porkchop

Chop"s 86' Cutlass

not a huge fan of this type of "donk" car, but this one looks extra clean. Nice work man.

i really, really, really want the bb v8 , however, will ride this out a little longer.... maybe.....

i am rather sure that there are left and right factory alternator brackets, would love to loose my a/c unit and bolt on another alt....

chop

I just took out the smog pump, and put the extra alt there. :drink40:

any pics or further info would be great!

thx

chop

Are you ordering the dust plates on-line? I've been looking everywhere for some locally with no luck.

lil brother found them on universalcarlifts.com for 100 bucks and 35 shipping

hope that will help some...

chop

thanks for the compliments fellars.....

i certainly have several dozen "style" rides that i like....

this one sorta is themed toward my little brother (bear) , he loves this style and slowly building his 77 cougar up real nice....

it has been a learning experiance for sure.....

when i started to look around, i kept open mided, gp is one thing we do alot of , almost daily....

i wanted something that would turn heads when the music was down....

currently, i have only recieved compliments from one shop to the next, stating that they respect me for doing everything right...

and even more so on how solid of a car it is....

real excited about getting the dual alts on there!

chop

Real Fresh Bro :phatyo:

Lookin' good man!

thanks for the compliments fellars.....

i certainly have several dozen "style" rides that i like....

this one sorta is themed toward my little brother (bear) , he loves this style and slowly building his 77 cougar up real nice....

it has been a learning experiance for sure.....

when i started to look around, i kept open mided, gp is one thing we do alot of , almost daily....

i wanted something that would turn heads when the music was down....

currently, i have only recieved compliments from one shop to the next, stating that they respect me for doing everything right...

and even more so on how solid of a car it is....

real excited about getting the dual alts on there!

chop

My motto for my current re-build. and should be the IAK motto.

Loving the car big brotha!

Well this is just about the cheapest way I can think to do it, and keep your AC.

First I removed the smog pump, and replaced it with the factory alternator. Then ran all the factory wiring to it. (it is just running the car)

IMG_20101008_173952-1.jpg

IMG_20101008_174007.jpg

IMG_20101007_211929.jpg

Then I put my juiced up alternator in the factory location while incorporating the big three. (This alternator just charges the batteries in the rear it doesn't have to run the car)

IMG_20101008_173935.jpg

P1020935.jpg

Just one way of doing it, also make sure you can still get it inspected without the smog pump.

thanks for the pics bro....

will look around to see if i can find that bracket....mine is not there......

chop

Paint looks great. Good luck on your build. I personally would have lowered the car 5". ;)

cutlass is in the paint shop.....

but.....

Momma Chop's ride....her new Durango, it is starting to come together nicely.... will post build log in a week or so.....

we had mike throw a bunch of american bass in it and bought chucks sax-50.4 as well as a sae1200d from dbr..... two little t.v.s for the kids and grandbaby....

0 gauge ran through it.... sweet ass install for a grocery getter! FTW

enclosure will be an abc style box.....

chop

Paint looks great. Good luck on your build. I personally would have lowered the car 5". ;)

i will on the next one i build.....

this is just one of many....

nicer than most that i do....

hell, i still have fun running around in the ol dakota..... kimberly says she is going to take it over when she turns 15.....lol

lower, higher....... perhaps i should of forked out the extra cash for bags and had a favorite in both crowds...ftw !!! lol

chop

man......

i almost bought several things for this build..... holding off to ensure the rest of the car was solid, putting audio at #2 .....

now, i am getting nervous about the audio purchases.....

thinking i am going to suspend the install untill i get a solid budget built back up.....

i might install some of my current stuff until my piggy bank starts filling back up....

i have a two builds i am doing outside of the cutlass, as well as a complete remodel of our home.....

i want to insure i finish all of the stuff i have going currently before i start any more projects.....

keep a eye out, i might be able to slip a few upgrades in, but a full build might be a bit.....

chop

Boy dude, you got too much going on. :P As much as I would like to see some kewl audio stuff going on in a few weeks, I would agree that it would be best to maybe hold off a little and get some of the other stuff done, and the way unexpected things seem to like to drop on people around here I think making sure your piggy bank is a bit fatter before going for it is a very good idea as well.

Still can't wait to see what you end up doing with the car AND definitely still looking forward to next month if you can still make it.

the cutlass is back from the paint shop,

now boasting 9 coats of clear and enough metal flake in it, that you could justify taking it, (the paint job), to the recycle yard for scrap , lol

i was insructed to give it about 60 days or so and then we will bring her back to get a good buff and wax job.....then it should be crazy...

they, (the fellars at the paint shop), took to me real quick like, really digging my approach with IAK, encouraging me to put my nick name on the trunk, but as i explained to them,

i gotta keep cost down however i can, right now, i just don't see it happening, so, they did it for me any way, no charge! too dam cool of them! Thanks Lee!!!

so, it now says pork chop on the rear rally stripes.

the story is on the paint.... if you was curious...

they are the original owners and painters of this car....

the kid who bought it from them, buffed it out way to soon...leaving swirl marks everywhere.....probably why i got the car as cheap as i did...

looked great dusty, lol, but cleaned up, it is so glassy already that the swirls really stood out.

any way i bought it from him and took it back to them, they were heartbroken to see it....

now, after they wet sanded it, cleared it, wet sanded it, cleared it, etc..... it is crazy wet for sure, they added the extra metal flake,(silver), and there is already rainbow in it......

it does need buffing, to let it really show it's true quality...... but i will be sure to let this paint cure this time around....

ALTON: worse case senario, the cutlass stays and we bring Samntha's Taurus and Regina's Durango......the women of IAK seem to be fairing quite well with the installs, lol....

so, being the worse case, i think that it still works out just fine....family anf good times.....and some audio to boot....ftw!

the pics for the Durango, as well as a build log should soon be popping up.....

and Samntha is getting her install mic'd today! < Ol' Chop grinning ear to ear saying this lil phrase!

I am a proud Papa!

chop

:peepwall:

small little update for those of you who are keeping an eye on this build.......

just bought the subwoofers for the cutlass today......

can you say two 18" SSA XCON's FTW !!!!

thank you mikey!

chop

:peepwall:

small little update for those of you who are keeping an eye on this build.......

just bought the subwoofers for the cutlass today......

can you say two 18" SSA XCON's FTW !!!!

thank you mikey!

chop

Nice score Mr. Chop. IAK bumpin the SQ woofas. :drink40:

I wanna see pics of that new paint.

i will try to figure out a way to get good pics this weekend for you bro....

camera phone is ftl...

now i got to sell off some audio so i can buy me a amp.....

lmao @ myself....

is one selling his amps to buy subs quite similar to selling a car for some wheels...lol

Chop... No thank you for helpin a bro out I really appreciate it. Glad I could help with the build, looking forward to see where this will be going. I am interested in helping with the box build/design. Or wall or whichever way you decide to go with it. I'm glad to see those sexy woofers will have a great home with great intentions and a good future.

IAK

FTW

Mikey.

Chop... No thank you for helpin a bro out I really appreciate it. Glad I could help with the build, looking forward to see where this will be going. I am interested in helping with the box build/design. Or wall or whichever way you decide to go with it. I'm glad to see those sexy woofers will have a great home with great intentions and a good future.

IAK

FTW

Mikey.

look at dis nga trying to make a mthafka get all teary eyed.....lol

i got your back bro, we family!!!!

chop

Thinkin bout that iak tat more and more!! Haha I'm suposed to work thursday so I might be interested in getting a tat this weekend maybe if the price is right. ftw!