Sign in to follow this  

I am in the market for a double din tv/hu. I want to have full ipod/iphone control, navigation, bluetooth, 4-5V rca outputs and a decent eq / crossover network.

Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT AVIC-Z120BT

Kenwood DNX9960 DNX9960

Out of the two of these, what do you think has a better eq/crossover network?

Also, if you thing there is a better option for a tv/hu, please chime in with your opinion.

I would take this out of all of them....

This!

seems like there's too much BS with all of those add ons.. I can't even get a 7 band graphic eq without the add on.. and i would have to get a add on for bluetooth

You can get the Alpine then get an External EQ if you want but out of those choices I would get pioneer

You can get the Alpine then get an External EQ if you want but out of those choices I would get pioneer

Yea, the pioneer has a very nice interface w/ a very nice gps. It's still lacking on the eq though. But I guess I can't have everything I want lol.. (all in one package at least..) But I'd much rather them take all that eco monitor and music sphere off and add an active crossover network and like a 10 band graphic eq. (similar to the 880, 800, & 990)

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

I'd take the Kenwood. 13 band eq vs. 7 on the pioneer. Plus 90% of the stuff on the pioneer is visual junk. Kenwood has far more functionality.

Edited by Teampapi79

The nav on the Kenwood is also Garmin based, which is real user friendly.

I'd take the Kenwood. 13 band eq vs. 7 on the pioneer. Plus 90% of the stuff on the pioneer is visual junk. Kenwood has far more functionality.

I've never seen a Kenwood in person though. I guess it would be worth a trip to best buy or some place to play with them in person before I buy something off of the internet. Although, the pioneer's seem to be built very well. Alpine needs to stop with all that add on bs.. I mean some stuff add on is understandable (they can only fit so much into the unit), but not every damn thing!

Cant comment on the screens but I only ran pioneer hu's for years. Then I got a kenwood. Haven't looked back since. better eq's, better d/a converter, more xover controls, time alignment, higher preouts, etc....

Cant comment on the screens but I only ran pioneer hu's for years. Then I got a kenwood. Haven't looked back since. better eq's, better d/a converter, more xover controls, time alignment, higher preouts, etc....

You must have never owned a 880/800 PRS...

I have, and in fact, I like my alpine 9887 a lot better.

Not quite what youre trying to say, I know, but just stating.

Edited by dvalue

I have a 9855.. it's functionality is AWESOME! I heard the 9887's aren't tunable unless you use the imprint kit. True? Or not so true?

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent. But the kenwood navi seems a lot better than the pioneer. It also has the "traffic" feature.

I have a 9855.. it's functionality is AWESOME! I heard the 9887's aren't tunable unless you use the imprint kit. True? Or not so true?

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent. But the kenwood navi seems a lot better than the pioneer. It also has the "traffic" feature.

Not true, the Imprint just does an Auto EQ and T/A. I know you know Drew, so I'd be willing to show the features built in to you sometime.

And exactly like I said, the Kenwoods use the Garmin Nav interface.

I can get you a good price on the Kenwood, I think it was you I told that to before.

It's totally personal preference between the 800/880 and 9887.

Not true, the Imprint just does an Auto EQ and T/A. I know you know Drew, so I'd be willing to show the features built in to you sometime.

And exactly like I said, the Kenwoods use the Garmin Nav interface.

Yeaa, I know drew. Hell yea man; I'd love to get a look at the 9887. I'm in baton rouge all week and some weekends. Where are you from? I see it says Baton Rouge. If you are close to LSU, we could meet up very easily. If not, then a general location would work. Lol, I talked to drew for the first time in the college dr. wal mart parking lot.

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

I can get you a good price on the Kenwood, I think it was you I told that to before.

It's totally personal preference between the 800/880 and 9887.

Yea, but wasn't that price for a refurb?

I'd like to check out the 990! Too bad that they cost $1300. I'll put that money towards a programmable ECU before I get a 1300 HU.

I vote for cheaper double din + processor

Nav would be a deal breaker, though.

I see you have the 360. Do you like it? I see you're also upgrading to the ms-8. I hear those are nice also. I don't know how easy those processors are to use. Thats kinda why i haven't looked into using one yet.

I love my Pioneer. The nav can be a PITA once in a while though.

J