cobra93

4- sa-8 enclosure

that zip tie thing is so sweet!

that zip tie thing is so sweet!

Thank you!

Thanks Sir Lance, I'll keep forging ahead.

I should have the subs working this weekend.

Your build is coming along nicely.

I'd love to hear it!

I'm having a hard time finding good resources on pro audio drivers, reviews.

If you have any links/forums, I love to know about them.

After I got the box built I think everyone lost interest in this build, oh well there loss.

Thanks for checking back on my progress.

I foresee panels flapping in the near future

This will be my first taste of sundown sub's, I can't wait.

Then it's on to the front stage, Game On!!

You really just have to look around man. There are tons of choices for pro sound. Enough to give you a head ache looking at them. The biggest problem I had choosing is finding a driver that could play below 100hz and still get loud too. Some brands I would look at are B&C, Eminence, Faitalpro, and on the high end $$ Beyma and 18sound.

What I suggest and what I personally did was start on the lower end like Eminence or Selenium and see if pro drivers are even direction you want to go. You can get a pair of Selenium 6W4P 6" mids and a pair of Selenium ST200 tweeters for like $100 total on parts express. Wont be the best obviously but will give you a good idea of what you are messing with and would still sound pretty good too. Lots of people run them and like them so you can always sell them and get some of the money back to as they are pretty popular on other forums.

I didn't get started until after 12:00 today, but it was a pretty good day.

It may not look like I got allot done, but the SUNDOWN logo took forever to cut out.

I'm happy I decided to redo the suede. It's not perfect, but it turned out not to shabby in my opinion.

I pulled the primed frame out, painted it (2 coats metallic charcoal) and cleared it (3 coats).

It turned out pretty good for a rattle can.

I went to work and got some of my spring clamps, the wind was not going bite me twice while wrapping the box.

Here's the frame. I still need a way to mount a cover panel to it, I'll figure something out.

gallery_11963_485_242150.jpg

A closeup in the sun.

gallery_11963_485_1526625.jpg

Today is my brothers birthday, we're celebrating it tomorrow at our moms.

I think I'll let the adhesive cure until Saturday before I cut the woofer holes and port out.

I am no tailor, but I needed an easy way to cover the ends of the box.

I picked up some stainless screws and finishing washers to do the ends.

The end of the box. I used the old "eyecrometer" (it's in need a caibration by the looks of this pic) on the spacing/line of the screws so don't rip into me too much.

gallery_11963_485_861977.jpg

The SUNDOWN logo without the holes cut out.

gallery_11963_485_1665641.jpg

gallery_11963_485_1747331.jpg

I should have more pics on Saturday.

Edited by cobra93

Thanks Sir Lance, I'll keep forging ahead.

I should have the subs working this weekend.

Your build is coming along nicely.

I'd love to hear it!

I'm having a hard time finding good resources on pro audio drivers, reviews.

If you have any links/forums, I love to know about them.

After I got the box built I think everyone lost interest in this build, oh well there loss.

Thanks for checking back on my progress.

I foresee panels flapping in the near future

This will be my first taste of sundown sub's, I can't wait.

Then it's on to the front stage, Game On!!

You really just have to look around man. There are tons of choices for pro sound. Enough to give you a head ache looking at them. The biggest problem I had choosing is finding a driver that could play below 100hz and still get loud too. Some brands I would look at are B&C, Eminence, Faitalpro, and on the high end $$ Beyma and 18sound.

What I suggest and what I personally did was start on the lower end like Eminence or Selenium and see if pro drivers are even direction you want to go. You can get a pair of Selenium 6W4P 6" mids and a pair of Selenium ST200 tweeters for like $100 total on parts express. Wont be the best obviously but will give you a good idea of what you are messing with and would still sound pretty good too. Lots of people run them and like them so you can always sell them and get some of the money back to as they are pretty popular on other forums.

Thanks Sir Lancelot!! I'd just hate to buy something crap and get a bad perspective of pro audio.

Last night I ran across some videos of the 6W4P selenium's as well as some hertz 6 1/2", I don't remember there name. The 6W4P's are cheap enough to try with a small investment, kind of funny that you mentioned them. I may give them a try to get an idea what pro audio is all about.

B.T.W. you just missed the pics of the recovered box, bad timing, or I'm too slow at typing. :ughdunno:

Logo and paint turned out good bro!

:drink40:

Thanks bro, no I guess you didn't miss the pics, did you. :drink40: :drink40:

That is beautiful, really. Lol

That is beautiful, really. Lol

Than you very much ! :drink40: :drink40:

Any vids coming

I have sort out the amp/electrical problem first. :suicide-santa:

You said that metal work was your trade, and it shows the amp rack looks great!! Thought the cover plate for the fans was a weird trim for the speaker box at first, then I saw the fans mounted, that turned out sweet and will provide great function!! Hope you get the sub-amp straightened out, keep up the great work!! :drink40:

You said that metal work was your trade, and it shows the amp rack looks great!! Thought the cover plate for the fans was a weird trim for the speaker box at first, then I saw the fans mounted, that turned out sweet and will provide great function!! Hope you get the sub-amp straightened out, keep up the great work!! :drink40:

Thanks for the compliment.

I did get the amp running well, I wired the subs wrong.

One of the spiders glue joint-to-frame broke loose yesterday after about 2 songs.

I'm going to do the epoxy thing to strengthen all of them.

I still have to order some grills for the fans.

I was thinking of these>

gallery_11963_485_42885.gif

Very nice work. :)

:drink40: I like, I like

Very nice work. :)

Thank you Sir.

:drink40: I like, I like

Thank you!

I like it as well, but it's now a rolling stereo, err vibrator.

I've toying with the idea of a blow thru in order to reclaim some space.

Nice install! Nice work on the logo

Thanks pipes!

your box looks great. i wish i could create such racks out of metal. are you going to run a dual battery setup now?

your box looks great. i wish i could create such racks out of metal. are you going to run a dual battery setup now?

Thanks, Mtopper!

Not unless I have to.

I am planing to put the best battery I can under the hood for starters.

Looking good. :fing34:

Thank you!

Thanks for the compliment.

I did get the amp running well, I wired the subs wrong.

One of the spiders glue joint-to-frame broke loose yesterday after about 2 songs.

I'm going to do the epoxy thing to strengthen all of them.

I still have to order some grills for the fans.

I was thinking of these>

gallery_11963_485_42885.gif

:fing34: on the amp working!! I like the look of the grills, should be a nice compliment to the face of the enclosure.