pitbull239

remote wire question?

when hooking up mulitiple amps would you run just 1 strand of remote wire to the first amp and then cut a second strand and connect both amps with the 2nd peice of remote wire? or would you run separate strands from the headunit to every amp?

you might need a relay pulling too much current from the HU.

when hooking up mulitiple amps would you run just 1 strand of remote wire to the first amp and then cut a second strand and connect both amps with the 2nd peice of remote wire? or would you run separate strands from the headunit to every amp?

You could do it a few ways, its up to you. Usually I do one remote wire to each amp but soon I will try using a relay and just hooking my remote up through that.

I'd just do it like you said, wire to wire to wire. if you're wiring multiple amps (3+) i'd run a relay. but it really depends on your head unit.

I'd just do it like you said, wire to wire to wire. if you're wiring multiple amps (3+) i'd run a relay. but it really depends on your head unit.

so if your just running 2 amps you would just run them with 2 separate wires?

No, just link from amp A's remote wire to amp B's remote wire.

I am running (1) REM wire from H/U to my Master SAZ-3500 then ran a REM wire from my Master SAZ-3500 to my Slave SAZ-3500

i like to use a relay, remote wire from HU to pin 86/ connect 12v to pin 87/ gound to pin 85/ then run sepreat wires to each amp from pin 30. I find this works pretty well.

Just remember, if you wire your HU directly to a 30 amp Bosch type relay it pulls 150+ ma continous, which can be near max for some HU remote voltage levels and is also normally much more current than what is required to turn on several amplifiers.

Food for thought.

Better off to get a smaller 5 amp or so relay with a primary coil 150-200+ ohms....

Check the voltage at the amps with a dmm at remote connection. It should be the same as the amp is getting if not I would use a relay instead of burning the amps remote relays up. :eek5wavey:

you def don't need a relay to power up multiple amps. just jump them...

My past experience says you shouldnt but could get expensive if you dont. Thats why you use dmm"s to check voltage.

i like to use a relay, remote wire from HU to pin 86/ connect 12v to pin 87/ gound to pin 85/ then run sepreat wires to each amp from pin 30. I find this works pretty well.

Well said be safe.

you def don't need a relay to power up multiple amps. just jump them...

Until you burn up a relay in one of the amps. Its happened to me it depends on the brand of amps.

That were a good dmm comes into play.

Ive never had an issue hooking many amps together (hundreds of amp installs). I don't see why the voltage would drop from amp to amp to amp to the point where one amp wouldnt turn on or worse, fry a circuit. maybe you were doing something else wrong?

run just 1 strand of remote wire to the first amp and then cut a second strand and connect both amps with the 2nd peice of remote wire

id do it that way but more than 2 amps and id run a relay

run just 1 strand of remote wire to the first amp and then cut a second strand and connect both amps with the 2nd peice of remote wire

id do it that way but more than 2 amps and id run a relay

^ x2

if you are using a relay here is a diagram and you should ask your h/u manufacture how many amps or mA your h/u remote can support!

relay15a.gif