Cthedinger

Audio Wrap vs Second Skin vs Fatmat vs Sound Deadener Showdown vs Edea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCC9CT-qxcc

Watch, rate, subscribe. I will have the second video to the series up tomorrow.

The order in which these companies replied to me email:

Sound Deadener Showdown about 30 minutes after sending my email

Audio Wrap about 45 minutes after sending my email

Raam Audio about an 1.5 hours after sending my email

Second Skin about 8 hours after sending my email

Edead abut 10 hours after sending my email

Who offered to send me a free sample of there product:

Sound Deadener Showdown

Audio Wrap

Raam Audio

Edead

Who actually sent it:

Sound Deadener Showdown

Audio Wrap

Raam Audio

How it was sent:

Sound Deadener Showdown (USPS)

Audio Wrap (UPS)

Raam Audio (USPS)

All who sent it got here on the same day about 4-5 business days after sending my email

Thickest to thinest (as it appears in person not based on specs) and its cost per sq ft (when buying it in the smallest amount they offer it for)

Sound Deadener Showdown $5.30 for .95 sq ft (When you buy 6"x10" sheet/ .425 sq ft)

Audio Wrap $3.51 for 1 sq ft (When you buy 12.5 sq ft)

Raam Audio $2.66 for 1 sq ft (When you buy 37.5 sq ft)

Watch, rate, subscribe. I will have the second video to the series up tomorrow.

Edited by Cthedinger

Don (SDS) actually has B-stock deadener in stock which is 60+ shipping for around 50-60 tiles.

any reason the video is posted twice?

Don (SDS) actually has B-stock deadener in stock which is 60+ shipping for around 50-60 tiles.

Who wants to buy b-stock? I sure don't, it is called b-stock for a reason. But Don does make a great product I will give him that for sure.

I fixed it thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Cthedinger

Who wants to buy b-stock? I sure don't, it is called b-stock for a reason. But Don does make a great product I will give him that for sure.

It's actually b-stock because the tiles were cut as different angles, not 90* like he wanted, and honestly I have some and you can't tell a difference.

It's actually b-stock because the tiles were cut as different angles, not 90* like he wanted, and honestly I have some and you can't tell a difference.

Well if that is all that is wrong with it then it might be worth buying the b-stock, I know when second skin has b-stock they say not to put it upside down (there for something has to be wrong with it more than the sheets just not being exactly 90*)

and the foil was not exactly the thickness he wanted i believe, it's still extremely thick, so thick i could barely cut it with a utility knife.

Well if that is all that is wrong with it then it might be worth buying the b-stock, I know when second skin has b-stock they say not to put it upside down (there for something has to be wrong with it more than the sheets just not being exactly 90*)

You just have to fucking hate on EVERYTHING that doesn't bow down to your little forum.

You just have to pucking hate on EVERYTHING that doesn't bow down to your little forum.

wow you just reminded me of the reason why i don't hang around much on ssa.. how is it showing hate if you are just stating facts.

cthedinger I'm glad you posted this because earlier today I was thinking to myself about how noone had any foil covered CCF.

You just have to pucking hate on EVERYTHING that doesn't bow down to your little forum.

wow you just reminded me of the reason why i don't hang around much on ssa.. how is it showing hate if you are just stating facts.

cthedinger I'm glad you posted this because earlier today I was thinking to myself about how noone had any foil covered CCF.

He is on DSBP too, well, he was :ughdunno:

Here on SSA we will not sugar coat anything, if you have sand in your vagina we will point and laugh not give you a douche to get it out and proceed to kiss your ass. We don't put up with bull shit.

Enough off topic talk, we've thread jacked enough. Drew if you have a problem with Coleman PM him, Blak if you have a problem with Drew PM him, no need to clutter a thread.

He is on DSBP too, well, he was :ughdunno:

Here on SSA we will not sugar coat anything, if you have sand in your vagina we will point and laugh not give you a douche to get it out and proceed to kiss your ass. We don't put up with bull shit.

Enough off topic talk, we've thread jacked enough. Drew if you have a problem with Coleman PM him, Blak if you have a problem with Drew PM him, no need to clutter a thread.

putting it like it is and being an ass or a prick is two different things. It's what I call being immature. What did his comment have at all to do with this topic. I put up with dumbass people all day which is why I don't feel like putting up with people who act like little kids when I get home. You're comment, the way it's phrased, just makes it worse tbh. And in case you didn't notice I actually had something to say that had something to do with this thread and not some random bs just cuz someone has a hair up thier ass. And by all means people can kiss my ass all they want to I'll just kick them in the face and look down on them as they slither away.

What are you talking about? I gave major props to SDS in my vid, and will continue to in the rest. Yes I prefer Audio Wrap, but I have given credit when need it has need to be given. I don't want to have all this bull shit in my review thread, but I need to say that.

well.. we already know fatmat sucks

x2. im reomving about 300 sqft of it as we type....( being replaced with SDS)

To much wining, he acknowledged he prefers a particular brand, but spends the time to reveiw all companies that are willing to send a sample. I look at the willingness of a company to at least send a sample as pride in there product. Thanks for the reveiw and I'll be checking back for more of your findings.

I am glad to see more of these tests/reviews, however I would like to see them done in a more scientific way. I wonder how hard it would be to send samples to a university or tech college to get them to test them? The old wrap a can in deadner is not really enough of a test to see which is a superior product.

I also think it is shitty of second skin which I have in my car to not send you any of their product. Over at SMD they are talking about how the thread will be closed because of second skin being the "official deadner of SMD" which again is shitty.

To much wining, he acknowledged he prefers a particular brand, but spends the time to reveiw all companies that are willing to send a sample. I look at the willingness of a company to at least send a sample as pride in there product. Thanks for the reveiw and I'll be checking back for more of your findings.

You welcome.

I am glad to see more of these tests/reviews, however I would like to see them done in a more scientific way. I wonder how hard it would be to send samples to a university or tech college to get them to test them? The old wrap a can in deadner is not really enough of a test to see which is a superior product.

I also think it is shitty of second skin which I have in my car to not send you any of their product. Over at SMD they are talking about how the thread will be closed because of second skin being the "official deadner of SMD" which again is shitty.

The test is not so easy to do in a scientific way, requires a lot of money in gear (read >$300k) plus some very defined samples that are thin and most importantly a repeatable fixture to hold them in. I have access to the gear that gets used for this any day I like, but the fixture is far from trivial. Discussion is amusing to me either way as it is about diminishing returns. You have to look at the whole package which for a quiet good sounding vehicles includes many more things than just a deadener itself. Panel resonance is NOT your biggest problem in any car audio installation.

I recommend SDS as a company flat out as the hardest part of any effective deadening is the install and so far only Don has time and time again given the right recommendations of how much and where to install the product. That and his product is designed more than adequately for what it is required to do.

These reviews are great and thanks for doing it because it turned me on to some companies that i didn't know about previously. So again thanks :woot:

Did you weigh, or measure the strips you put on? if so what are the numbers?

How accurately were the strips placed on the can, from one to the next? That's kinda' confusing, i don't know how to ask. Did you make some measurements into placing the strips on the can?

Did you weigh, or measure the strips you put on? if so what are the numbers?

How accurately were the strips placed on the can, from one to the next? That's kinda' confusing, i don't know how to ask. Did you make some measurements into placing the strips on the can?

That test is far from being accurately done. Not acceptable in an engineering realm.

I thought it was a pretty good review. Thanks for taking the time to do it and posting it up on here.

As I said to Coleman on CA-F, I am glad he took the time out to share with people his testing, but people need to keep in mind that we do not drive aluminum cars. Coleman fully understands that, but I just wanted to relay it here too. While the can is a nice easy tool to use as an example, people just need to keep in mind the make up of the materials etc. :)

As I said to Coleman on CA-F, I am glad he took the time out to share with people his testing, but people need to keep in mind that we do not drive aluminum cars. Coleman fully understands that, but I just wanted to relay it here too. While the can is a nice easy tool to use as an example, people just need to keep in mind the make up of the materials etc. :)

I think the part of the review of who sent emails faster, amount of product....etc shows how good the companies are....if they actually take care of their customers you know.....