porkchop

Chop"s 86' Cutlass

yes the pic is a crappy cell pic...

yes the font is less than perfect

yes it was free....

i like it , helps me pick out which car is mine in the parking lot....lmao

the 5 foot tall cutlass getting lost at wally word...

Photo10151040_1.jpg

Damn that paint looks sexy. Maybe I could see it in person tomorrow? Haha

Damn she's lookin' sexy chop and I actually like the font they used for your nick name. I'm making plans for the families to get together for some fun after the car show if you're interested, and the invitation goes out to all of the IAK and SSA members who come down.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the XCON's can do after you get it done as well.

Damn she's lookin' sexy chop and I actually like the font they used for your nick name. I'm making plans for the families to get together for some fun after the car show if you're interested, and the invitation goes out to all of the IAK and SSA members who come down.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the XCON's can do after you get it done as well.

right on bro!!

we are all about it for sure!

i was going to go look at the cutlass for a bit this evening.... perhaps tear out a few things.....take some measurements

but, currently, the keys are mia!!!!

fail!!!!

so, for now, i am going to just pretend i know where they are and wait to find that place....

i checked the magnets of the xcons, everything else seems to slide over to them, lol, but no keys there...

chop

:peepwall:

small little update for those of you who are keeping an eye on this build.......

just bought the subwoofers for the cutlass today......

can you say two 18" SSA XCON's FTW !!!!

thank you mikey!

chop

:fing34:

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful...

Not quite as nice as my Saturn, cause when I polish that plastic it shines... lmao!

Seriously though, that car is boner-matic, good call! Can't wait to see the audio!

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful...

Not quite as nice as my Saturn, cause when I polish that plastic it shines... lmao!

Seriously though, that car is boner-matic, good call! Can't wait to see the audio!

thank you sir!

if any one is game for a good laugh at ol' chop...... i got just the stuff......

yup , my middle name just might be 'epic fail' .....lol

seems like i always have a ton of keys...soooooo since i do not drive the cutlass alot just yet....i keep those keys put away....

yeah...you see where this is going.....

i cannot find them anywhere!!!!

going to have to have them re-cut......i know, just as sure as the nose on my face.....the minute the locksmith drives away.....i will find the dang things laying somewhere really simple.

this is the first lifted car we have had..... knowing that the winter adds undue stress to the rims sitting outside.... iwas going to remove them and put my factorys on for the winter.....

so,, imagine me standing there with no keys..... okay, i have a spare jack and remote.... cant access the trunk but i can proceed....

so i thought, lol.......with just a little thought and observation......i see that the typicall car jack fully extends itself before raising my car!!

wow, really, lol......so much for playing with the cutlass this week.....

oh well.... starter is out on the truck ,,,,, i might try that project on for size.....

happy holidays to all

chop

dude i love the car!!!! didnt read any of the thread just saw the first page with pics, lol

dude i love the car!!!! didnt read any of the thread just saw the first page with pics, lol

right on, thanks alot bro....

while your around, we have quite a few builds and alot of cool folks....stick around!! lol

chop

The dealer can cut a key with the vin number.

the lock smiths around here carry that same technology in thier vans.....$45 bucks in your driveway and it gives you two keys..... just kills me to drop that for something so silly...

chop

I'll get some photos of team Flex Issues donk. Riding on 24's sporting 2 18" TSNS on 4k.

I'll get some photos of team Flex Issues donk. Riding on 24's sporting 2 18" TSNS on 4k.

hey , i would like that....

i really dont call mine a donk,

several reasons.... mainly, 22"s are not even considered a big rim around here... almost everyone is on 4's or 6's and then big dogs are all over that...lol

sounds like a serious install!

lots of pics please!

what year/make is it?

Damn bud, that is a clean ride!

thank you bro....

wish we had better pics of it though....

need to get it out and take some better ones with a decent camera.

seems like there is always something better to do, lol

Well this is just about the cheapest way I can think to do it, and keep your AC.

First I removed the smog pump, and replaced it with the factory alternator. Then ran all the factory wiring to it. (it is just running the car)

IMG_20101008_173952-1.jpg

IMG_20101008_174007.jpg

IMG_20101007_211929.jpg

Then I put my juiced up alternator in the factory location while incorporating the big three. (This alternator just charges the batteries in the rear it doesn't have to run the car)

IMG_20101008_173935.jpg

P1020935.jpg

Just one way of doing it, also make sure you can still get it inspected without the smog pump.

Did you make a bracket for the new stock alt location?

And do you think it's the same in a 1985 Delta 88?

And nice ride bro.

And nice ride bro.

negative, there has been no forward progress with the cutlass, i do plan on doing something custom, but it will be mid summer or so.

i have not compared the two.

sorry for the lack of help... have you talked with tejcurrent yet...he surely can give you some info or direction!

lots of folks have pointed me toward the junkyard for a bracket match up journey....

too dam broke as of right now, but i am going to blame it on being to dam cold to go hunting for it! lol

if i come up with any addtional info, i will be sure to pm it to you!

thanks for stopping in.

chop

Well this is just about the cheapest way I can think to do it, and keep your AC.

First I removed the smog pump, and replaced it with the factory alternator. Then ran all the factory wiring to it. (it is just running the car)

IMG_20101008_173952-1.jpg

IMG_20101008_174007.jpg

IMG_20101007_211929.jpg

Then I put my juiced up alternator in the factory location while incorporating the big three. (This alternator just charges the batteries in the rear it doesn't have to run the car)

IMG_20101008_173935.jpg

P1020935.jpg

Just one way of doing it, also make sure you can still get it inspected without the smog pump.

And nice ride bro.

negative, there has been no forward progress with the cutlass, i do plan on doing something custom, but it will be mid summer or so.

i have not compared the two.

sorry for the lack of help... have you talked with tejcurrent yet...he surely can give you some info or direction!

lots of folks have pointed me toward the junkyard for a bracket match up journey....

too dam broke as of right now, but i am going to blame it on being to dam cold to go hunting for it! lol

if i come up with any addtional info, i will be sure to pm it to you!

thanks for stopping in.

chop

Sounds good. Thanks.

And that car Soapbox is talking about is mine. =]

EDIT: it's a 1985 Olds Delta 88 Royal.

Edited by Berto

well then!!!

lets see some pics...build logs.... links to it....

pm me or feel free to post it on our IAKHOP .....

i am sure all of IAk would lobbve to check it out....

i had that exact car before.....

big sweet , interior was soooo dam plush....

big comfy couch!

Now this is a slab!

Those rims are definitely sick with the lift.

Keys are cut!

batteries are going to be available in about a week....

sorta end up getting two...

not that is a bad thing...

in the begging...was just wanting to have one to keep the alarm active....

but with some team networking...i will be able to get the ones i need for the build...!

stage one any way

thanks chuck, david, mom, and mike!

chop