altoncustomtech

SLOW build on a 2001 GMC Jimmy

looks nice....

finish ideas?

no flush mount?

have you considered incorporating a 45' in the port area?

i love the approach with the viewing window!

Is that plex going to be sealed up nicely and fairly thick?

i would venture to say yes, as his current enclosure of a similar build approach is very solid!

he will undoubtfully have to factor the xcon's ability to tear up stuff into his build design this go around!

xcon=xcursion!

:)

That box is sweet, I love the idea fo the door panels too.I sold my yukon, and am looking for a blazer xtreme, so this thread will be helpful! :popcorn:

Wow, how did I miss all this activity??!?!?!!! LOL... Well guys, thanks for the interest... The plans are still a little volatile and I'm strongly considering doing passive radiator's instead of a standard ported design. I can get the same crazy output and response with a smaller enclosure. I've been drawing designs for that too, I'll get them posted up when they're finished.

:popcorn: I like the new direction bro :drink40: Definitely gotta show that sexy ass of the Xcon :woot: What are you thinking for power.....in case I've missed it?

It will the the SAZ-1500 that I purchased originally to run the SA-8's. Plenty of power for the XCON (whichever size I use) to give things a shake.

Thats a snazzy enclosure design Alton. I like it! Good to see some forward progress! :sleepwerd4:

Thanx bro, I just hope they turn out half as good as I see them in my mind when I'm drawing them up.

looks nice....

finish ideas?

no flush mount?

have you considered incorporating a 45' in the port area?

i love the approach with the viewing window!

Thanx man! Whatever I end up doing with the sub and the box I'll be using a bed liner to finish it. Need the finish to be much tougher than paint or carpet will be. I'll flush mount them for certain if I do go with the passive setup. I don't have the tools (yet) to do much with putting 45's in the port, though if I end up doing the passive radiator's it won't be any issue anyway.

Just like the box in the van, it will be 3/4" thick and sealed up plenty good enough.

That box is sweet, I love the idea fo the door panels too.I sold my yukon, and am looking for a blazer xtreme, so this thread will be helpful! :popcorn:

Thank you! Hopefully everything will turn out great on the thing. I hate how long it's taking to get any work done on it, but hopefully it will turn out like I'm imagining. The Blazer Xtreme will be a badass truck to build in. I had the chance to buy one before I got the Jimmy but I was really looking for and needing a 4x4 so I passed on it for the Jimmy. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it when you find one!

Here's the basic box design for the PR's. It will be 2.55cuft for the 12" XCON and 1.75cuft for the 10". Of course the 10" box will be a bit smaller, but this configuration is about the only way I can fit all of it together. I REALLY want to have some plexi in this thing so everyone can see the sexy ass of the XCON.

I'm still hoping the 8's sell soon, I'd like to get the order in for the XCON and the PR's soon. I'm trying to line things up and get this build going again very soon.

JimmyXCON12withPRs1.jpg

JimmyXCON12withPRs2.jpg

JimmyXCON12withPRs3.jpg

How much you wanting for the 8's if you still have them?

I do still have all three of them. The FOR SALE THREAD IS HERE with pictures and everything. I'm asking $115 ea. shipped.

Should be interesting to hear the reactions of those that aren't familiar with pr's when they see that enclosure.

Trying another design. Angled front this time around. It's still in the 2.75cuft neighborhood if the math is right and gets the viewing window up to 11" of viewing area. I don't have a saw worth a crap for doing angles, so anybody who does some professional box building who's got some insight on this one, please chime in or PM me.

JimmyXCON12withPRs45sfront1.jpg

JimmyXCON12withPRs45sfront2.jpg

JimmyXCON12withPRs45sfront3.jpg

Okay, I've made all my decisions and will be going with a single 10" SSA XCON with two 10" SSA XCON passive radiator's, thanks to Denim and Nick from Fi for allowing me to pick those up too!!

Box is 1.75cuft NET, will be tuning PR's in the 32ish neighborhood. These drawings should give a great idea of what it will look like when complete. Thank you again to Denim for letting me get creative with Sketchup and model the XCON for these drawings.

On to the pics.....

JimmyXCON10withPRs1.jpg

JimmyXCON10withPRs2.jpg

JimmyXCON10withPRs3.jpg

JimmyXCON10withPRs4.jpg

I've got some more fine tuning to do, work on the paint, interior of the box, etc. to do with it, but this is basically the final design.

Thanks for looking.

Thanx brother! Hopefully it turns out as good as I'm imagining it in my head.

Tell me what you guys think of this.....

JimmyXCON10withPRsreallooking1.jpg

JimmyXCON10withPRsreallooking2.jpg

This is why I have some things to clean up. I wasn't thinking about mounting hole cutout size when I built the frame, so in this pic the spokes go through the MDF. It won't be long before that's all cleaned up and looking much better. Notice, I even have the "SSA Proudly built in the U.S.A." flag sticker on the back of the sub. :D

JimmyXCON10withPRsreallooking3.jpg

JimmyXCON10withPRsreallooking4.jpg

I'm completely remodeling the sub to clean up some things, but I think this looks pretty damn decent IMHO.

Looks good! Can't wait to see how it turns out, and see what you think about the Pr setup. :fing34:

Looks good! Can't wait to see how it turns out, and see what you think about the Pr setup. :fing34:

Thanx!! I can't wait either! I'm really looking forward to what this thing can do.

Working on some nice sketch skills bro :fing34:

Eager to see this come to life and hear your thoughts.

Think you're gonna be able to make it for Slamology this year?

Thanx man, I'm enjoying the hell out of doing all the sketch work. It truly is a blast.

Believe me I'm far more anxious than you about getting this going.

I hope to make it for Slamology this year, I'm trying to get dates on a bunch of shows as early as possible which will make it much easier to plan ahead for them.

I don't think you'll be seeing anyone else with the same setup, that's for sure. :drink40:

Slamology is still fathers day weekend in June (16-17) but the venue has changed to Lucas Oil Raceway/old O'Reily/Indy Raceway Park......http://www.slamology.com/

I don't think you'll be seeing anyone else with the same setup, that's for sure. :drink40:

THAT is one of the biggest reasons I'm doing it. I got the 8's for that reason but it took so long that there's a bunch of people who are doing them, so I decided to find something else different. I also wanted to get away from the limitations the SA8 V1's had, especially the first run like I have.

Slamology is still fathers day weekend in June (16-17) but the venue has changed to Lucas Oil Raceway/old O'Reily/Indy Raceway Park......http://www.slamology.com/

That's awesome that it's still the same weekend. Going to put in for that trip now, lol.

what program do you use? Just wondering.

Google Sketchup, HERE's the download link. It's a great free program that's fairly intuitive to use and can do some really cool stuff and is actually pretty powerful.

what program do you use? Just wondering.

Google Sketchup, HERE's the download link. It's a great free program that's fairly intuitive to use and can do some really cool stuff and is actually pretty powerful.

Oh right on, that's one of the ones i use, prolly the one i mostly use. I also have 3ds max and just clened my computer out and deleted a lot of them which i cant even remember the names of now. lol