Jbabycsx

Rare audio stuff

I'm a bit old school I guess but I enjoy searching the net for old school amps and subs just to check em out. Do any of you have anything old or rare laying around? Not looking to buy, just a few pics and info would be cool.

gallery_3_2_92109.jpg

;)

Cool, I am running a 200a4 on my mids and highs. I like to have at least one old school amp in every system I build. I want to go with a PPI PC400 but I keep getting outbid on them.

Cool, I am running a 200a4 on my mids and highs. I like to have at least one old school amp in every system I build. I want to go with a PPI PC400 but I keep getting outbid on them.

When I was collecting RF's, I kept getting out bid on 200a4's and the like. I need to start to sell off some old equipment soon.

gallery_3_2_92109.jpg

;)

Dog doesn't mind the sweater? lol

That picture is a few years old and it was middle of winter at the time. :)

You getting rid of any of your zed stuff denim?

At the moment, the only thing I could see me selling of the ZED built collection is the Planet Audio p706. Same era as the famed US Acoustics amps. Would be a nice choice for a staggered power 4 channel if 5+6 are not needed. I had it in the wifeys old civic powering the entire car.

The Gladius/BB, Deuce/BB, USA 2075, BOSS REV-665 and soon to be ordered Leviathan will probably never get sold, or only if the end is near. ;)

always wondered about ur dog avatar but now i know how it came about lol

That is Ferdinand, official Mascot of SSA. :)

When I was collecting RF's, I kept getting out bid on 200a4's and the like. I need to start to sell off some old equipment soon.

I just get a kick out of seeing the old amps still bringing good money. Guess it goes to show the quality they brought. I always had a thing for PPI since thats what the older guys had when I was coming up. The chrome PC amps are a thing of beauty. The 200a4 I am using now I picked up for $70 off ebay and its in perfect shape.

Has anyone ever tried out those tube amps that Planet audio put out back in the day? I believe they were built by zed audio also

I just get a kick out of seeing the old amps still bringing good money. Guess it goes to show the quality they brought. I always had a thing for PPI since thats what the older guys had when I was coming up. The chrome PC amps are a thing of beauty. The 200a4 I am using now I picked up for $70 off ebay and its in perfect shape.

I have a 125aII and 250a2 and I had wanted to grab another smaller 2 channel for the tweets, or use the 125aII for tweets and a small mono block from the same era. All just for the fun of wowing people on REALLY low power. :)

Has anyone ever tried out those tube amps that Planet audio put out back in the day? I believe they were built by zed audio also

They fetch mega money. I think a tube is planned for the new zed models. ;)

:orly3:

:thanx:

Zed comin out with another tube?!?!?! I was planning on eventually snatching up one of the old school planet audio or US amps tube amps. But I think I'll just wait on Zed to come out with a new one. Ive seen those Planet audio tube amps sell for big bucks on ebay.

Zed comin out with another tube?!?!?! I was planning on eventually snatching up one of the old school planet audio or US amps tube amps. But I think I'll just wait on Zed to come out with a new one. Ive seen those Planet audio tube amps sell for big bucks on ebay.

Either a full Class-B or a hybrid. I am not sure when it will come out as I know there are other models that are more pressing.

I'll have to snap some pics of my MTX 2300 and 4160 installed in my car and still running strong! I am the second owner on both amps and I have had these for a decade. Can't complain about the output of these amps. I think at this point I have certainly gotten my money's worth. :wub:

Damn, now you have me scouring ebay when I should be working. :P

Tubes in car audio equipment, interesting.

Most of my O/S amps

dscf0031gs9.jpg

Sell me the Orion RED's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got an older Orion 222SX, in decent condition.