ANT LAY

Problems with alternator whine after new h/u

I installed my kenwood kdc x794 in my 05 yukon with factory bose system so I had to use the metra gmos 04 adapter to keep chimes and factory amp untill I get money go upgrade all components, also I installed the metra aswc and now when the radio is on but turned all the way down I get some alternator whine out of only one speaker and I never had the whine before the gmos04.... I've took it apart twice and re wired and still can't get rid of it.......help please

I'm not saying that's the cause, it's just something to check with a different ground, but since you have the whine in only one speaker, try this, do you have another speaker laying around? If so, try hooking it up using the leads from the new hu on the speaker where u have the noise.

Ok thanks ill try the ground first...where might there be a alternative ground in the dash area?

Factory grounds are always crap, make a new one.

Factory grounds are always crap, make a new one.

Would I be better to go straight to the battery or try to find somewhere behind the h/u

If you have the wire go for it, it's a guaranteed good ground.

Ok so I got home ran ground from battery and still had the whine....im beginning to think that its definitely the metra interface because it is also is causing my warning systems to go crazy when its hooked up...un hook it and turn key off and back and its all good....also when the chimes go off for door it crackles and pops...im lost! The only other change I've made to truck is big 3 so far and if it did whine then I don't remember it...any ideas besides get another interface?

things is, speaker there maybe grounded, or touch to the high current wire, to try if these is the problem, exchange it to another speaker that work good (to the other channel maybe)l, if it still there, the wiring to that point is the problem, if its move to the other, the speaker out is the problem.

Edited by jonemsce

Well that's one thing I forgot to mention...its not just one speaker it's at least toi if not all of them...it seems to br varible which is the reason im thinking the interface

I thought it was only one until I started listening closer, im lost I've tore apart and re wired like 4 times and still have the same problem, I read somewhere else that it could be a sign of my alternator going out?... the guy that owned it before me had the same problem with double din kenwood, he just ignored it..but he had a different interface

What kind of car do you have? Redo your headunit grounding and any other grounding you did, just because it may look like a good ground it may not be? Did you get a new headunit with a higher pre-out voltage, if so turn your amp gain down some? Any whining 9 times out of 10 is a grounding problem if you ruled out amps, speaker, wiring and headunit itself?

What kind of car do you have? Redo your headunit grounding and any other grounding you did, just because it may look like a good ground it may not be? Did you get a new headunit with a higher pre-out voltage, if so turn your amp gain down some? Any whining 9 times out of 10 is a grounding problem if you ruled out amps, speaker, wiring and headunit itself?

Its a 05 yukon and the only ting I've changed is the headunit, and it does have stronger preamps, I can't adjust the gain because its the factory bose amp and speakers but I did try grounding it straight to the battery and completely bypassing the factory ground with 16 ga wire and its still there, I even unhooked all of the big 3 and reground it to a (seemingly) better spot, and that did nothing, if there is anything im missing let me know and ill check it.