Sign in to follow this  
mrbojang

Think these will smoke?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Think there will there be smoke?

• Uh, yeah..
    • Nope.
    • Can't answer.

So currently I have my six sa-10's wired up to a saz-3500d @ 1.33ohms and I'm hoping to get more out of this setup. I have a second saz-3500d coming tomorrow. :woot:

I'm thinking I'll bridge the two amps after upgrading my electrical (acouple d3100's). I'm curious if you guys think this approach is sane or if you think the subs are going to smoke from the extra juice.

I realize this is most likely one of those near impossible to answer questions that gets asked here all too often.

Also, subs are turned to 32hz with 1.3cf each.

Thanks.

So currently I have my six sa-10's wired up to a saz-3500d @ 1.33ohms and I'm hoping to get more out of this setup. I have a second saz-3500d coming tomorrow. :woot:

I'm thinking I'll bridge the two amps after upgrading my electrical (acouple d3100's). I'm curious if you guys think this approach is sane or if you think the subs are going to smoke from the extra juice.

I realize this is most likely one of those near impossible to answer questions that gets asked here all too often.

Also, subs are turned to 32hz with 1.3cf each.

Thanks.

As long as your careful, not really.

Yeah they will and no they wont. If it is for more output when daily driving then I wouldnt do it, I hate having to be overly cautious with my system if I dont have to thats why I keep the power levels respectable. But if your worried about output when your competing then go for it in my eyes. Hope that helps.

box is more then likely your weakness at this point.. but more RESPONSIBLE power is always good too

With gains matched properly, no imp rise, at 1ohm, perfect world you'd have ~1166watts to each driver.

But since your not playing straight up sine waves, its not going to see 1166watts 24/7, and your wiring to 1.33ohms, and then some imp rise, and possibly gaining down a tad, I would say it's fine.

I have a second saz-3500d coming tomorrow.

Waste of money in my opinion. Unless you are upgrading.

I'll be running different drivers later. Most likely two 18's.

I'll be running different drivers later. Most likely two 18's.

i think geting another would be good. just makes your system ready when you want to upgrade :morepower1:

Depends! Box design, electrical and the guy behind the volume knob! .... :drink40:

Depends! Box design, electrical and the guy behind the volume knob! .... :drink40:

X2 bingo