setup, and something I am 1000% sure couldn't be bought from ANYWHERE else, get 5 320 amp alts with the finish they have, with the bracket he's getting, let alone getting it for what he paid for it. So then what, I refund his money so he can dump another grand into having someone else do it (something which NOBODY else has even developed)to get something nowhere near the quality?? That just doesn't compute, at least not to me.... Settle down people..

Anyways... Update, if anyone cares...

I made the revisions to the bracket that I needed to in CAD, we had to do this because we're running our new alternators and because they are smaller, as well as the housings being "clocked" different I had to re-arrange everything on the bracket.. So, with me being gone 2 weeks over Christmas, and our waterjet/laser cutter being closed as well to set up their new shop, this now just got finished and I wen't up their today to take them the changes so they could cut it.. The alts are at the powdercoater now that I know I dont have to machine anything on the cases, all of which I told Randy the last time I spoke to him.. And as I recall I told him it would all be done no later than mid- January, which it will. He didn't seem to have a problem with that the last time I called him, which in case if anyone was wondering, I haven't heard from or had any calls from the OP since I called him last.. I will be picking up an engine probably tomorrow so I can make exactly sure the spacing is correct on the bracket, and it's all done.. The only thing I dont recall is what finish to do on the bracket.. Powdercoated or Chrome?? If you read this Randy, either reply here or call me, you have my cell number.. Rob

Just so everyone knows what's going on in the "Days of DC Power" this has become... Look, I know this has been blowed WAY the F*ck out of proportion, but honestly people, why do you all insist on throwing gas on a bonfire instead of just letting it play out and let us finish this before hanging us on the cross?? All I will say, is this is going to be one very, very nice setup, and something I am 1000% sure couldn't be bought from ANYWHERE else, get 5 320 amp alts with the finish they have, with the bracket he's getting, let alone getting it for what he paid for it. So then what, I refund his money so he can dump another grand into having someone else do it (something which NOBODY else has even developed)to get something nowhere near the quality?? That just doesn't compute, at least not to me.... Settle down people..

Anyways... Update, if anyone cares...

I made the revisions to the bracket that I needed to in CAD, we had to do this because we're running our new alternators and because they are smaller, as well as the housings being "clocked" different I had to re-arrange everything on the bracket.. So, with me being gone 2 weeks over Christmas, and our waterjet/laser cutter being closed as well to set up their new shop, this now just got finished and I wen't up their today to take them the changes so they could cut it.. The alts are at the powdercoater now that I know I dont have to machine anything on the cases, all of which I told Randy the last time I spoke to him.. And as I recall I told him it would all be done no later than mid- January, which it will. He didn't seem to have a problem with that the last time I called him, which in case if anyone was wondering, I haven't heard from or had any calls from the OP since I called him last.. I will be picking up an engine probably tomorrow so I can make exactly sure the spacing is correct on the bracket, and it's all done.. The only thing I dont recall is what finish to do on the bracket.. Powdercoated or Chrome?? If you read this Randy, either reply here or call me, you have my cell number.. Rob

Good post, thats what happens when people have one side of the story. Keep doing what your doing, stuff happens and thats life, people just gotta understand that.

Oh wow, i had to sign up for this because i too spent an hour reading this whole thread and i feel like if i had read this i would have thought twice about just ordering a alternator, THE HP SERIES ALSO, because this is crazy!! Im going to call tomorrow about mine because its been about 2 weeks now so now im getting skeptical.

What is your name, and what did you order? Our HP's literally just showed up Friday (a week late thanks to Denso).. Because of the end of year crap that our suppliers go through with inventory etc and running lean (J.I.T. inventory) with us being as busy as we've been, we've been OUT of damn near everything after the Christmas rush..

Don't let this scare you, as what we're doing for the OP here is WAY out of the norm.. We are still shipping about 98% within 48 hours unless we have an issue with one of our components being out... And, like I mentioned above with suppliers running lean, sometimes if we run out of something, they cant back us up. All of which I covered earlier in this topic..

We have almost 800 new units in the shop right now, believe me, we have plenty of product now, finally!!!

If you want to hit me up privately, I'm on AIM (dcpowerrob) or Skype (dc_power_rob) Rob

Edited by DC Power Rob

Regardless of my last post, I am pretty much on side with DC Power and understand shyt happens all the time.. It's just that I have seen similar situations and never get to see many turn out with hapy endings... If you guys are still on the go about the OP's setup/project, then more power to you... It just seems like as though he isn't as excited as he was before... Anyway, I still have my wallet set on an alternator as I know I just need that and nothing special... Keep on truckin'!

Regardless of my last post, I am pretty much on side with DC Power and understand shyt happens all the time.. It's just that I have seen similar situations and never get to see many turn out with hapy endings... If you guys are still on the go about the OP's setup/project, then more power to you...

Trust me, we haven't stopped working on it... And I will say that I am personally very happy with how this turned out from a mechanical standpoint. From an aesthetic standpoint, I think he will be very happy with the custom aspect as the alts should be just stunning if they turn out how our last ones this color did.. I know he's not happy, I dont blame him.. Neither am I, believe me, what none of you know or see, is you've never heard me rip someones ASS up one side and down the other over them not getting their shit done so we can actually finish it. Those of you who know me personally know that I'm hot headed, and trust me, Im not afraid to rip someones (suppliers) head off when they aren't doing their f*cking job.

The little things NONE of you see, is me sitting on my phone all day calling vendors making sure they are getting their shit done, so you all can get your orders. Case in point, our soon to be former machine shop got a $10k PO the ~20th of Dec, I was told point blank "we will order material in the AM, you'll have parts next week" (last week of Dec) I got back on the 4th, had no parts finished and they wouldn't answer the phone.. So, I drive an hour and a half away to find, drumroll, no F'ing parts.. So I ask (yell at) them, just exactly WTF is going on here?? Oh, I forgot to order material... Excuse me?? WTF do you mean you forgot?? I have a $10k PO on your desk, and your holding up a $40k order, plus making about 20 other customers wait, who were PROMISED, BY ME, because YOU promised ME, they would be done.. WTF??? 4 hours wasted, and I still got no F'ing parts..

And you wonder WHY we just bucked up and dropped a quarter million on CNC machines....... Yeah, because we dont care about how long it takes to get things done... If you only knew...

I don't like posting and clogging up the thread between Randy and DC Power, but I'd like to say to those reading this:

This isn't your average order.

Orders like this take time, although I would agree this has taken longer then one's average waiting time.

Anyone that has used DC Power products has loved them.

DC Power is certainly a busy company, no arguing about that, sometimes hard to get a hold of, BUT their products speak for themselves.

If the time ever comes where I need another h/o alt and or dual-alt bracket, I'll be a returning customer.

And lastly, can't wait to see the rest of your build Randy and the electrical part :P

Regardless of my last post, I am pretty much on side with DC Power and understand shyt happens all the time.. It's just that I have seen similar situations and never get to see many turn out with hapy endings... If you guys are still on the go about the OP's setup/project, then more power to you...

Trust me, we haven't stopped working on it... And I will say that I am personally very happy with how this turned out from a mechanical standpoint. From an aesthetic standpoint, I think he will be very happy with the custom aspect as the alts should be just stunning if they turn out how our last ones this color did.. I know he's not happy, I dont blame him.. Neither am I, believe me, what none of you know or see, is you've never heard me rip someones ASS up one side and down the other over them not getting their shit done so we can actually finish it. Those of you who know me personally know that I'm hot headed, and trust me, Im not afraid to rip someones (suppliers) head off when they aren't doing their f*cking job.

The little things NONE of you see, is me sitting on my phone all day calling vendors making sure they are getting their shit done, so you all can get your orders. Case in point, our soon to be former machine shop got a $10k PO the ~20th of Dec, I was told point blank "we will order material in the AM, you'll have parts next week" (last week of Dec) I got back on the 4th, had no parts finished and they wouldn't answer the phone.. So, I drive an hour and a half away to find, drumroll, no F'ing parts.. So I ask (yell at) them, just exactly WTF is going on here?? Oh, I forgot to order material... Excuse me?? WTF do you mean you forgot?? I have a $10k PO on your desk, and your holding up a $40k order, plus making about 20 other customers wait, who were PROMISED, BY ME, because YOU promised ME, they would be done.. WTF??? 4 hours wasted, and I still got no F'ing parts..

And you wonder WHY we just bucked up and dropped a quarter million on CNC machines....... Yeah, because we dont care about how long it takes to get things done... If you only knew...

Hi Rob. I am the guy in PA that you sold an alternator to in November 2010 that didn't fit my vehicle. After numerous delays you said I will have my alternator the second week of January 2011.

After reading this post by you I take it that there is another delay. Ugh...so frustrating.

I am remaining patient....

I will call you later today, hopefully somebody answers or returns my call.

Just so everyone knows what's going on in the "Days of DC Power" this has become... Look, I know this has been blowed WAY the F*ck out of proportion, but honestly people, why do you all insist on throwing gas on a bonfire instead of just letting it play out and let us finish this before hanging us on the cross??

How you can blow waiting 22 months for an order "way fucking out of proportion" ?

What color? And if black, we can do gloss, matte, semi-gloss, textured or wrinkled... If there's anything else I didnt cover, just let me know.. Rob

I don't like posting and clogging up the thread between Randy and DC Power, but I'd like to say to those reading this:

This isn't your average order.

Orders like this take time, although I would agree this has taken longer then one's average waiting time.

Anyone that has used DC Power products has loved them.

DC Power is certainly a busy company, no arguing about that, sometimes hard to get a hold of, BUT their products speak for themselves.

If the time ever comes where I need another h/o alt and or dual-alt bracket, I'll be a returning customer.

And lastly, can't wait to see the rest of your build Randy and the electrical part :P

We appreciate that Stephan, repeat/referral business is what made us, and what we hope to grow.. Trust me, shit like this pisses me off royally, and it HURTS MY POCKETBOOK!! Anyone think I like that?? No

Hi Rob. I am the guy in PA that you sold an alternator to in November 2010 that didn't fit my vehicle. After numerous delays you said I will have my alternator the second week of January 2011.

After reading this post by you I take it that there is another delay. Ugh...so frustrating.

I am remaining patient....

I will call you later today, hopefully somebody answers or returns my call.

You are one of about 20 people that are EXACTLY why I posted:

"The little things NONE of you see, is me sitting on my phone all day calling vendors making sure they are getting their shit done, so you all can get your orders. Case in point, our soon to be former machine shop got a $10k PO the ~20th of Dec, I was told point blank "we will order material in the AM, you'll have parts next week" (last week of Dec) I got back on the 4th, had no parts finished and they wouldn't answer the phone.. So, I drive an hour and a half away to find, drumroll, no F'ing parts.. So I ask (yell at) them, just exactly WTF is going on here?? Oh, I forgot to order material... Excuse me?? WTF do you mean you forgot?? I have a $10k PO on your desk, and your holding up a $40k order, plus making about 20 other customers wait, who were PROMISED, BY ME, because YOU promised ME, they would be done.. WTF??? 4 hours wasted, and I still got no F'ing parts."

How you can blow waiting 22 months for an order "way pucking out of proportion" ?

Because you dont know all the details.. And in this WHOLE damn thread it's been implied that A)We dont care if/when it gets done (which is total BS) B)Routinely been implied that we (I) avoid talking the OP. When I'm in R&D mode like I am now, the only person who I talk to during the day is my wife if she needs me. I dont even talk to Kyle Dave or Stan most days if I'm busy.. I'm EXTREMELY hard to get ahold of sometimes, that's what we have Dave, Kyle, and Stan for. At first, (iirc) this wasn't exactly a priority to get done by the OP because of his build status, and when it was a priority and we started working on it, our lazy ass fabricators/machinists couldn't get shit done, we had to change direction, I said F it, dropped a huge amount of money in the meantime, and the OP's stuff is almost done...

I'm tired of explaining all of this, over and over and over again and this is the LAST time I say a word in here explaining things, (other than updating) But I swear the next time I see anyone adding their .02 and adding fuel to the fire because they think they have something to input here I will either lock the thread, or I will make it dissappear...

wELL ive been following thread since last year and i have a question, since this guys has 4ALTS from you guys, how long did this take...... http://www.caraudio....-alts-what.html

just copy and paste

If you read that thread, it says 5 months multiple times :Doh:

And as the old Forum rule goes this is between Rob and myself. Please don't come in here asking about other people's Items thanks.

Correction... It was nowhere near 5 months.. It was ordered on 7/27 and shipped 10/19, he was told 3-4 weeks up front, and this was done both while we were moving, AND getting ready for SEMA, and it was a completely custom kit that he knew UP FRONT he was going to wait for. When I built those alts, I stayed until 2:00 in the morning to get them done and they were gone the day after I got the cases back from the powdercoater. So, all of a sudden someone says something and it becomes true, when it's not... When are people going to learn that not everything you read is true or there were other circumstances involved??

Just in case any of you missed the whole point of this thread, one last time so it's crystal clear... If anyone has waited an abnormally long time for something, it's not directly related to US as a company and our ability to get things done. The delays piss us of more than the customers do. Our machine shop that makes our cases is completely incompetent and cant get anything done on time, hence the reason we dropped $250k on our own CNC machines. After we get them, there wont be ANY waiting for things. How hard is that for people to understand??

Very hard Rob since a lot of people in this world dont use common sense or that organ in there head called a brain.

Why even bring up another situation that doesnt even involve you Novek, so full of fail and emotional attachment to nothing that concerns you. :suicide-santa:

Randy, I tried calling you today.. I have some questions for you so please call me tomorrow (Fri 1/14) Rob

hell yea it does, alternators with ghost flames.. cant say ive seen those before