stevemead08

09 silverado crewcab LT IAK worktruck THE REMIX

I guess i forgot to take alot of pictures. like of the tiles on the back wall or floor. My truck had quite a bit of dampener on the floor already plus all places where two panels meet it had butyl rope that i added or foam from the factory. FTW! I added tiles to the roof and against Don financial judgement i added mlv and ccf to the roof also. Don explained to me it wouldnt be worth the money as most sound enter the vehical below the roofline, but since i had some extra and i really wanted it done. I did it. Dont tell Don. :peepwall: either i ordered too much mlv/ccf or Don sent too much either way i had extra.

047-1.jpg048.jpg050-1.jpg

i dont even have the truck back together yet but i had to take a quick ride around the block. I have a moderatly loud magnaflow dual exhaust and it resonates pretty loud in the cab so i had to hear the difference. Its so much less audible inside the truck with the windows up and just cruising. All together with shipping my SDS cost me just over $700. it may seem like alot but if my baby can sleep peacfully on a roadtrip or i can take an important business call inside the truck at a commercial construction site without being disturbed it is well worth it to me. I said in the begining that the sound deadener would be exessive. Ill have more pics tomorrow when i start putting it all back together and cleaning up some wiring in the back and installing the XS battery at the back wall.

damn son 700 bucks thats fucking crazy! but im sure its way better.. did you notice your head room with just your front stage being better?

looking good.. cant wait till i get my alarm in and start my stuff.

damn son 700 bucks thats fucking crazy! but im sure its way better.. did you notice your head room with just your front stage being better?

looking good.. cant wait till i get my alarm in and start my stuff.

Yeah i notices lots of things are better. i dont have my amps and batteries back in yet so i dont know how much the music has changed. but its like driving a cadillac now. super quiet and peacfully.

I bet you hate fat mat now. lol

Got your amps in yet?

I do hate CrapMat. i hate it so much i bought porkchop like 50 SDS tiles to replace the fatmat he was installing in mama chops durango. IAK is a family and i dont want my family inhailing tar fumes on a hot day.

No no amps in yet. its hard to find daylight to finish puting all the interior back together. ive been getting off around 5 and its dark when i get home. after this project is finished we wont have work untill around january so i should have some time next week. also still waiting on alton to design my box *wink wink*

well i finally got all the sound deadener showdown installed and the truck back in one piece. Amps are installed and mids/highs working again. still need an enclosure design for the subs but after 2 weeks on zero tunes, im happy to be listening to something. i replaced my battery terminals today also and i am going to install the DEKA 9A31 under the hood along with my factory battery and do the BIG3 again. (had to take all my stuff out for a warrenty issue at the dealer) :peepwall:

Ive decided to stick with my saz3k since im have room again and ill just stash the 1500d for a rainy day.

Everything is looking great so far! :popcorn:

That is an interesting workbench you have there.

A ranger perhaps?

Keep up the good work!

Everything is looking great so far! :popcorn:

That is an interesting workbench you have there.

A ranger perhaps?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man, not quite the front stage you have! :morepower1:

You were very close. my wifes 03 ford escape. (soon to be '11 escape or edge) i cleaned it up before she got back into town.

How do you like the Bravox comps with the truck all hushed up?

More pics? :drink40:

Wait!

I thought you were not Steve Mead. :ughdunno:

Wait!

The bravox speakers sound fantastic! i feel like i need to retune everything now a little, i didnt have time today once i got the amps back in and hooked up it was dark and i had to pick the baby up from daycare. cant really play it loud with an infant present. i took a few pics today but ill take more tomorrow and post em up.

yeah well Not Steve Meade was more confusing than SteveMead. so im back to being me again. untill i get fed up with it again. :WTFBubble:

Wait!

The bravox speakers sound fantastic! i feel like i need to retune everything now a little, i didnt have time today once i got the amps back in and hooked up it was dark and i had to pick the baby up from daycare. cant really play it loud with an infant present. i took a few pics today but ill take more tomorrow and post em up.

yeah well Not Steve Meade was more confusing than SteveMead. so im back to being me again. untill i get fed up with it again. :WTFBubble:

Cool man. Should be a great set up once you get her all tuned up.

I hear ya bro, sucks being dark before you even leave work.

How big is that boy now? Is he eating jar food yet?

Nice to have you back Sir. Do you still have that girls glass eye? lol

Wait!

Cool man. Should be a great set up once you get her all tuned up.

I hear ya bro, sucks being dark before you even leave work.

How big is that boy now? Is he eating jar food yet?

Nice to have you back Sir. Do you still have that girls glass eye? lol

Yeah im exited to get my subs back in and start bumpin again. ive had these sa8s for a year now and only played them maybe a month total.

Baby is 14 pounds now. solid little dude. not jar food yet but almost cereal. he has little biceps already. lol hes 3 month old!!

Alright got a few steps closer to the finish line.

I got my big3 rehooked up as well as the Deka9A31 hooked up under the hood to help out the factory. My truck has two battery trays FTW. I have an XS 1200 that i was gonna run behind the seat ...but it wont fit. :suicide-santa:

Amps are all hooked up and all new Knukonceptz wiring and RCAs ran.

Really the only thing left is an alternator. my factory alt is 180 amps but id like to be safer than sorry.

and building the sub box. I have my cut sheet from Alton(thanks buddy) and the design was JBLcamrys in the begining but he never returned my emails after that :suicide-santa:

Here are some pics.

2.4 cubes @ 33 htz. 41.6 sq/in of port

4_8_ex.png057-1.jpg

018-1.jpg015-2.jpg016-1.jpg014-1.jpg

SDS for kick panels to finish up the deadener installation. Don, I love you man. Truck sounds awsome and superb customer service.056.jpg

And of course one baby pic cus m a proud papa!001-1.jpg

The baby seems to be happy ! nice Papa !!!:dancing:

I can't understand your box design, have to wait for the next pics !:peepwall:

The baby seems to be happy ! nice Papa !!!:dancing:

I can't understand your box design, have to wait for the next pics !:peepwall:

I can understand why. This is going under the back seat of my truck. subs forward/port up. the main body of the box will be under the seat and the port section will be where the middle passengers feet go. i removed the center seatbelt so i dont need foot room. More clear?

Looking great.

wtf! your box is pretty much what i wanted to do and they said it would not work.

Truck looks great, man. Love the color. cant wait to see the box being built!

SDS FTMFW!

wtf! your box is pretty much what i wanted to do and they said it would not work.

Well, maybe mine wont work either. but im gonna try!!!!!

The little man looks very happy with dad's work. :fing34:

The little man looks very happy with dad's work. :fing34:

Ha yeah. too bad he will never really hear it

Looking good!!

Do you have plans for grills on the sa-8's , or just a sixth sense and a quick back hand? :drink40:

I've seen a couple of vids with this type of sub setup, but with aero ports exiting to the sides, it looks like it should hammer!!

Keep it up, you're rounding the last corner.

Edited by cobra93