j-roadtatts

review of DC Powers customer service

The thread is to commemorate DC Power for standing behind thier product and honoring my warranty. DC Power makes a top notch product, and has good communication with thier customers.

My story: I ordered and installed my 250xp alternator in march of this year. The bracket fit perfect and the wiring was a breeze thanks to the correct plug installed on the alt. No wiring adapter which is good in my book, because every extra connection is just one more place for a problems to occur. The belt that was included was the wrong size and one of the bolts was the wrong thread pitch and alittle on the short side. NEITHER wrong part was a big deal as I could get the correct parts locally and I also informed DC Power of the things I though needed changed for future kits.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago: I drive ALOT, I put a lot of miles on a car. I had put close to 15,000 miles on the alt since installed. The belt started to squeal when I started the car, which I can't stand. SO I went and bought a new belt and went to install it, and found the case had broke around the mounting ear. I swapped in my oem alternator and called DC to see what it was going to take to get it serviced. I was asked to return the alternator for a new case and bearing. I was unsure if the warranty would cover this, and couldn't be told a definite answer over the phone without them having the alternator to inspect.

I am VERY PLEASED to say that DC Power reconized that the broken case was not from abuse and warrantied my alternator.

So thanks again, Rob, Kyle, and Dave.

AS anyone here on SSA knows I talk VERY highly of and recommend DC Power to everybody and will continue to do so.

:drink40: :drink40:

Nice to hear j-road

DC's customer service has definitely improved for me ever since they joined the SSA forum. There a very busy company and sometimes takes them a while to answer emails, and catching them on the phone I've read is hit or miss.

First time I called, Kyle answered and I ordered my alt in 5 minutes. Later when I received my invoice, I noticed my address was incorrect, I sent Kyle a PM on here and literally a minute later I had a response with a new invoice and address correction.

So far in my CS experience I've been very happy! Once I receive my alt and it's installed I'll have a nice review on their product!

:morepower1:

DC's customer service has definitely improved for me ever since they joined the SSA forum. There a very busy company and sometimes takes them a while to answer emails, and catching them on the phone I've read is hit or miss.

First time I called, Kyle answered and I ordered my alt in 5 minutes. Later when I received my invoice, I noticed my address was incorrect, I sent Kyle a PM on here and literally a minute later I had a response with a new invoice and address correction.

So far in my CS experience I've been very happy! Once I receive my alt and it's installed I'll have a nice review on their product!

:morepower1:

Thank you for the kind words Stefan.. :) Just FYI Stefan, i should be picking up the frames for your alternator from the anodizer today. They were supposed to have been done last Thursday, but, since I had them do a quote for something else they held up the ENTIRE order until they got the quote done instead of running the parts which held us up.. Here's a pic of one that's not anodized for you..

DCJ_XP_Front.jpg

sweet, thanks for the update. Powder-coat or not, these alts are simply machined beauty. :drink40:

The thread is to commemorate DC Power for standing behind thier product and honoring my warranty. DC Power makes a top notch product, and has good communication with thier customers.

My story: I ordered and installed my 250xp alternator in march of this year. The bracket fit perfect and the wiring was a breeze thanks to the correct plug installed on the alt. No wiring adapter which is good in my book, because every extra connection is just one more place for a problems to occur. The belt that was included was the wrong size and one of the bolts was the wrong thread pitch and alittle on the short side. NEITHER wrong part was a big deal as I could get the correct parts locally and I also informed DC Power of the things I though needed changed for future kits.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago: I drive ALOT, I put a lot of miles on a car. I had put close to 15,000 miles on the alt since installed. The belt started to squeal when I started the car, which I can't stand. SO I went and bought a new belt and went to install it, and found the case had broke around the mounting ear. I swapped in my oem alternator and called DC to see what it was going to take to get it serviced. I was asked to return the alternator for a new case and bearing. I was unsure if the warranty would cover this, and couldn't be told a definite answer over the phone without them having the alternator to inspect.

I am VERY PLEASED to say that DC Power reconized that the broken case was not from abuse and warrantied my alternator.

Dc Power FTW, Just hope that don't happen in an 00-05 Caddi deville, cost me 400.00 and some change to have it installed on top the 700.00 for the alt, and trust me this is not a DIY job on this vehicle. DC power is solid, 12.5 - 13.3v SAZ-4500d wired @ 1ohm, music small yellow top and hc2400 at 3/4 vol idle, 13.8 dropping to 13.1 with an occasional 12.7 with some throttle full tilt. And as with all alts heat plays a factor and results varied. My ECM liked to play it cold at 15.2v, hot 14.1 - 14.6 idle no volume for reference.

AS anyone here on SSA knows I talk VERY highly of and recommend DC Power to everybody and will continue to do so.

Dc Power FTW, Just hope that don't happen in an 00-05 Caddi deville, cost me 400.00 and some change to have it installed on top the 700.00 for the alt, and trust me this is not a DIY job on this vehicle. DC power is solid, 12.5 - 13.3v SAZ-4500d wired @ 1ohm, music small yellow top and hc2400 at 3/4 vol idle, 13.8 dropping to 13.1 with an occasional 12.7 with some throttle full tilt. And as with all alts heat plays a factor and results varied. My ECM liked to play it cold at 15.2v, hot 14.1 - 14.6 idle no volume for reference.

Dc Power FTW, Just hope that don't happen in an 00-05 Caddi deville, cost me 400.00 and some change to have it installed on top the 700.00 for the alt, and trust me this is not a DIY job on this vehicle. DC power is solid, 12.5 - 13.3v SAZ-4500d wired @ 1ohm, music small yellow top and hc2400 at 3/4 vol idle, 13.8 dropping to 13.1 with an occasional 12.7 with some throttle full tilt. And as with all alts heat plays a factor and results varied. My ECM liked to play it cold at 15.2v, hot 14.1 - 14.6 idle no volume for reference. As far as customer service Rob got me the first time direct fit and answered the phone an understandable 80% of the time.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Ive called them so many times am pretty sure they know my number by now but have never once tried to ignore me and have always been up fount and honest with me unlike some of their competitors that i have bought off of before

Talked to you today bud, I've been on the phone non stop for the past two days. We will have a new phone system in 3 weeks and will be able to have 15 people in a queue until someone answers.. between call after call, shipping, and SEMA coming up in a few weeks it's been hectic. I'm not trying to ignore anyone.. I've just been swamped with calls.

Talked to you today bud, I've been on the phone non stop for the past two days. We will have a new phone system in 3 weeks and will be able to have 15 people in a queue until someone answers.. between call after call, shipping, and SEMA coming up in a few weeks it's been hectic. I'm not trying to ignore anyone.. I've just been swamped with calls.

Just again goes to show that they are about customer service and that they are there to help. Taking time to make sure questions are answered. My 250xp recently broke also, i called it in and they told me that they are getting new casing and that they would also upgrade me back to a 270xp for free. I am very pleased with the customer service they put in and how dedicated they are to fixing problems. 5 stars in my book DC power!

I recently ordered a HP 320 which did not fit after waiting awhile but i have to say that Kyle and Rob called me promptly after i sent the emails showing how it didnt fit and told me that he had to machine a new 270 XP which absoloutly made my day! It is going to take a few weeks but i am willing to wait a few weeks for a xp over the hp. All in all they were willing to make it right and showed great customer communication and im 100% satisfied with DC powers crew