antonmiller

Rear loading wall for a wall

so i was told my wall was too big, lol which it is 16 cubes for 4 12"s, but beyond that, we still get a solid 152 on 1900 watts clamped, looking to gain fairly large numbers (1.5 db) without increasing power and withing 2 weeks lol. but i was told about a rear loading wall, the guy told me that he stumbled across putting a "wall" inside the wall that has around 2-3" of gap between the edges and was at a slight angle, claims to have gained him 8 db (i doubt it, but he has all the equipment to know what he did and how much it gained). what do you guys think of this, all i can think of is that is sounds like a bandpass with some sort of a horn effect to it... im not sure what to think about it, but im going to try it and see what happens, just was wondering if anyone has heard of this, has any pointers to trying this method out? let me know!

Thanks,

Anton Miller

well, u arent gonna gain 8db, lol.. i cant even picture what u are saying.

Anyways, r u sure u are peaking and tuned properly for your current wall?

Can you wire any lower than what u are for a burp? Have u tried?

only thing i can think of right now is put your hands on the wall, around it, and see if u can feel it vibrating of flexing. If it is, Anchor it to the vehicle to reduce flex. It's usually best to do this WHILE building the wall but if u can pull it off now.. it may help.

Also, if u make it pretty stiff, you may need to retune as it may increase your peak...

so i was told my wall was too big, lol which it is 16 cubes for 4 12"s, but beyond that, we still get a solid 152 on 1900 watts clamped, looking to gain fairly large numbers (1.5 db) without increasing power and withing 2 weeks lol. but i was told about a rear loading wall, the guy told me that he stumbled across putting a "wall" inside the wall that has around 2-3" of gap between the edges and was at a slight angle, claims to have gained him 8 db (i doubt it, but he has all the equipment to know what he did and how much it gained). what do you guys think of this, all i can think of is that is sounds like a bandpass with some sort of a horn effect to it... im not sure what to think about it, but im going to try it and see what happens, just was wondering if anyone has heard of this, has any pointers to trying this method out? let me know!

Thanks,

Anton Miller

Rusty at DC told me about the same thing. seemed unbelievable. im sure it depends on the box but i say give it a try. just put the wood in place with some silicone so its easy to pry out if it doesnt work. and of course if it does work, make it permanent with wood glue.

its strong, like chuck norris approved strong lol

but the thing is if i tune higher it loses huge, i havent tuned lower, but its tuned to around 34 hz peaking at 46 hz.

i cant wire lower, and the signal is fairly clean, but we have a total of 2060 watts clamped that we can use for this class.

this rear loading wall is fairly hard ot explain im going to have him draw it up and send me a picture of it. caus eim not sure exactly what he was talking about.

any more tips for gaining? we tried a huge 45 behind the subs and it lost us .8 havent tried smaller yet... tried them in the port corner, but it didnt hurt or gain. kind out of ideas on gaining...

Have you tried dicking around with the things in the car ?

Headrests, visors, vents, glovebox, armrest, seat position ?

In one setup I've seen a 0.3 gain just by taking out the rear headrests. Rear seat down actually hurt the score.

Is the port flared ? Box super smooth on the inside ?

Try that loading wall too. Test different sizes and report back.

Good luck !

gaining tenths on a score is with trial and error ...so if you think something is worth trying ... try , if it works it works , it may look stupid ...if it gets you the win , who cares !

well, i got some more info out of him, he said he used a single layer of 1" mdf and angle iron to attach it to the box, leaving about 2 5/8" on each side of the box, it was attached to the top and bottom of the box. also it was at a slight angle. im trying to get more out of him, like what the size of his box and port was and so one, to see if there is a corelation between gap size and port size or box size. but im going to try this out next week some time (quickest time i can get back tot hte car to work on it) ill let you guys know what it effects and how it effects it.

I've seen people using packing tape to tape their dash and gaining tenths

^^ Smoothing the surfaces in the vehicle.

There are old SPL builds where a guy used ceramic tiles to cover everything in his vehicle but his seats and the windshield, I don't recall his exact numbers but it was amazing for it's time, shattered records then and still beats 95% of people now days.

^^ Smoothing the surfaces in the vehicle.

There are old SPL builds where a guy used ceramic tiles to cover everything in his vehicle but his seats and the windshield, I don't recall his exact numbers but it was amazing for it's time, shattered records then and still beats 95% of people now days.

Like this??

Ola%20Ostlund%201.JPG

Kanons%20bil.JPG

Kanons%20bil%202.JPG

That's her!

Did you ever try it

planns fell through (help never showed up) we are going to try it, but not sure when, finals is over, and upgrading all equiptment to really bring it next year, ill keep this updated when i try it out.