bigrank916

2002 Mercedes C230 kompressor coupe

Very nice, I almost jumped on one. I miss RWD something serious. I am tuned in for this one.

I am thinking a ZED Kronos and an Icon 10 ported. ;)

:No: This is not fair! That should be MY car!!! lol

Good luck with this, it better look clean or else! :fing23:

Just kidding, beautiful ride which will likely get some beautiful audio considering the owner.

Should be a nice build!! GL with it!

Very nice, I almost jumped on one. I miss RWD something serious. I am tuned in for this one.

I am thinking a ZED Kronos and an Icon 10 ported. ;)

You are in the right direction Aaron! I want a single sub setup and one amp that will power everything, if possible. Probably two though. Definately ported! Maybe an Xcon? Now that will be two amps with an Xcon!

I sure hope you are legally handicapped or else :bull:

No sir i aint! But that damn spot is sure a long ways away from the door to the rockclimbing/gymnasium where my daughter plays volleyball! Kinda odd for a spot there, I guess but...I never left my car...aint towing my shit!:lol:

You guys are always spotting my background stuff! I need to start proofing these pics first! Lol!

That should be a great platform for a great build!!! You gonna use the BRAVOX speakers you were showin' off in this?? Nice!! :fing34:

Nice Benz.

Benz can sound good, and this one is small, so...you don't need a lot of speakers.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

nice pic..... as in one...... as in not enough!!!

we want more, background clues or not, lol

i would love to try it out for a spin, you should swing by, lol

interior pics ftw.. as well as the engine bay.

needs a IAk badge too!

i am hype to your approach on the audio...!

chop

Nice merc but it needs WAAAAAAAY bigger rims ! I vote BBS

:No: This is not fair! That should be MY car!!! lol

Good luck with this, it better look clean or else! :fing23:

Just kidding, beautiful ride which will likely get some beautiful audio considering the owner.

Lol! Ohh, clean is all she deserves! Thanks dude! :fing34:

Should be a nice build!! GL with it!

Thank you!

Nice ride, What did you do with the truck???

Thanks bro. Sold it a little while ago to help out for finances. Had that truck since 2001.

NICE :popcorn:

Gracias.:fing34:

That should be a great platform for a great build!!! You gonna use the BRAVOX speakers you were showin' off in this?? Nice!! :fing34:

Thanks! I will use one of the sets for the rear fill. Ill explain more in the pics...

Nice Benz.

Benz can sound good, and this one is small, so...you don't need a lot of speakers.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I know, I know! Haha! No crazy excessive speakers here. Just loud? Lol.

nice pic..... as in one...... as in not enough!!!

we want more, background clues or not, lol

i would love to try it out for a spin, you should swing by, lol

interior pics ftw.. as well as the engine bay.

needs a IAk badge too!

i am hype to your approach on the audio...!

chop

I know its taken awhile but i got those pics for you Chop. A few of them this time! Of course you can take it for a spin bro. Just keep it under a hundred! :woot:

Nice merc but it needs WAAAAAAAY bigger rims ! I vote BBS

The rims will do for now. But I thought of something with a wide black face maybe...

101_0884.jpg

101_0903.jpg

101_0893.jpg

101_0896.jpg

101_0900.jpg

101_0899.jpg

Ok, so this is what Ive been thinkin in my head. Trying to stay reasonable but still loud as shit. Lol. And sexy!!! Having a hard time keeping the wattage down though! If i can do that, maybe I can get away with the batts only?

Put in one of my old decks with new dash kit

Change front door speakers with 6.5" comp set- Bravox CS60CF???

Change rear speakers which are still located on doors with 5.25" comp set w/o tweet? Bravox CS50D

Would like to use my SAX125.2 for the 6.5s but might use my SAX50.4 for all.

Subs- (2) Icon 10s...w/ the inverted dust caps!!! Or the Xcons in a ten if you want to make me two! :drink40:

Sub amp- AP30001D or SAZ2500D if preoreder is still available...

Enclosure- KhaotiK dual ten ported

XS Power batts up front and in the rear with a DC Power alt.

Sounds like it should be quiet :peepwall: .....uh, I mean quite an install. LOL! I'll be keeping an eye on this one :popcorn:

Ok, so this is what Ive been thinkin in my head. Trying to stay reasonable but still loud as shit. Lol. And sexy!!! Having a hard time keeping the wattage down though! If i can do that, maybe I can get away with the batts only?

Put in one of my old decks with new dash kit

Change front door speakers with 6.5" comp set- Bravox CS60CF???

Change rear speakers which are still located on doors with 5.25" comp set w/o tweet? Bravox CS50D

Would like to use my SAX125.2 for the 6.5s but might use my SAX50.4 for all.

Subs- (2) Icon 10s...w/ the inverted dust caps!!! Or the Xcons in a ten if you want to make me two! :drink40:

Sub amp- AP30001D or SAZ2500D if preoreder is still available...

Enclosure- KhaotiK dual ten ported

XS Power batts up front and in the rear with a DC Power alt.

The car looks great. Just a little info: there are only a few Carbon Fiber Bravox 6.5's left in North America, and we have them listed in the Bravox topic, and the Icon 10's new dust cap is not in just yet.

Really looking forward to this install, as I really do like my little Mazda, I miss my Mercedes bad.

Sounds like it should be quiet :peepwall: .....uh, I mean quite an install. LOL! I'll be keeping an eye on this one :popcorn:

I hoping so!!! Lol! Thanks bro! :fing34:

The car looks great. Just a little info: there are only a few Carbon Fiber Bravox 6.5's left in North America, and we have them listed in the Bravox topic, and the Icon 10's new dust cap is not in just yet.

Really looking forward to this install, as I really do like my little Mazda, I miss my Mercedes bad.

Well, I guess Im going to have to order them as fast as possible! Lol. But really, thanks for letting me know that cause it definately moved up to number one on the priority list now. I know the dust caps arent available yet for the tens but I really want Xcons in the ten much more!!!:roflmao:

I am as well Aaron. This is my first Mercedes but certainly not the last. Im already hooked! Next one just needs a V6 with a little :morepower1: Lol!

From what I understand, some minor work and that engine can have more thrust. I think your model was the last year with the 2.3L. The following years they squeezed down to a 1.8L with the same power but had some issues. I think guys on MBWorld.org were doing pulleys and a few other small things and were well into 200hp.

For me, the thing about the Mercedes was not as a status symbol, but just the feeling of knowing I was in a very safe, well built car that happened to have some crazy cornering limits and decent forward thrust.

Edit: We won't be able to do Xcon 10's unless we magically came up with money to retool the 10" 12-spoke basket to have the clearance.

Edited by denim

From what I understand, some minor work and that engine can have more thrust. I think your model was the last year with the 2.3L. The following years they squeezed down to a 1.8L with the same power but had some issues. I think guys on MBWorld.org were doing pulleys and a few other small things and were well into 200hp.

For me, the thing about the Mercedes was not as a status symbol, but just the feeling of knowing I was in a very safe, well built car that happened to have some crazy cornering limits and decent forward thrust.

Edit: We won't be able to do Xcon 10's unless we magically came up with money to retool the 10" 12-spoke basket to have the clearance.

I will surely look into that site for more info. Not looking to do anything too crazy because I'm going to give it to my daughter when she starts driving. Then its off to the sedan...I think. :)

I knew it from the first test drive. I don't want to sound like an ass but...I get it now. The cornering is phenomenal and its dead silent inside. Plus I feel safe as ever in this. Love German engineering.

I knew the inverted dustcaps for the icon are a lot closer to reality than the 10" xcon! Lol.

I will surely look into that site for more info. Not looking to do anything too crazy because I'm going to give it to my daughter when she starts driving. Then its off to the sedan...I think. :)

I knew it from the first test drive. I don't want to sound like an ass but...I get it now. The cornering is phenomenal and its dead silent inside. Plus I feel safe as ever in this. Love German engineering.

I knew the inverted dustcaps for the icon are a lot closer to reality than the 10" xcon! Lol.

:bigok:

I think kompressors are by far the sexiest looking Mercedes. Definitely a good buy! Tuned in to this one

Cars and systems come and go...well guys, this one is coming back around lol. I never did much to it that I wanted to but after a few years and thousands of miles, i'm ready to really do somethin cool. It isn't worth much these days but still a fun occasional driver. Now it needs some serious beat tho!! 

Not sure of all the components yet as I wanted to get a lot of input from you guys who I consider to know best for me :)

Rough dimensions I'm working within the hatch for an enclosure is about 34W x 22D x 18H. It widens out about a foot more towards the rear. I'm absolutely not opposed to using the entire damn thing either :)  I'm thinking a wedge box with a second face on the front would work best? I plugged in the numbers to the12volt enclosure calc and it gave me about 4cuft to work with. Prob much more if I built the box inside the hatch and remove the spare tire. I've always been a fan of the older BTL and certainly interested in the neo.

I don't think I'll need more than 2k watts on the amp. I bought a Crescendo 1500 for my kid and it seems to work great. The SoundQ 2200 looks like a good value too. I used to look at those Audiopipe 1500s as well a few years ago but I'm not sure if they any good. I'd like to use a n SAZ 1500 but they are kinda pricey. Might be worth the extra coin tho as I've owned several of them before and have no complaints.

The head unit is already decided. I'm picking up a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I've always wanted that HU so I'll get to see how much better it is than all my other ones.

Need to replace the stock door speakers as well. They both are located in the door. One 6.5" up front and one 5.25" in the back. There is a 1" tweet up on the pillar too. Thinking of running an amp to the door speakers? Or run them off the HU? With the amount of low end i'd like to have, I'm sure powering them with an amp would be the best idea. Id rather run passive If I went that route as active was quite a chore last trial run I did with door pods on my chevy truck.

I know getting a HO alty will be kinda tricky since not many guys use Mercedes for a build lol. I used Mechman for my truck and that sucker was awesome. Held voltage on my BTL with 1500 watts at 14.2 easily and only a stock battery. If I could get away with just buying a nice extra batt instead of an alt, I'd like that. We all know you need power to make power tho. This is the only part I had trouble pondering on spending the coin for. I sold my old HO alt quick as it was very commonly used. If a few years go by and I wanna sell this one that I bought, whats the odds someone will even want it? Or someone would even build it?

I think that's about it for now as i haven't done much work today. Spending the last couple days daydreaming about BASS lol. 

Glad to see you back man, tuned in :fing34: