Infinitelybaffled

Low tuning in wall?

If I do not care AT ALL what I do on the meter what would you thing is the lowest you can tune in a wall of 2 18' Nightshade V.2 18's? I LOVE the low lows and moving sheet metal/air. I also have about 20 cubes.... probably more if I push it but I dont want to if I dont have to... Thanks. LMK if I need to add more additional info...

I would say 30hz would be plenty low. There is not much music that plays below that and you box is not going to stop at 30 it would play a little below that.

Treat it like any other box. Low of diminishing returns you will hit quickly so don't buy into any hype. Definitely avoid reading any of krypton's nonsense or if you do just realize he has no idea. :P

I would say 30hz would be plenty low. There is not much music that plays below that and you box is not going to stop at 30 it would play a little below that.

Honestly, I was thinking of stuff from like the 25-26 hz range.... Right now my box is tuned to about 29 hz with one NS. V.2 18 and I still desire a lil more low end output...I love Ed Hicks setup peaks at 155.2 db at 25hz with only 9k watts If I could do a 150 at 25hz I would be sooo fuckin happy. 4th order time?

You are building a box for low hz test tones and you say you have no interest in competing.

I dont get it.

What song plays 25hz?

Honestly, I was thinking of stuff from like the 25-26 hz range.... Right now my box is tuned to about 29 hz with one NS. V.2 18 and I still desire a lil more low end output...I love Ed Hicks setup peaks at 155.2 db at 25hz with only 9k watts If I could do a 150 at 25hz I would be sooo fuckin happy. 4th order time?

ONLY 9k ? WTF?

We build a Standard Cab Ram 1500 with 4 DD 3515" on 3K, that did 154.6 @ 23-29Hz........

You are building a box for low hz test tones and you say you have no interest in competing.

I dont get it.

What song plays 25hz?

White girl chopped and screwed 26hz

Treat it like any other box. Low of diminishing returns you will hit quickly so don't buy into any hype. Definitely avoid reading any of krypton's nonsense or if you do just realize he has no idea. :P

Haha! and yeah I realize that the lower I tune the more output I will lose but the real question is how some people peak soooo low...and still get decent numbers. Hanks truck peaks at 30, Icemans at 27, Hicks at 25 hz and DB don with a small peak of over 157 at 28 hz. Im thinking of going the bandpass route now...

I dont get it.

What song plays 25hz?

White girl chopped and screwed 26hz

My Camaro chopped and screwed 16hz

I dont get it.

What song plays 25hz?

I have 100's of chopped and screwed songs that range from 22 (Even 16 EDIT: NINJA'D by bangin GMC that was the song I was referring to) - 28 hz. and yes I do loveee demoing. a peak of 28 would be optimal imo.

Edited by Infinitelybaffled

Haha! and yeah I realize that the lower I tune the more output I will lose but the real question is how some people peak soooo low...and still get decent numbers. Hanks truck peaks at 30, Icemans at 27, Hicks at 25 hz and DB don with a small peak of over 157 at 28 hz. Im thinking of going the bandpass route now...

Lots of cone and LOTS of power.

Whatever frequency you play in a wall will be balls out loud, OP if you keep your tuning and double cone area and power you will increase output greatly.

ONLY 9k ? WTF?

We build a Standard Cab Ram 1500 with 4 DD 3515" on 3K, that did 154.6 @ 23-29Hz........

Just for you.... haha

147 @30Hz with only 2k

My old Ram

ONLY 9k ? WTF?

Just for you.... haha

ok..... .that's 6 18"s............

Hey thanks guys I guess I have come to the conclusion that I should just keep tuning the same and just double cone area and power and after that think about lowering tuning... Sound about right?

Hey thanks guys I guess I have come to the conclusion that I should just keep tuning the same and just double cone area and power and after that think about lowering tuning... Sound about right?

I'd try a Bandpass personally if I was going to get low again. :)

I'd try a Bandpass personally if I was going to get low again. :)

Although it is 6 18's it is still impressive!...and mad props for getting those numbers on such "little" cone area I would love to have that setup...Since I only have 20 cubes I would have to do a 4th order because of airspace requirements... is that still good for the low lows? Ive been inside a car with a 6th order bandpass with 3 of my subs and it was fuckin awesome and hit the lows exactly how I would want but since space is limited I would have to do this....

If you do a wall i would run a min of 10k, when putting that much work into walling off your ride and only running small power is a waste of time IMHO.

I'm running about 8k in a S-15 ext cab....

So if you wall it get that shit moving with 15k!!!!

Note: i forgot what subs your running lol

If you do a wall i would run a min of 10k, when putting that much work into walling off your ride and only running small power is a waste of time IMHO.

Nightshade V.2's can take a decent amount of power butt idk about that much lol. I would run a SAZ-4500d or equivalent power to each sub If I end up going all out which it a MAJOR possibility.

Nightshade V.2's can take a decent amount of power butt idk about that much lol. I would run a SAZ-4500d or equivalent power to each sub If I end up going all out which it a MAJOR possibility.

Is there a possibility of changing subs?

Like M5 said, you will lose output the lower you keep tuning. More likely to break things, BILTD can attest to this, tuned very low everything flexes even crazier.

Is there a possibility of changing subs?

Yes, I could change subs but I live like 10 mins from sundown so it is very convenient for me to pick up my subs + I already have 1 18. I could do 3 18's but my port would have to be over the subs all the way across which seems a bit unorthodox to me. I could also do 4 15's.... Then it just comes down to the cost of things lol.