stevemead08

09 silverado crewcab LT IAK worktruck THE REMIX

Sorry Sir, wont happen again!

Heres a glimpse of whats been going on.

first thing i had to do is remove the old Fatmat deadener.

I learned after two doors that using a heatgun is NOT the best way to go, despite what others have said.

fatmat dose not stick that well even though i used a heatgun to install it. I found the best way was to use a set of Kleins or pliers and just pull slowly downward with steady even pressure. It almost just comes right off. then use mineral spirits and alcohol to clean up the residue.

The passenger side went horrible wrong and the drivers side went very smooth without the heat gun.

Anyhow here is some pics.

012.jpg013.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg

I think my wife deleted the pics of the doors all cleaned up. :suicide-santa:

020.jpg

Butyl rope

021.jpg

CLD tiles

024.jpg

025.jpg

CCF and MLV sheets. The MLV is very heavy. almost reminds my of a refridgerator magnet material.

the SDS line up.022-1.jpg

front passenger door CCF. (kinda looks like Oregon) maybe thats a sign i need to go back home and visit.

028.jpg

029.jpg

Mlv and CCF being glued together and ready to be hung on the door panel.

031-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Lookin' good thus far. I can imagine the removal of that fatmat was a nightmare by the looks of the crap that was left over.

I love me some CARBON FIBER!.

Bravox carbon comps in front and carbon coaxils rear.

035-1.jpg

040.jpg

driver rear door. butyl rope, cld tiles, ccf, and mlv installed041.jpg

Since this is really an entire truch build i figured i would show this also. This is the Driver Information Center or DIC. my truck didnt come with it new so i figured i would add it. its really simple and only costs about 100 bucks. the trucks all have the wiring and data, it just needs the buttons to control it.

monitor tire pressure, eng hours, miles, different adjustable features like headlights, chimes, blah blah blah.

042.jpg

before.

043.jpg

After

Lookin' good thus far. I can imagine the removal of that fatmat was a nightmare by the looks of the crap that was left over.

It was a bitch getting the melted crap off after the heatgun. but if you just peel it off it dosent really leave much behind.

It was a bitch getting the melted crap off after the heatgun. but if you just peel it off it dosent really leave much behind.

I always kinda wondered about that. I have wondered if using an old CO2 fire extinguisher or liquid N or something like that to freeze the deadener would help it come off easier. I never thought the recommendations of using heat was a good idea and it looks like you proved it.

Don at SDS suggested dry ice. lol

where did you put the butyl rope? Just curious....

where did you put the butyl rope? Just curious....

Anyhere two metals meet that could cause a rattle, knock,buzz, viberation.

Like the crash bar inside the doors to the door skin., or here the inner and outer door panels meet.

I would check out the sds website. Don has a better explaination.

Damn bro, someone has been busy!

Shit is looking NICE!

Talk to me, how does the truck sound with all the SDS goodies on there?

Shit is looking NICE!

Ill know better when its complete. only the 4 doors are done now. i just emailed Don about ordering the rest of my gear. had to buy half then, half now. you know? IAK buddy

As soon as the roof, floor, and back wall is done i cant even imagine the sound differance. I can tell you switching to the Bravox in the doors and the SDS treatment is really a world of differance over the RE audio and the fatmat. I still havent installed my my alpine 9887 or a 4 channel amp. i just hooked all 4 doors into my 125.2 just to make sure they worked.

If you have rattles, buzzs, or any viberating panels i would email don and just see what he has to say. IAK you have the truck treated with vib dampener but doing the rest might do you good.

Shit is looking NICE!

Ill know better when its complete. only the 4 doors are done now. i just emailed Don about ordering the rest of my gear. had to buy half then, half now. you know? IAK buddy

As soon as the roof, floor, and back wall is done i cant even imagine the sound differance. I can tell you switching to the Bravox in the doors and the SDS treatment is really a world of differance over the RE audio and the fatmat. I still havent installed my my alpine 9887 or a 4 channel amp. i just hooked all 4 doors into my 125.2 just to make sure they worked.

If you have rattles, buzzs, or any viberating panels i would email don and just see what he has to say. IAK you have the truck treated with vib dampener but doing the rest might do you good.

I hear ya, I just dont know how in the hell I would get the door panel back on if i added another layer of anything. How thick is that MLV?

Shit looks damn good Steve, uh..... Not Steve. I know it was a pain in the ass, but feel sure you will love the results. Such is life, nothing worth having is ever easy.

Keep up the good work bro.

Thanks for the kind words. :drink40:

The MLV comes in 1/8 inch. almost my whole truck will be done in 1/8 mlv and 1/4 ccf

Have a sax50.4 coming now since my 100.4 wont fit where I need it to. Also bought 3 sets of knukonceptz rcas and the alpine/ipod cable.

Looks great. This "work" truck is nicer then my daily driver lol. Nice truck.

Thanks man, yeah it just doubles as my 'work' truck'. its my daily driver, office for work, tow truck, grocery getter..... :dancing: i didnt really want my name in the title. so i wrote it out that way.

Welllll. i got the 50.4 installed. (thanks papachop) aswell as the alpine cda-9887 and 3 new sets of knu RCA cables. $60 bucks bitch! geez.

I guess its been a while since i had an aftermarket HU cus i cant find shit on here. i cant even find the bass/treble settings. :suicide-santa:

ill have some pics in the next few days of the amps and HU. im headed to Austin Tx this weekend so i wont be around.

Welllll. i got the 50.4 installed. (thanks papachop) aswell as the alpine cda-9887 and 3 new sets of knu RCA cables. $60 bucks bitch! geez.

I guess its been a while since i had an aftermarket HU cus i cant find shit on here. i cant even find the bass/treble settings. :suicide-santa:

ill have some pics in the next few days of the amps and HU. im headed to Austin Tx this weekend so i wont be around.

Lol, there is no simple bass and treble setting, do you have the manual? You'll need it

Lol, there is no simple bass and treble setting, do you have the manual? You'll need it

ya i bought it brand new

Even though I can see some ripples in them, they look good. I got tired of the ripples when I did mine a while back, I now sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, and then sand some more. When I get it where I want/like, I use a textured paint from Home Depot to paint them. This textured paint also save a bit on the imperfections as well as blends in w/the rest of the dash.

I had to do some repair work on my A-pillars from previous installs and when I put it back in, it cracked at the seams. I'll redo it when time allows.

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03924.jpg

Keep up the work.

Well ive been slacking a bit on this rebuild and stacking more equipment. some of you know im a recent father so having a newborn takes alot of my time. work is steady and consuming alot of my time also. ( gotta pay the $600 month daycare bill somehow :suicide-santa: ) At any rate. i received the last order of my sound deadener showdown a couple days ago so i found some time today to get some work done.

032.jpgi removed about 75% of the fatmat and replaced with SDS CLD tiles. there is a few places where removing the old mat would be extreamly time consuming, so it stayed.

035.jpg036.jpg

FATMAT FAIL!!!!!!!

034.jpg

CCF fut and shaped for the back wall

MLV roll039-1.jpg

MLV glued to the CCF and ready for the back wall040-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

quick rubdown to clean the surface before the CLD tiles045.jpg

046.jpg