HawkEye

How Do You Listen To Your Music?

Hey all. I was just wondering how you guys listen to your music in your ride. Right now I'm using my iPod and a AUX cable. I just started using my iPod. I used to use my flash drive and actually I'm thinking about going back to the flash drive because it's easier to use for me. I personally don't like CD's because you have to take them out and put another one in when you want to listen to something different. So, what do you guys prefer?

My iPod went out a few weeks ago, which is what I was using. So, now CD's have taken over.

Besides that I use the radio occasionally.

Also, post what Headunit you use!!!

I use just CD's, because Apple sucks nuts.

Alpine CDA-9887

I don't like apple computers but I do like iPods. I'm using a Clarion CZ200 head unit. Is there a difference in the sound quality between CD's and other ways of listening to music?

Yeah there is a big difference in sound between burnt cds and store bought original cds (thats why I keep a couple of store bought ones in the car). Im usually a cd and flash drive kinda guy, I use my mp3 only for working out or leisure activities.

Clarion CZ100 at the moment

As long as you use the right MP3 format, a MP3 CD can sound as good as store bought CD. As can iPod's as long as the right format is used.

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

I use MP3's Discs...sometimes iPod through AUX but like CD's...

Pioneer Deck Forgot Model #

I use cd, aux, and radio.

My head unit is a kenwood kcd-138. It was realy cheap($70)and works great eccept the lack of more than one set of RCA's. I plan on geting a new head unit soon because I plan on adding an active front stage.

I just listened to a cd in my deck for the first time in a while. Someone just gave me the original Bloodhound Gang cd "Hooray for Boobies" and it was quite a flashback lol.

Usually I listen to my iPod through the aux cable.

Deck is an Eclipse cd7000.

Nowadays I've been using a portable 80gig hard drive or my zune in an aux cable.

On a pioneer deck.

Radio or CD's, on a stock BMW deck. Sucks balls!! But it gets the job done for now! This is my hopefully next purchase!!Navi Unit

iPod classic through the Sync system in my new truck or Sirius.

CD's or Ipod through my Eclipse CD-7200 MKII.

FM here sucks and don't subscribe to XM or Sirrius.

I swore I'd never buy an IPod. Still haven't, though my lil bro gave me his old Nano. Gotta say, I love the damn thing. Got over 1,000 songs on it, and while I can hear the difference between it and the same songs I have on CD, to me it's not detrimental enough to stop using it. It's simply too damn handy to use, not having to switch CD's constantly, being able to listen to ALL my favorite music anytime I like, unlike the radio. Then, when I'm out of the vehicle working or whatever I can put the earbuds in and listen some more. While I do hate that the music quality isn't as good as it could be, the pros far out weigh the cons to me. With the headunits I have, USB control with the IPod's standard USB cable makes it a walk in the park. Now the only time I pull CD's out is for demoing purposes.

Kenwood KDC-X991 in the Van, KDC-X492 in the Jimmy.

Flash drive + cd's every now and then, going to look into XM or Sirius.

Clarion dxz775usb

I use wave lossless format with my portable HDD on my Pioneer 610BT ... I find that obviously in the car you can't always make out the difference in all formats but why not put the best that your HU can actually read/reproduce.

I use an aux cable to my pioneer 5900ib with my Zune HD 32gb. I can't stand listening to the same music all the time so it's nice to have 3,000 songs on shuffle (though I find the random algorithm can be a bit limited at times). Sound quality is great, can't really tell much of a difference between cd's and my zune, it has a very clean output.

I use a mp3 player called a cowon j3 thrue usb connection works great. Best way i think is getting a portable hard drive at best buy and throwing massive amounts of songs on it cheapest space for your buck and all in one thing not 100thumb drives.

used line in (aux) with my factory radio

now i use cd-ib100ii ipod adapter with my p800prs

i also use radio sometimes (fm)

80gb iPod Classic, rear usb, iPod in the glovebox.

Kenwood KDC-X794

aux. to my POS mp3 player. Have been using CDs mostly, recently.

JVC KD-S100 HU.

Someday ill update my mp3 player and HU...

I listen to music loud most of the time but truly it depends on mood.....

EDIT: Just Read some other posts lol.....

Been using an 8gig thumb drive and Iphone through bluetooth connection on a Sony MEX-BT5700U.