stevemead08

09 silverado crewcab LT IAK worktruck THE REMIX

Very good build!

Its fun having some sound in your work truck. Mine is a rolling office as well!

the Re-RE-Rebuild :fing34:

Actually who did you get to help you with your design i know i have asked before but i cant find it again.

I am just looking to add a external port to my box and dont know how to calculate it- i think it would be alot better than sealed

WAs thinking around tuning it around 37-42 somewhere not sure

wont be able to get exact because of the fiber glass bottom i just know it is about 1.45 after displacement maybe a little more or less

Ill be watching your rebuild you do some great work :peepwall:

I came up with the design, but Mr Alton of IAK did the details.

Hey Steve,

Don't fill bad bro I can only pull a 136.5 sealed on the dash with car running with a single 12 inch sub and 500 rms at 36 hz.... I'm not doing so good either....

On music by the way.. if I burp all I can get is 137.00 sealed on the dash with car on and 37 hz....

OK so i started to redesign my port. Im thinking my low numbers are due to my port being choked up against the back wall of the box. I added six more inches and it seems like it should breath so much better. Its almost done now and should be bumpin and testing by tomorrow. Only need to cut out the holes for the subs but decided to take the wife and baby out for ice cream instead.

OK so i started to redesign my port. Im thinking my low numbers are due to my port being choked up against the back wall of the box. I added six more inches and it seems like it should breath so much better. Its almost done now and should be bumpin and testing by tomorrow. Only need to cut out the holes for the subs but decided to take the wife and baby out for ice cream instead.

mmm, drinking a shake right now. Good man :P

:stfu: LOL jk

Your are a good man for having your prioritys straight. :fing34:

^^^^that's why he is an IAK team member :drink40: Family values are first and foremost :woot:

While I wasn't able to find anything available from seat manufactures, besides a custom seat maybe, I had the thought of a "suspension seat" for your rear seat.

If you were to go with a mesh of some type you could then fire the woofers and/or port up without the seat blocking the air.

I don't know what it would cost to have the stock seat frame rebuilt with cutouts for a mesh insert, but it could be worth looking into, just a thought.

If you were able to move the rear seat forward a couple of inches you could put the port along the back wall of the cab.

These are just a couple of ideas I've had while watching this build.

I have no idea if they are practical without having a truck like yours in front of me to get the wheels turning on a possible solution to you goals.

Edited by cobra93

Have you ever tried the subs forward or down and port to the passenger side and let it load off that wall.

Sorry bro, don't really have any ideas for you, but I am sure you will get it.

Box is done and wired up. Eating dinner now then on to a little meter session.

Box is done and wired up. Eating dinner now then on to a little meter session.

Sweet! I'll be checking back in a few hours :P

Major success! did 140.9 on music in initial testing on drained batteries. SO much louder than before to my ears and up about 4 DBs on the meter.

Major success! did 140.6 on music in initial testing on drained batteries. SO much louder than before to my ears and up about 4 DBs on the meter.

That's a huge jump, 4dbs :D

Well done :drink40:

Thanks. not quite where i want/should be but ill take it. gonna flip my box over tomorow if i have time just to see the gains that could be had. that would make port back under the seat and subs facing down. got a video or two loading right now

Thanks. not quite where i want/should be but ill take it. gonna flip my box over tomorow if i have time just to see the gains that could be had. that would make port back under the seat and subs facing down. got a video or two loading right now

Sounds fun, wish I had a meter to do testing like that. Videos, aw sweet!

Your phone takes some pretty good videos :P

I moved the port out 6 more inches. heres how it looks now. much more room behind the port the breate now.

IMAG0217.jpgIMAG0218.jpg

Your phone takes some pretty good videos :P

Thanks. not too bad for a phone

Looks like the babies are breathing better and being more noisy :woot: Keep it coming bro :drink40:

Awesome!!!

Really glad to see the changes are working!! :dancing::fing34::drink40::rofl2::woot: :woot:

had a few minutes to play with the system a little more and took a few vids. its quite a bit louder than before doing 144s now on music last time i met with BigJon in San Marcos.

Maybe its all the deadener? maybe its just not loud enough but the truck still hardly flexes, which i like. its not to impressive on videos but if you sit in you just might smile a little bit.

4 SA-8s on an SAZ3000d 2.5 cubes @33 hz

th_VIDEO0042.jpg

th_VIDEO0040.jpgth_VIDEO0041.jpg

Looks good man.... Seems to have you smiling which in the end that is allllll thatttt mattterssss right!