DC Power Rob

Dual alternator kit requests...

The other thing that's being worked on are dual kits.. We already have a ton of them, but are always getting requests.. If there's something that you are looking for, please let me know.. Also, if your in So-Cal and have a vehicle, we're ALWAYS down for doing new things.. :)

2000 gmc jimmy 4.3l v6 dual alt kit

This is being built now.. I'd say after on vehicle testing, will be available in 3 weeks tops.. We're setting this up to run either a pair of our 320HP's, or a stock sm case and one 320HP.. Im not sure *yet* if we can run one lg case, and one sm case, but I doubt it on the S10.. Just FYI though, 2 of our 320's will do about 270 or so at idle which is realistically the limit of what the engine will actually turn at idle..

Do you have a dual kit for a 1997 Ford Explorer V6 - 4.0L vin E 245ci - SOHC with the 250SP windings thanks Jason

so this would alow me to run 2 of the stock case alts on my truck if so im very interested what kind of price could i expect

PS

if you need someone to test for you let me know LOL

Edited by DSKtim

Do you have a dual kit for a 1997 Ford Explorer V6 - 4.0L vin E 245ci - SOHC with the 250SP windings thanks Jason

As soon as someone brings us a SOHC Explorer, we will definitely have a dual kit for this.. For some reason, SOHC Explorers are non-existant in So-Cal

so this would alow me to run 2 of the stock case alts on my truck if so im very interested what kind of price could i expect

PS

Yes, you could run 2 stock small case CS130D's in this bracket.. I'm not sure about cost yet, but probably in the mid-upper $200's or thereabouts... This kit is going to need 3 idler pulleys, and at $24 a pop, they start to add up.. I'm pretty sure that most customers would spend a few more dollars though to get more than 180º belt wrap on the pulleys so there's NO belt slip.. Also, if your in So-Cal, we can definitely work something out. Rob

As soon as someone brings us a SOHC Explorer, we will definitely have a dual kit for this.. For some reason, SOHC Explorers are non-existant in So-Cal

Do you have an alternator that will fit my Explorer in the stock location? From what I know it's a 4G. I can make my own dual bracket. No problem there. Then, I will sell it to you guys lol.

PS

Yes, you could run 2 stock small case CS130D's in this bracket.. I'm not sure about cost yet, but probably in the mid-upper $200's or thereabouts... This kit is going to need 3 idler pulleys, and at $24 a pop, they start to add up.. I'm pretty sure that most customers would spend a few more dollars though to get more than 180º belt wrap on the pulleys so there's NO belt slip.. Also, if your in So-Cal, we can definitely work something out. Rob

thanks guys im in alaska but i will be buying a kit when it is available how can i keep track of when it is in production

BIG JAY, on 06 October 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

DC Power Rob, on 07 October 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

Do you have an alternator that will fit my Explorer in the stock location? From what I know it's a 4G. I can make my own dual bracket. No problem there. Then, I will sell it to you guys lol.

BIG JAY, on 06 October 2010 - 01:28 PM, said

Yes, it is a 4G.. I usually only build 4G's if I absolutely have to.. We've had customers hang XP's on the SOHC before, but you have to modify the valve cover (if I remember correctly). If you want to build a bracket, I would just need to know what mounting style alternator you want.. A Vortec style dual spool mount is usually the best, but whatevers handy would work if your making your own.. I've never seen a single HO 4G alternator that would come close to matching a stock 4G's output at "true" idle, and I've seen them all. Sorry for the rant if it comes across that way, it's just that 4G alternators by design, even in OEM form are an abomination, and IMHO anyone who builds HO versions of them needs their heads examined, that or strung up by their toes..

The other thing that's being worked on are dual kits.. We already have a ton of them, but are always getting requests.. If there's something that you are looking for, please let me know.. Also, if your in So-Cal and have a vehicle, we're ALWAYS down for doing new things.. :)

looking to add amperage to an 01' Astro (Safari) with 4.3L V6

Sounds like Troy has something lined up, but doesnt hurt to post here in case you already have something

edit: just saw 2000 gmc jimmy 4.3l v6 dual alt kit

lemme know when thats finished :)

Edited by kryptonitewhite

Sounds like Troy has something lined up, but doesnt hurt to post here in case you already have something

interested in the 4.3 bracket as well...

interested in the 4.3 bracket as well...

maybe these will help you out. I am trying to get ahold of this guy for dimensions of his adaptors, maybe the OP can fabricate them? OP, if you can make these for me, shoot me an email and your PayPal kryptonitewhite at hotmail

thanks

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/294453-ascendant-audio-chevy-astro-the-mayhem/page__st__380

The 4.3's are definitely at the top of the list.. They are just Sooooo tight on space, definitely not an easy vehicle to do.. It's the same front end as the 5.7's, we just cant use our brackets for those because of space...

The brackets for the 4.3 AC compressor replacement would be a snap to do, and although the install in the link was nice and clean, I would do them a bit different because of possible case clearance issues in the rear.. I've made a ton for other vehicles with pad mount compressors, just never had a need to do it for the 4.3V6.. I could probably make the brackets for about $125, maybe less because they really would be pretty simple, but to do them one off there's a couple hours worth of work there to make them dead on, trust me.. let me know what you think.. Rob

Blade got back to me, he's considering doing a run of them, but overseas shipping would be a killer. There's a guy on caraudiotalk.com that'll do them for $25 with measurements, but I can't get the measurements from Blade, and I can't make them without the alt. rock/hardplace lol

Yeah, overseas shipping is killer for sure.. Material expense on simple brackets is nothing, its CNC time thats the killer @ $95/hr... We can definitely do them though..

Do you have an Astro/Safari available to take measurements? I can take measurement pics... been thinking about pulling the compressor out.

I have a bracket here to use.. All of the 4.3 and 5.7's use the same AC bracket, and we keep most all of the OEM mounting brackets here for reference and to use for things like this.. It also makes things much easier for belt alignment etc.. :)

We had one at one time, but the 32v motor in those Navi's is not fun at all to work on and the kit we had was really complicated, more so than it was worth.. we may do another one in the future but it will be next year before we tackle that one.. We do get a lot of requests though for those still..

I talked to you a looong time ago about a dual alternator bracket and you said you were trying to get them in. :) i'm guessing the wait is almost over?

Since you didn't have a dual bracket for me, i bought the biggest alternator you had for my application. 320 Amp 180-200 at idle.

I NEED a dual bracket and another 320 Amp alternator.

1992 Chevy S-10 2.8L V6

I have a bracket here to use.. All of the 4.3 and 5.7's use the same AC bracket, and we keep most all of the OEM mounting brackets here for reference and to use for things like this.. It also makes things much easier for belt alignment etc.. :)

How much?

How much?

$125

Our new S-10 dual kit should be done by the time we get back from SEMA.. It's about 95% now and the prototype is all mocked up.. This is going to be one S I C K kit for the 4.3 S-10's and Blazers.. This will also fit the '96-'2000 5.7 Vortec Trucks/Tahoe's etc as well.. I dont have pricing yet, but the kit complete with the belt is going to be in the $275 ballpark Im thinking... Rob

I talked to you a looong time ago about a dual alternator bracket and you said you were trying to get them in. :) i'm guessing the wait is almost over?

Since you didn't have a dual bracket for me, i bought the biggest alternator you had for my application. 320 Amp 180-200 at idle.

I NEED a dual bracket and another 320 Amp alternator.

1992 Chevy S-10 2.8L V6

BUMP