Sign in to follow this  
ulrisa

Don't you just hate local SPL comps?

So I heard there was an SPL competition on campus the other day and I decided to go. I was expecting a termlab setup, but some girl shows up with a scosche meter (max 130 db and not accurate). I was like, sweet this isn't going to measure anything lol. The Xcon's performed nicely, everyone was impressed. A guy with 4 15" rockford fosgate p3's ported in a truck in a box that was almost a wall (not sealed). It sounded nice and everything, but it was not as loud as my car and it barely moved air (I can do a hairtrick lol). He even admitted mine was better, yet he won the trophy. Not a big deal, I just don't see the point of having a competition that isn't properly set up. Maybe I'll help them next year.

I do have to say though, I still had fun. I love giving people demos, and everyone was shocked with what the Xcon's can do. Hopefully some more people will be getting SSA subs now and XS batts lol (I don't have one, but they all thought optimas were the best). The best candidate was my physics TA, lol. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (Bass Version) actually popped my B pillar cover off with the lows. It's fun to show those people who just bump around campus with the windows down what a real system sounds like lol (sounds like I'm a dick about it but I'm not, I just point them in the right direction).

I have some pictures of some of the modified cars, there were actually some cool ones. I'll post some if there is any interest.

if she or whoever wants to run those shows needs an actual accurate pressure meter, either you or have them contact me. PM me if serious.

Well he had more subs, that makes it better right? LOL. JK

Sounds like you need to help them get a clue. (and a real meter)

i would love to go to a comp. even if it is like that. i have to drive for days to get anywhere near one.. pics. would be sweet! videos??

if she or whoever wants to run those shows needs an actual accurate pressure meter, either you or have them contact me. PM me if serious.

I actually will probably be buying one from you next summer. I plan on starting the car audio club and doing some real comps! :)

Well he had more subs, that makes it better right? LOL. JK

Sounds like you need to help them get a clue. (and a real meter)

Yeah I know lol. It was pretty stupid. Hopefully I can get this stuff organized up here lol.

i would love to go to a comp. even if it is like that. i have to drive for days to get anywhere near one.. pics. would be sweet! videos??

That's too bad! There aren't many in Maine, but even the crappy ones can be fun lol. I'll get some pics up soon, I need to get my camera. I didn't take videos because my car was the only one really bumping and I'll get some more vids of that later.

One other funny thing that happened was this guy with a neon that thought he had the loudest setup on Earth. He said his Pioneer "Comp" amp (could've been) put out 4000 watts but he was putting out 14000 LOL. I tried SOOO hard not to laugh, I was just like "I really think you should hear my car". He said I was ONLY running 3500 watts, lol. He sat in my car for 10 seconds and bailed out lol, he said I should "turn it down" as advice for my set up. Great advice for SPL comps right? haha

Ok here are some pics. I didn't get many of the cars, because I did demo after demo for a lot of it lol.

gallery_10073_486_36978.jpg

gallery_10073_486_214610.jpg

This was just a cool car. I've never seen anything like it.

This car was just like the one from Dukes of Hazard

gallery_10073_486_104572.jpg

Badass Rockford punch amps.

gallery_10073_486_104564.jpg

Punch Classics.

gallery_10073_486_237048.jpg

gallery_10073_486_44664.jpg

I really liked this car. I'm not usually a fan of Grand Am's, but this guy did a great job with the interior.

gallery_10073_486_186801.jpg

gallery_10073_486_189522.jpg

gallery_10073_486_166002.jpg

gallery_10073_486_20157.jpg

gallery_10073_486_17393.jpg

This is the huge clip that the Xcon's somehow vibrated out of the b pillar lol.

gallery_10073_486_125025.jpg

gallery_10073_486_179538.jpg

I can't remember if I posted a trunk pic or not. This is my full trunk haha. I wish I could organize it a little bit, but this actually works really well.

The props in the Grand Am are badass!!

:drink40: :drink40:

The old Human Reign amps would have been sweet in there.

gallery_10073_486_166002.jpg

Excellent point bromo. But the real ones cost more then that car.

I was showing off your meter at a show today to the local shop, they really want one....bad!

that's why i only got to sanctioned SPL comps

I was showing off your meter at a show today to the local shop, they really want one....bad!

We still have plenty in stock...

I just hope we don't run out within the next few weeks though...

Company is closed until mid October. On vacation :)

I, on the other hand, will not be on vacation for another 5 months...