Sign in to follow this  
BASS OUTLAW

How much should i charge?

Ok this might sound retarded.. but seriously...

i dont want to waste my time in a Car that isnt my friends car or so.. and yet get a low charge...

i used to do installs for free.. but nowdays.. its somehow impossible..

any ways...

i will be Installing a JVC HU , JVC CD changer , JVC 6x9's Rear, and a single 10" kenwood Sub..And a For Channel Amp.. in a VW Polo 2002 .. and he said he want to run it free air...

am not sure thats possible.. when there is no trunk to seal it off...his excuse was that he doesnt want to loose any more of his tiny space left behind the rear seat..

am gonna convince him about a tiny Sealed box...

any ways... Average...

how much should i charge him with a clean install.. Including carpeting and all, hidden wires and such...

thanks in Advance... :+1:

installing a HU is normal like 50-80$ i believe and does not included parts needed for install. Running wires for the amp is 50-80$ or more depending on the type of amp(2ch or 4ch, etc.), speakers are 35$-40$, and sub is like a set of speakers so 35$ for them too. Done right I would say 250$ for install but thats store/shop prices. I would probably do it all based on time it takes you. Charge like 50$ an hour. Probably take you 2 to 3 hrs to do it if you run into no big problems.

Yeah thats close to my guess....

thanks for the fast reply man ....

will send Pics when am Done (will be Ghetto in a Civilized way)

Peace

wow i was gonna say like 150 for the whole thing including a box but eh im nice :)

$50 an hour sounds pretty good to me too. I usually only charge a total of about $50 if its one of my friends though.

yeah.. talkin about chargin friends lower than others...the kid is tryin to make friends with me :Doh:

not sure... might only charge him $150 for all...will ask for $200.. then he will argue then we both settle for $150...

yeah.. talkin about chargin friends lower than others...the kid is tryin to make friends with me  :Doh:

not sure... might only charge him $150 for all...will ask for $200.. then he will argue then we both settle for $150...

haha i base it on the length of time i have known the person and how well i know him/her.

well.... for me, i would just charge a flat rate for everybody that you come across so there is no favorites.

wow....im building a box and installing an amp for this guy i used to go to school with for materials + $20 bucks......

business is business and friends are friends and if they want the friend discount then they have to lend the friend hand

take the seats out bish

pull up the carpet

remove the panels

scratch my nuts

get me a beer punk

shine my shoes

bring me your bish

business is business and friends are friends and if they want the friend discount then they have to lend the friend hand

take the seats out bish

pull up the carpet

remove the panels

scratch my nuts

get me a beer punk

shine my shoes

bring me your bish

Yep, very true. That's the way I tackle private installs as well. More often than not people are willing to help. Some people, however, are so useless that having them perform simple tasks would be counter productive. I generally try to gauge this in simple conversation before I start. That way I won't give friendlier prices to someone that's going to be a burden.

My rule of thumb, especially concerning custom work (fiberglassing, fabrication), is my prices are 60% of what the shops will charge. I encourage the client to shop around, get his prices for the work he wants done, and then come back to me. I make a decent amount of money doing something I enjoy doing, and they save themselves a few hundred dollars.

The going rate for labour here is $60...not cheap

i charge $20-25/hr + material cost (i dont ask for the ammount used i ask for w/e the box of screws cost reguardless if there are some left over) if you arent a friend and 15/hr if you are a friend $10 if you help me out and the help was worth while...lol.

free if you are doing something crazy like a friend wants me to do 8 RE 8's for him... only problem he wants htem under his rear seat in a 4dr 1500... wowzers.

thing is having me do stuff is a LOT cheaper than taking it to the local audio shop, their flat rate is $75/hr no matter what they do... getting a CD player installed cost $150-$250 just for instalation....plus little jobs like wiring peoples doors for speakers and all make me money on the side for gas :D