getbent

sefugi schools grasshoper

Im sefugis addopted son so what do you guys think about anouther fathe / son build by the master Gi  

68 members have voted

1. 1. who wants to see this build happen

Just read all 15 pages of this build...and all I can say is, top notch work gentlemen. The attention to detail and the cleanliness and quality of every aspect of this build is amazing. Definitely inspires me to get back to work on my Chevy!

Thanks for the :fing34: !!! We'll be back to work on this shortly and hopefully get into "Phase 2" of this project.

Imports might not be your thing but this is another project we had worked on.

You bastards and your nice weather :P it's a balmy -10F right now with a -30 windchill.

Looking forward to the updates as they come in.

You bastards and your nice weather :P it's a balmy -10F right now with a -30 windchill.

Looking forward to the updates as they come in.

No way I could survive trying to function in that type of weather, 50-55 is cold to me!!! Bring on the 85-90's and then I can get rolling!!!! :wavey5:

Hope to get this thing back together and move on with it...

Just a quick update!! Motor is back in, running great, quick trip around the block (open header) extremely loud. Hopefully will have exhaust before the end of the week and try to get up a few vids. :woot:

thats great news. what was wrong with it?

Any updates? :)

78 here tomorrow, so I know it's warmer down your way.

No more excuses, I wanna see some pics this weekend.

:drink40:

X2 :drink40::popcorn:

Builder handled the motor once we pulled it. Problem with the cam, ate a couple of lifters. I think it was a bad grind, but can't say I never saw it before or after. Grasshopper figured since it needed a new cam he would put in a roller cam.

Any updates? :)

Exhaust was completed and Grasshopper is driving it to put a few miles on it before we move on with the next phase.

Talked to Grasshopper today, first time in a few weeks. About like catching up with my son to do a vid. May catch up with the both of them this weekend. Got my own fish to fry at this point

No promises but I'll try.

Awesome build.

I have a 94 xcab. I too prefered the old school stylings and pulled my motor for a carbed 350 bored .40 over.

Just haven't cleaned up the engine bay to my likings.

Looking forward to reading another 16 pages.

Awesome build.

I have a 94 xcab. I too prefered the old school stylings and pulled my motor for a carbed 350 bored .40 over.

Just haven't cleaned up the engine bay to my likings.

Looking forward to reading another 16 pages.

Grasshopper was originally going with a SB but he got a shot at a 454 block and went with that. He works on the beach so with the weather warming up like it has he has been working 24/7, but he is puttin' back a fund for continuing his project.

Thanks for the post and stay tuned...

Builder handled the motor once we pulled it. Problem with the cam, ate a couple of lifters. I think it was a bad grind, but can't say I never saw it before or after. Grasshopper figured since it needed a new cam he would put in a roller cam.

Zinc in the motor oil today is partly to blame, (the lack of it) Also when starting a motor with a flat tappet for the first time it should be run around 2000 2500 rpm for the first 30 minutes with Break-In Oil Additive. but with a roller cam no such problems

Zinc in the motor oil today is partly to blame, (the lack of it) Also when starting a motor with a flat tappet for the first time it should be run around 2000 2500 rpm for the first 30 minutes with Break-In Oil Additive. but with a roller cam no such problems

That's why we were pretty blown away about this situation, because we added zinc and ran a breakin of 30 minutes @ 2200rpm. Oil pressure looked ggod the whole time, it wasn't till the next day or so and the oil pressure had dropped. Like you said, with the roller it is a done deal. Thanks for the post!

That's why we were pretty blown away about this situation, because we added zinc and ran a breakin of 30 minutes @ 2200rpm. Oil pressure looked ggod the whole time, it wasn't till the next day or so and the oil pressure had dropped. Like you said, with the roller it is a done deal. Thanks for the post!

First time I looked in on this build. No surprise on the quality. You guys are kicking as on this one.

The cam issue seems to be becoming an all to common problem these days. In the last few years I've had at least 3 different guys do motor rebuilds and wond up with the cam being eaten up. They all did proper break in with the "good" break in oil that has the added zinc also. I won't do anything besides a roller from here out, todays cams are straight garbage and need all the help you can give them to hold up.

First time I looked in on this build. No surprise on the quality. You guys are kicking as on this one.

The cam issue seems to be becoming an all to common problem these days. In the last few years I've had at least 3 different guys do motor rebuilds and wond up with the cam being eaten up. They all did proper break in with the "good" break in oil that has the added zinc also. I won't do anything besides a roller from here out, todays cams are straight garbage and need all the help you can give them to hold up.

I saw this same isssue on a Ford motor about 6 months ago, guess this is becoming an issue now. Never had issues like this "back in the day". Roller cam seems to be doing well, course havn't heard much out of Grasshopper lately.

Great build bro :fing34: , love to see trucks upgraded.....

:thanx: Got more in store, but Grasshopper must be doin' the work thing lately.

OK, really gunna need some updates on this.

Grasshoppa must be having to much fun with that rat!

OK, really gunna need some updates on this.

Grasshoppa must be having to much fun with that rat!

First off it's summer and Grasshopper works out on the beach, and this year he has been slamming.

Yes he has been putting a few miles on the rat and doing a little queaking.

But his wife wants some tunes before he goes any deeper with this project.

So we are hooking her up and then it's back to it!

Looking like something strait out of Best in show! Awesome build progress.

Looking like something strait out of Best in show! Awesome build progress.

Thanks!!! Once we get Grasshopper's Tahoe together he plans to get back on this. More to Come!!

Time to start laying plans for the old work trucks interior, gettin some new buckets soon!!! then custom center console time !

Time to start laying plans for the old work trucks interior, gettin some new buckets soon!!! then custom center console time !

:drink40: on the new bucket seats!! Who you gonna get to build that center console??