DC Power Rob

Dual alternator kit requests...

'96-'03 Chevy S-10 4.3L V6 dual kit - Done prototyping, will finish in the next ~7 days and put in production

Does that cover 01' Chevy Astro van with 4.3 V6 as well?

Hey guys,

Interested to see your bracket for the 4.3L Astro. Kryptonite, not forgot about you just been busy with the new-born. I have front end stripped out and am working on adding a 3rd alt to my 97 Astro. Will be going next to the OE one, removed what was left of the AC setup i.e. the AC Evaporator. Need to separate the fan housing so I still have blower just need to take that off the evaporator fitting.

I already have a bracket lined up but I'm really interested to see the DC Power Dual alt kit for the 4.3L GM motors. I know without a shadow of a doubt I will be cutting some of the fire wall and taking a large hammer to it, but I'm sure with a little persuasion we can get it in.

Look forward to seeing the pics :)

Any updates? I'm anxious for some good weather so I can get some subs reinstalled :D

Hey guys,

Interested to see your bracket for the 4.3L Astro. Kryptonite, not forgot about you just been busy with the new-born. I have front end stripped out and am working on adding a 3rd alt to my 97 Astro. Will be going next to the OE one, removed what was left of the AC setup i.e. the AC Evaporator. Need to separate the fan housing so I still have blower just need to take that off the evaporator fitting.

I already have a bracket lined up but I'm really interested to see the DC Power Dual alt kit for the 4.3L GM motors. I know without a shadow of a doubt I will be cutting some of the fire wall and taking a large hammer to it, but I'm sure with a little persuasion we can get it in.

Look forward to seeing the pics :)

CIMG3829.jpg

waitin on brackets, sir, jus sayin :-P

2000 gmc jimmy 4.3l v6 dual alt kit

This is being built now.. I'd say after on vehicle testing, will be available in 3 weeks tops.. We're setting this up to run either a pair of our 320HP's, or a stock sm case and one 320HP.. Im not sure *yet* if we can run one lg case, and one sm case, but I doubt it on the S10.. Just FYI though, 2 of our 320's will do about 270 or so at idle which is realistically the limit of what the engine will actually turn at idle..

unless i missed it i guess we're still all waiting for one of these dual alt brackets. I have one large case Gm alt already and would want one of yours to go with a dual alt kit.

What's your email? Went to my local shop yesterday with pics of BLADE ICE's (BILTD's) adaptors, $100/hr plus material but he's guessing 2-4 hrs, $350-$400 ballpark :( Thats getting close to my quotes for dual brackets with pulleys!

I talked to you a looong time ago about a dual alternator bracket and you said you were trying to get them in. :) i'm guessing the wait is almost over?

Since you didn't have a dual bracket for me, i bought the biggest alternator you had for my application. 320 Amp 180-200 at idle.

I NEED a dual bracket and another 320 Amp alternator.

1992 Chevy S-10 2.8L V6

BUMP

:eek5wavey:

Per our conversation the other night, I'll try and find a bracket this week.. Cost wise, mid $200's probably, less belt plus whatever a bracket costs me... If you want me to do it, just post up here or call me/IM me on AIM... Will be a cakewalk to do.

Hey, yes I want it! I was looking for an email back from you, didn't think you would reply here. Can you pm me or email me, or reply here if you like, a total with the bracket belt and 320 amp alternator.

Would you be able to do a Dual alternator bracket for the 2008 Dodge 2500 Ram Cummins 6.7? If you can I would be interested in a price for two alternators and bracket kit. If you need to take a look at the truck Im going to be in the SoCal area in April. Let me know if we can work something out bro..

Ok, I'm going to try and answer most of these in one post...

Kryptonite, we have our CNC's in now and can make the brackets for WAY less than that if you still are interested.. I have a bracket for the lower drivers side that *may* fit the Astro's now, I would need pics again to see... Its a REALLY compact bracket and may fit..

Rid'n, I still have no idea on that one.. Haven't even seen one of those motors in a LONG time..

Bangin, hit me up by email and we can get going on this now that we have machines and I can do it in house..

Iced, we have a kit already for that.. The kit is I think $369, and you can run twin 270XP's if you want to on that one.. if your going to be in So-Cal in April, definitely stop by and check out the shop! We love having customers stop by!

Ok, I'm going to try and answer most of these in one post...

Kryptonite, we have our CNC's in now and can make the brackets for WAY less than that if you still are interested.. I have a bracket for the lower drivers side that *may* fit the Astro's now, I would need pics again to see... Its a REALLY compact bracket and may fit..

Rid'n, I still have no idea on that one.. Haven't even seen one of those motors in a LONG time..

Bangin, hit me up by email and we can get going on this now that we have machines and I can do it in house..

Iced, we have a kit already for that.. The kit is I think $369, and you can run twin 270XP's if you want to on that one.. if your going to be in So-Cal in April, definitely stop by and check out the shop! We love having customers stop by!

Sweet Ya I'm interested , PM me the best price on a kit with two 270xp's hopfully we can get something going soon..

:morepower1:

Is it like the 2nd alt mounted in this Astro in this vid seen at 0:33 but on the opposite side? His AC comp and factory alt appear to be the same as mine but reversed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cutJvs7J0QI

Is it like the 2nd alt mounted in this Astro in this vid seen at 0:33 but on the opposite side? His AC comp and factory alt appear to be the same as mine but reversed.

Oh god... *shakes head*.... Im not going to knock whoever built that kit, but that setup is just fail fail fail... Why? 300 amps on a 1.8" pulley with about 45º belt wrap=disaster waiting to happen.. If you're going to delete the A/C, brackets for that will be cake, hell I have an engine here now so that's a walk in the park.. On the low mount, if I get some dimensions from you, I could do a low mount dual for the Astro, but I guarantee it wont be anything like pictured.. For that matter, I could do a triple setup if your doing an A/C delete.. Either way, can do it no problem.

Sweet Ya I'm interested, PM me the best price on a kit with two 270xp's hopfully we can get something going soon.. :morepower1:

Will do that, 2, 270XP's and a 6.7 Cummins dual kit it is.. PCM bypassed and Internally regulated with 15v regulators is a freaking sweet setup on the Cummins engines.. :o

Oh god... *shakes head*.... Im not going to knock whoever built that kit, but that setup is just fail fail fail... Why? 300 amps on a 1.8" pulley with about 45º belt wrap=disaster waiting to happen.. If you're going to delete the A/C, brackets for that will be cake, hell I have an engine here now so that's a walk in the park.. On the low mount, if I get some dimensions from you, I could do a low mount dual for the Astro, but I guarantee it wont be anything like pictured.. For that matter, I could do a triple setup if your doing an A/C delete.. Either way, can do it no problem.

email and PM sent

Sweet Ya I'm interested, PM me the best price on a kit with two 270xp's hopfully we can get something going soon.. :morepower1:

Will do that, 2, 270XP's and a 6.7 Cummins dual kit it is.. PCM bypassed and Internally regulated with 15v regulators is a freaking sweet setup on the Cummins engines.. :o

Cool just let me know what you can do price wise what you can do for the whole package.

Rob check your email! Let's get this thing started :D

since they just got a lot of there parts in they might be catching up with some of there orders before they get back to us?

yep, sounds like they have been working crazy overtime over there... thanks for keeping up with everyone as best you can!

Overtime is an understatement, my brother and I pulled 8 straight 18 hour days and shipped 300+ units last week...

Looking forward to a couple days off for sure..

Bangin, I'll start hunting for a bracket and get going.

Kryptonite, I have have what I need for yours, just give me a few weeks and I should have those done.

Iced, I'm just trying to figure up a labor cost on installing the dual and I'll shoot you a package price over..

Edited by DC Power Rob

How bout a dual kit for an 08 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L

:D

Not a prob, take that time off and enjoy it, don't need anyone cutting off fingers or setting themselves on fire or whatever can happen around there.