I'm still not getting the full output of my sub (BL 12), most likely because of low/bad signals from the LOC crudely tapped into the rear speakers at the moment.

But I would like to get a new head unit that will give me nice clean signals straight from the head unit.

I've narrowed it down to these two (although I'm open for suggestions, like always).

I've read on the Steve Meade Forums that this line of the Pioneer head unit was great.

But the Kenwood seems very similar.

I would like to hear some opinions.

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130P6200BT/Pioneer-DEH-P6200BT.html?tp=5684

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_113KDCX794/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X794.html?tp=5684

from those 2 options... I'd go for the Kenwood... Love pioneer to death(have on in my setup) but the features are on par BUT the Kenwood has a 3-line display... I received my HU from the old lady as a birthday gift but had I been able to give some input it would've been the Pioneer with the 3-line display

Make sure you pick one of these up for the USB input...

41mfFOyt5NL._SS400_.jpg

from those 2 options... I'd go for the Kenwood... Love pioneer to death(have on in my setup) but the features are on par BUT the Kenwood has a 3-line display... I received my HU from the old lady as a birthday gift but had I been able to give some input it would've been the Pioneer with the 3-line display

I actually like the look of the kenwood a lot more.

But I want to keep functionality>looks

hmm, my iPod is jailbroken, not sure how that'll act with the head unit. May just get the aux cable.

41mfFOyt5NL._SS400_.jpg

41mfFOyt5NL._SS400_.jpg

Well, looks like my first response didn't show up :(

I do actually like the look of the Kenwood more too. But I try to keep functionality>looks.

Hmm, my ipod is jailbroken, so, not sure how that will work with the head unit. Would probably just get the aux plugs.

I recommend buying the one that has the features you need or plan on needing. Otherwise they are both quality companys.

i personally love kenwood excelon HUs. higher the pre amp voltate the better IMO

i personally love kenwood excelon HUs. higher the pre amp voltate the better IMO

I'm liking it too.

Just wish the aux wasn't in the back.

I'm liking it too.

Just wish the aux wasn't in the back.

I had the X794, great radio! It's plays and charges Jailbroken iPhones just fine man! Go for it.

And 98% all of high quality radio have the USB and AUX on the rear.

The Kenwood would be my choice as well, though u must consider I have a KDC-X991 and a KDC-X492 so I may be a little biased. The Kenwood's have excellent crossover and EQ controls and the higher voltage pre-outs are great to have as well. Good clean output and the ability to turn off the internal amplifier and dead head it if you plan on using all external amplification is another nice function.

Personally, i think Alpine makes the best Head Units. Unless you're an SQ head and want to go with an old Clarion or Eclipse.

I have the Kenwood you posted. Love mine and it has a shit ton of features. X-overs, timing, 5 band eq, quick search through iPods, direct search, etc... very happy with mine

I would take this one......

Alpine Hu

Reasons why?

I see it has 2 volt pre amps. I was shooting for 4.

There is a reason you have a gain knob on amplifiers. Don't let that steer you away from a HU.

^^^having the gain all the way on an amp doesn't mean its bad....Alpine have always been known for high quality and good sounding hu's