Sign in to follow this  
padoras_box

Ideas for new spring build

Icy_chris and I are going to start on my car in the spring. I want to get some ideas first on what kind equipment I should be looking at. I have included some basic ideas and sizes as well my car and the stuff I know about. If you need more info, icy_chris will know more.

2004 Cavalier.

no big 3 upgrades yet, but I plan on it.

Chris wants to give me kickers, but I said that I want a btl like his, or something simialr, but I dont want anything bigger then 10 inches. All four of my speakers are after-market, but i dont know what they are, i know the front are rockfords, but they were christopher so he would know more

I am taking his old sony deck to replace my stock one. I just want a little power and better sound, not like his car, but something with some female sophistaction but could still shock the hell out of any wanna-be stereo guy.

I was hoping to get my hands on a sundown amp like christophers, he has saz2000, but like i said i dont need one that big.

Just thought i would get some opinions before we start buying anything big.

Thanks guys :gayhaaay1:

Do you have a budget to stay under?

im sorry i know the drill, should have put it, i dont want to spend more then $1200, because i already have speakers and a deck, im really just looking for a small sub and a small amp to run the sub. I really don't want to have to buy a new altenator, but i would like to get a new battery.

If i forgot anything else please tell me, i don't want to turn into one of the annoying people who dont give any good info. :puzzled:

thinking of 2 fi x's 10" on a alpine vpower 500.1 amp witch is stable at 2 ohms so it would be 2 single 4 ohm subs looking for sound quality over spl would these subs sound better than going with just 1 12" fi x ?

will be in recomended sealed boxes from fi's website

my front speakers are rockford punch 5 by 7 120watts 4 ohms

back speakers not worth mentioning they suck

my front speakers are rockford punch 5 by 7 120watts 4 ohms

back speakers not worth mentioning they suck

lol...maybe an icon 10 on a Saz-1000d and a little 4 channel amp for clearer highs.....btw i have some alpine type r 5x7's 100 wrms just thought if you want them pm, me sound good.

Edited by cheese20323

Icy_chris and I are going to start on my car in the spring. I want to get some ideas first on what kind equipment I should be looking at. I have included some basic ideas and sizes as well my car and the stuff I know about. If you need more info, icy_chris will know more.

2004 Cavalier.

no big 3 upgrades yet, but I plan on it.

Chris wants to give me kickers, but I said that I want a btl like his, or something simialr, but I dont want anything bigger then 10 inches. All four of my speakers are after-market, but i dont know what they are, i know the front are rockfords, but they were christopher so he would know more

I am taking his old sony deck to replace my stock one. I just want a little power and better sound, not like his car, but something with some female sophistaction but could still shock the hell out of any wanna-be stereo guy.

I was hoping to get my hands on a sundown amp like christophers, he has saz2000, but like i said i dont need one that big.

Just thought i would get some opinions before we start buying anything big.

Thanks guys :gayhaaay1:

Dang i have been told that to much in my lifetime!!!

Sorry i just couldnt resist!!! I really have nothing relevant to say at this point i am just tired and a little ........ um ill say ready for bed!! And leave it at that!! But good luck with what you do and i hope it goes good!!!

i just christophers bravox speakers grrr shoudl have bought some too...oh well i really want a set now. i cant wait to hear them in action just waiting for the sub, i have to go to havre to pick it up....glad i have citizenship or else that would be a pain in the ass. i can't wait to start mine.

i may have changed my mind i think i want one 12" instead of 2 10" because i heard a friends two 10" kickers and i think that even one 12" sounded better and clearer.. I want sound quality not loud...i don't listen to music that demands loud hits, just want a more clear sounding set-up right now my cavalier is lacking in any "cool" department.

i just christophers bravox speakers grrr shoudl have bought some too...oh well i really want a set now. i cant wait to hear them in action just waiting for the sub, i have to go to havre to pick it up....glad i have citizenship or else that would be a pain in the ass. i can't wait to start mine.

i may have changed my mind i think i want one 12" instead of 2 10" because i heard a friends two 10" kickers and i think that even one 12" sounded better and clearer.. I want sound quality not loud...i don't listen to music that demands loud hits, just want a more clear sounding set-up right now my cavalier is lacking in any "cool" department.

and he ordered two ssa stickers im stealing the black one hehehe

There is Bravox speakers in stock and more on the way. ;)

ya but if i order them i have to pay for them i am thinking of asking for an early birthday present...... :D:P:wub:

My idea : 2 Dcons 10" (ported or sealed) on a Sundown 125.2 and another 125.2 on a set of good comps (Bravox?).

That would be nice. I think it fits the budget.

Just add deadener for the front doors.

My idea : 2 Dcons 10" (ported or sealed) on a Sundown 125.2 and another 125.2 on a set of good comps (Bravox?).

I'm liking this idea! :fing34: Nothing over the top but good solid choices!

I'm liking this idea! :fing34: Nothing over the top but good solid choices!

:drink40:

The DCON(S) would be a great choice! I love mine and will never let it go!

When you said Havre did you mean Havre, Montana? Look up Holdens Hot Wheels.

well i think we are going with sundown amp with subs from the same place(i dont know exact they are presents) and yes i meant havre montana its like four hour drive from where i live. Easy peasy in and out and no one even knows im there.....christophers amp came in yippeeeee..his b-day was yesterday.

But i know that i am getting a nice sony deck, christopher's old one.