xstingstreetx

From SA-8 to SA-15

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm curious. What is the difference from the SA-8 SA-10 SA-12, and SA-15 they all can produce about the same db 150 ish single sub. I'm wondering because I just bought a SAX-1200D amp and I was going to get the SA-15 but now I'm unsure what to get. I'm looking to move some air.. Thanks in advance.

Good luck.

The SA-8" is the only one different, it has a smaller voice coil and motor. The 10-15's are the same except for cone size, they will move more air and be more loud for that reason.

Again, good luck getting 150+ from a single sub and 1200 watts.

I signed up for the SA15. I'm planning 4 on 2-saz2000's and I don't expect 150's- If I was to get a 150 I would probly crap my shorts. Good Luck with your desicion!

The people you see doing 150db with one sa-12 have a strict SPL setup. They run a lot of power for a burp. You are not going to get it out of a daily setup. Only a strict SPL application. Don't get me wrong, an sa-15/12 will get loud but, you have to set it up right to get that loud.

Another thing, if you in search of big numbers form single subs, you need to be worrying much less on the woofer used and spend all your time working on the installation itself. The equipment used only accounts for 10% of a system.

I understand all of this. As far as the burbing goes, I seen them on Jacobs youtube channel. Being they can all burb to the same I wasnt sure if daily usage would be different (I sure do hope so)? All I'm looking for is flex :)

I understand all of this. As far as the burbing goes, I seen them on Jacobs youtube channel. Being they can all burb to the same I wasnt sure if daily usage would be different (I sure do hope so)? All I'm looking for is flex :)

Numbers are achieved differently.

Flex is a different issue again, the loudest vehicles in the world don't flex.

Correct me if I am wrong but SPL setups tend to be tuned high to acheive higher tones for bigger numbers which won't flex as much. I believe tuning will determine how much flex you actually get. You can have a 160db setup but have little to no flex but you can have an average daily setup that will tear your car apart. Like Duran said, it is all in the install.

For daily the 15 should get louder then an 8 due to cone area alone. Like stated above, you can't compare an spl setup against a daily setup.

If you want loud and some flex get the 15. But no way are you gonna get a 150 out of it in a daily setup. Not even close to a 150.

For a high spl daily setup check out BanginGmc's setup. 2 15's, 2 strapped Sundown 3500's, 5 batteries total, and a HO alt. All in a small Pickup truck and he is doing 153.x or something like that.

That setup to reach those numbers cost more then my setup and Explorer are worth combined. Sealed he did a 150.8 at the windshield..... in a TINY cab. Hope that helps put things into perspective for you.

Under similar conditions all the different SA series subs did NOT hit the same #s on the TL. The spl setups we tested for the different subs were all completely different.

I signed up for the SA15. I'm planning 4 on 2-saz2000's and I don't expect 150's- If I was to get a 150 I would probly crap my shorts. Good Luck with your desicion!

dont cut yourself short, that setup actually could do a 150. Daily, maybe not. But an spl setup, it would absolutely be capable of that