Sign in to follow this  
An-i-no

Box Impedance Rise.

Ok guys, I was looking into a few stats on bench testing, and noticed that amps wired to ".5 ohms nominal" could see up to 1.5 ohms in reality. So, with that in mind, I read into box rise and all that good stuffs. I was just wondering, If I skip terminals on the box altogether and run wires through a small hole (that would be sealed up after of course) or out through a port would this help at all? Or would the longer length of wire just defeat the purpose? Thanks in advance, as always.

if the terminals have no resistance then it shouldn't matter.

Ok guys, I was looking into a few stats on bench testing, and noticed that amps wired to ".5 ohms nominal" could see up to 1.5 ohms in reality. So, with that in mind, I read into box rise and all that good stuffs. I was just wondering, If I skip terminals on the box altogether and run wires through a small hole (that would be sealed up after of course) or out through a port would this help at all? Or would the longer length of wire just defeat the purpose? Thanks in advance, as always.

Terminals and wire resistance is small compared to your actual impedance.

Are you chasing tenths on a meter ?

No, but I just like to know that everything is being used to it's actual potential. Ive seen some cases where what should be 600rms to each sub is only 3-400

No, but I just like to know that everything is being used to it's actual potential. Ive seen some cases where what should be 600rms to each sub is only 3-400

For a daily driver it doesn't matter.....Once your competing its a different story...

I did a lot of testing on this subject an gained like a .1 on the DMM by skipping the terminals. Box tuning is the only thing that really helped me cut down on box rise. If this is a street box only 1.5 is good. Good luck.

You're worrying about something that you really don't have a lot of control over and is completely normal. Trying to eliminate impedance rise is like trying to keep from being affected by gravity. Physics being what they are make both impossible. The more power you run, the worse you'll make it in a daily driver.

i like to run wire as it is easier and faster to do! but like the other ppl say here it doesn't matter b/c rise will always happen! also heat plays a part in the rise!