Cudda_Kine

Box is finished. Now for a Subwoofer

Originally made for the Death Penalty. But I could also use this towards the Warden. Should I just save the $300 and just get the Death Penalty?

And What amp should I use? How are the 20.1's?

IMG_0291.jpg

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the "DEVIL's SHADOW" on here?

Edited by Daniel Pohaku Osorno

Or both.

My question for you is what has/will be done with the electrical, and what amps are you going to run? Is it strictly a burp box, or is this going to be a daily car?

Kef

I was hoping to run the 20.1 Amp and the four channel one. But they are pretty expensive (for the wattage that you get). I could just get my old amp (Clarion DPX 11551) and buy a new 4 channel one. "It's" going to be a daily driver. Just want it to perform Very Well with the Low_End bass.

Is that box for an 18 or a 21? If you are going to run a single 20.1, then I would go with the Death Penalty. If you plan to run more power than that in the future, then go ahead and get the Warden. It really just comes down to how much power you are going to run.....Both will be stupid loud.

Is that box for an 18 or a 21? If you are going to run a single 20.1, then I would go with the Death Penalty. If you plan to run more power than that in the future, then go ahead and get the Warden. It really just comes down to how much power you are going to run.....Both will be stupid loud.

"It's" for a 21" Death Penalty actually. "It" should be Great.

I can't wait to hear my AudioControl Epicenter with "this" subwoofer. Very Deep I'm hoping

EDIT: On second thought. What is the lowest RMS that the Death Penalty & Warden can play at? I was thinking about trying "this" amp

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-XH7110-Watt-Mono-Amplifier/dp/B0032FOJHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288686120&sr=8-1

Before I try the Soundstream/If I wouldn't need the soundstream anymore.

I would order the Subwoofer into Dual 2ohms. Wire "it" up as 4ohm first. With the Clarion Amp @450RMS. If I like the sound of "it". Just order another Clarion amp. Rail "it". Switch the subwoofer wiring to 1ohm and everything will be fine. Just want to make sure that I don't damage the Subwoofer. Running at a very low RMS rating (450RMS). Will I be able to play this sub @450RMS for now?

I can't understand why you want to use little Clarion amps on your sub.

Get a cheap Audiopipe or Powerbass or...you need power for your 21" !!!

I can't understand why you want to use little Clarion amps on your sub.

Get a cheap Audiopipe or Powerbass or...you need power for your 21" !!!

This will be for Daily use. Will the subs handle 3400 Daily? Everywhere I go

Lowest RMS on the woofers is about 0 watts. ;)

There is no lowest RMS. ;)

Some person said that I could Fry the coil overs or something like that if you run an amp smaller than the recommended subwoofer power.

Some person said that I could Fry the coil overs or something like that if you run an amp smaller than the recommended subwoofer power.

All honesty it's all bullshit people who talk about underpowering bad for your wooofers is straight tarded.

Clipping and nuts behind the volume know blows woofers.

if you clip the shit out of a 3000 watts woofer with a 200 watt amp.. nothing will happen.. A Square wave is 1.5X more powerful than a sine wave.. so you could theoretically go crazy if you kept the sub's coil moving to dissipate heat..

You actually generally want an amplifier with an rms value higher than the subwoofer's requirement for headroom as a preventative measure for clipping. I would just get an amplifier rated at 1500 rms for that sub. No sense in using so much room for a 21" if it's not even being powered fully. I'd definitely recommend a 20.1, I love my 40.1. It is the most solid amp I've seen in person. Sundown and Stetsom make some pretty solid amps too, take a look at the SSA store.

The IA 20.1 would be a great amplifier for a 21" DP. If you wanted more power then get a 2nd 20.1 and strap the pair on a 21" Warden for insanely loud daily driving. Just adress the electrical!

Not sure about that amp. But Couldn't I get a more powerful amp (3400)? They are selling the 20.1 for about $750! Why so High?

Not sure about that amp. But Couldn't I get a more powerful amp (3400)? They are selling the 20.1 for about $750! Why so High?

Because it's worth it :P

Kef

The only subwoofer that could be smoked whilst underpowering was a series of RE MT, the spiders were too hard and if you had a X amount of power to it, it didn't moved enough to cool itself and burned the coils. :peepwall:

The only subwoofer that could be smoked whilst underpowering was a series of RE MT, the spiders were too hard and if you had a X amount of power to it, it didn't moved enough to cool itself and burned the coils. :peepwall:

ALL subwoofers need to move to keep cool, they used forced air cooling.

How many sites are you going to spam with these stupid questions op, we already addressed these questions on another site :WTFBubble:

ALL subwoofers need to move to keep cool, they used forced air cooling.

I know but the RE MT is the only woofer i have ever heared that it can blow whilst being underpowered. ;)