RFIRE15

PICs of the GP

Saw a few other threads with pics of their cars.... here is my ride :)

RayPic1.jpg

And here is what I like most about this car :)

RayPic2.jpg

coming really soon... 18" chormes, lowering springs.. F1 style hood :)

Then the system will be redone

Love GP's and GA's ... keep us updated on the mods of course :)

- Steve

looks sweet Ray, I am working on something worth of the club ;):D

clean lookin car.. theres one here looks nearly identical to that but, with some 18s... and a chick drives it(and shes hot) but anyway.... uhhh, oh ya... sweet car :D

thanks guys.... yea i need to get my 18's really soon (the next mod)

I just love the whine that supercharger puts out when i hit it :D

Clean baby!! I like smooth and clean!! Is that Silver or white?

even tho im a domestic hater i like that car. my friend has one just like that but white. I just beat it last night by a couple cars in my dads bmw 330i.

even tho im a domestic hater i like that car. my friend has one just like that but white. I just beat it last night by a couple cars in my dads bmw 330i.

hehe, let mine have a run at that 330i :)

I doubt a 330i could take a GTP by a couple car lengths. Either your friend wasn't trying, can't drive, has a standard (not GTP), or your dad's 330i is heavily modded.

I'm a track regular and have seen GTPs run 13s stock, and dip into the 12s with mods.

A GTP can't run a 13second stock... fastest stock GTP to date i believe is a 14.35

But with about 150 bucks, you got a 13 second car heh

Sorry, should have said, "near stock". ;)

Under the right conditions and on a fast track, hitting close to 13s isn't impossible!

I like GTPs, but I can't do ATX - gotta be MTX! :slayer:

Edited by SVTSTPETE

330i can beat a stock GTP. One of my friends had a stock gtp another borrowed his dad's 330i. The kid in the bimmer was letting off the gas while in tiptronic mode, and still beat GTP. My friend with the GTP put a smaller pully on it and a cold air intake. Much faster now :)

even tho im a domestic hater i like that car.  my friend has one just like that but white.  I just beat it last night by a couple cars in my dads bmw 330i.

I doubt a 330i could take a GTP by a couple car lengths. Either your friend wasn't trying, can't drive, has a standard (not GTP), or your dad's 330i is heavily modded.

I'm a track regular and have seen GTPs run 13s stock, and dip into the 12s with mods.

what are u talking about...? A GTP is automatic, how can he not be trying or not know how to drive. both cars are stock, im not so sure whats so hard to believe. We can race again and tape it if ud like?

330i can beat a stock GTP. One of my friends had a stock gtp another borrowed his dad's 330i. The kid in the bimmer was letting off the gas while in tiptronic mode, and still beat GTP. My friend with the GTP put a smaller pully on it and a cold air intake. Much faster now :)

nice. and thats auto 330 too. which are pretty slow compared to dads 6 speed. which my dads is.

I'm not doubting your story nor saying that a 330i can't beat a GTP, what I'm saying is that with similar drivers, it should be a close race. "A couple car lengths" in a 1/4 mile race is quite a distance - a full second in some cases. Given that the result was that, the conclusion by anyone with a lot of track experience would be that the trailing vehicle was not giving 100% or did not know how to properly launch an ATX.

I'm not instigating/provoking/flaming, I'm merely stating firsthand experience with GTPs. I'm not a "hater" of certain cars - I'm a gearhead and appreciate good cars, regardless of make. GTP is a comfortable and fine ATX vehicle; BMW produces very refined, great handling cars.

What year/models were the 330i and the GTP?

Edited by SVTSTPETE

I'm not doubting your story nor saying that a 330i can't beat a GTP,

I doubt a 330i could take a GTP by a couple car lengths. Either your friend wasn't trying, can't drive, has a standard (not GTP), or your dad's 330i is heavily modded."

uhuh ur not doubting anything are ya. :rolleyes: