joe_prince

Which 15" sub for me? (help)

I need help deciding on a pair of subs for my new setup. This setup I'd going in an Isuzu Trooper, and so far I have it sound deadened with sound deadened showdowns, I have the component setup run off of a Sundown 2.250, and I now need help making a decision on a pair of subs based on my box and the amount of power I can run. I already got the box professionally made and it's 8cubes tuned to 33hz. Also Im not going to be running a high output alternator, but I'll be running a secondary XS Power battery and am thinking about running my subs off of the Sundown SAX 1200D. Also I'm not willing to spend over $500 for the pair ( that's including shipping ) can you help me out? Thank you

what was wrong with the ssa xcons or i would get 4 sundown sa8's about the price range and i think the crash

Edited by rattleboxIAK

Ended up not being able to come up with the money for them and all the power needs. And now im just looking in a new direction still tryin to use the equipment I have but get a setup more in my price range.

what was wrong with the ssa xcons or i would get 4 sundown sa8's about the price range and i think the crash

Also another problem that comes into play is the fact that the box is made for 2 15" xcons. And is still In perfect condition

I could sell you a very nice Incriminator Audio 18" Death Row series! :peepwall:

I could sell you a very nice Incriminator Audio 18" Death Row series! :peepwall:

Sorry they have to be 15"s

but r the spec going to b right for the box u build for them

The subwoofers will have to run to their potential on roughly 4cubes per sub. And I notice that the box was made at exactly 8 cubes after driver displacement and bracing so it won't be exactly perfect for another set of subwoofers but im going to have to go with what I have, and was hoping you guys could help me out. Also something else that will come into play will be the cutout diameter of the drivers because the box has a exact cutout diameter for the xcons.

what watts r u looking for with the subs

600-700 a piece because that's about the amount I'll be able to handle not running a HO alt

To bad on the XCONS. How bout the SA15's from Sundown???? Your box is a little on the large size and not sure on the cutouts.

To bad on the XCONS. How bout the SA15's from Sundown???? Your box is a little on the large size and not sure on the cutouts.

Those were the exact ones I've been thinking about, and those are the same complications I ran into on how the box is on the BIG side and I haven't heard the cutout diameter yet for them so I'm waiting to hear of that before I can make a decision to preorder them or not. And there also at such a good price. And I know it sucks about the xcons, maybe one day I'll have a little more money to go towards a setup.

600-700 a piece because that's about the amount I'll be able to handle not running a HO alt

Then i would go with the 15" Lethal Injection Series price 209.00 each..

8 spoke black cast basket

3 4 layer aluminum voice coil

Double Black Progressive Spiders with Woven Tinsels

Injected Pulp Matrix Fiber Reinforced Cone

Double Layer Foam Surround

Double Stacked Magnets with Black Nickel Finish

Interlocking Aluminum Spider Spacer Assembly

CILD - Center Interlocking Dustcap

ADC - Air Driven Cooling

Nickel Plated Push Terminals

Wrap Around Rubber Gasket

600 Watt RMS Rated

DVC 2 ohm or 4 ohm

Those were the exact ones I've been thinking about, and those are the same complications I ran into on how the box is on the BIG side and I haven't heard the cutout diameter yet for them so I'm waiting to hear of that before I can make a decision to preorder them or not. And there also at such a good price. And I know it sucks about the xcons, maybe one day I'll have a little more money to go towards a setup.

E-mail Jacob on the cutout size, space in the box is easy to fix if needed. Ask Jacob about that space with the power you are planning for them and get his opinion. Nothing like an answer from the man that designed them.

It sounds like a great set of subs for me to look into thanks for a great suggestion.

aint the sa 15 like 400.00 + each tho???

On pre order they are 180 each

Then i would go with the 15" Lethal Injection Series price 209.00 each..

8 spoke black cast basket

3 4 layer aluminum voice coil

Double Black Progressive Spiders with Woven Tinsels

Injected Pulp Matrix Fiber Reinforced Cone

Double Layer Foam Surround

Double Stacked Magnets with Black Nickel Finish

Interlocking Aluminum Spider Spacer Assembly

CILD - Center Interlocking Dustcap

ADC - Air Driven Cooling

Nickel Plated Push Terminals

Wrap Around Rubber Gasket

600 Watt RMS Rated

DVC 2 ohm or 4 ohm

aint the sa 15 like 400.00 + each tho???

On presale got mine at $160 ea. :drink40: Thinks presale still on until they show in November.

I just compared the cutout diameters of the xcon and lethal injection and they are off by a little bit but only like .15 inches which makes me wonder if IA was just lazy about measuring to the nearest hundreth of an inch or if it actually only off by that little amount. and I'm wondering if that'll make a difference

Fi SSD? :ughdunno:

:bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: