So I just bought an Acura RSX-S, im wondering if I should use the bose system or buy a component set.

To being, I have a some nice equipment in my room that I have NOT gotten to use yet..

sax 100.4

saz2500.1D

DD 9515g

DD 9512g

I plan on getting some sort of double din TV with 4-5 volt rca outputs, decent crossover, and decent eq.

I think I'll end up using the 2500 and the 9512g in the hatch.. but as far as my mids/highs.. Im not so sure what to do.

The bose system sounds good, but I think it distorts past half on the volume knob. Maybe I will be able to tune it better with the aftermarket tv? Im not going for super sick SQ and Im not going for rattle my nuts out of my pants either.. (i'd be ashamed to make the interior of this car rattle like my truck does.. lol) I just wanna know if any of you have heard of anyone using the stock bose sound system coupled with an aftermarket sub stage..

Heck no to the Bose, it sounds like junk as do all their systems.

i would switch out the bose b/c you have the 100.4 already!! ;)

also nice car! post a pic here! i would like to see it! and i assume you got a good deal on it!

i would switch out the bose b/c you have the 100.4 already!! ;)

also nice car! post a pic here! i would like to see it! and i assume you got a good deal on it!

Yea, I paid about 2 grand under blue book.

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

What you want for that 100.4? :)

If I sell I will let you know first.. But it would be in the 260-270 range.. it has a fresh board in it (installed by jake himself).. I bought it with the new board, and I have not installed it yet.

Gut the whole thing and put your own stuff in there.. the gear you've got is way better than what's in there.

Bose is a four letter word in circles that actually care about how stuff sounds.

Keep 100.4, order Bravox Carbon's now!

If I had a RSX-S..

Oh man..

You are a lucky man

:D

Upgrade that!

My Maxima has Bose. My previous car had only had 1 set of comps and a cheap deck and sounded better than the bose. But I'm keeping it since it's a lease so I just added a sub.

So I just bought an Acura RSX-S, im wondering if I should use the bose system or buy a component set.

I plan on getting some sort of double din TV with 4-5 volt rca outputs, decent crossover, and decent eq.

I think I'll end up using the 2500 and the 9512g in the hatch.. but as far as my mids/highs.. Im not so sure what to do.

The bose system sounds good, but I think it distorts past half on the volume knob. Maybe I will be able to tune it better with the aftermarket tv? Im not going for super sick SQ and Im not going for rattle my nuts out of my pants either.. (i'd be ashamed to make the interior of this car rattle like my truck does.. lol) I just wanna know if any of you have heard of anyone using the stock bose sound system coupled with an aftermarket sub stage..

Definitely you can add a sub to the Bose.

Depending on how Acura implements the Bose however you may NOT be able to use a DD TV h/u with the Bose. In many cars all the Bose processing is in the amps and then you could be okay unless it is a digital transmission to them, but if it is in the headunit the instant you pull that out all the drivers and wiring will need to be replaced.

Heck no to the Bose, it sounds like junk as do all their systems.

While I don't disagree, from a quality perspective it also sounds better than the majority of systems on this site.

Persoanlly I have heard some Bose setups, and driven some vehicles with Bose stereos, but was not all that impressed. The reason being the accuracy of the sound was never really there for me. It just sounded so.........generic. I mean it was clear, but still felt cheap..........

I do have some ear buds from them that I got NIB out here and they are fuckin nice. They rattle when u shake them (I dont ask why), but sound amazing.

J