JayAreCWB

IN DIRE NEED OF SETUP

Im getting my Jeep Grand Cherokee ths friday. then gotta save up for sound system. im trying to get 2 18" NS v.2.. But idk if i need dual 1 or 2ohm. this will be for daily use(only listen to rap) and the occasional comp(maybe). 2 saz2500? 1 saz4500? i really dont know which would be best. Im in MOORESVILLE,NC, so i know a lot of people on this board are near here. Even the sundown audio warehouse!! lol.. i met jacob and a lot of the team members back in march in daytona for SBN. I know some on can help me here!! SUNDOWN FTW

Is no best, decisions should always be based on goals, budget, space and so on. D1 or D2 will depend on your amplifier and what you choose to do overall

Wow, dont you think your going kinda big if you dont even know what subs to get? Not telling you how to spend your money just make sure you know what you are doing before you jump in the deep end, dont get on the diving board if you dont know how to swim.

If you get 2-2500D Sundown Amps then you will need to get 2-D2 subwoofers. If you get 1-4500D Sundown Amp then you will need to get 2-D1 subwoofers.

What do you have planned for your electrical and so on?

Wow, dont you think your going kinda big if you dont even know what subs to get? Not telling you how to spend your money just make sure you know what you are doing before you jump in the deep end, dont get on the diving board if you dont know how to swim.

If you get 2-2500D Sundown Amps then you will need to get 2-D2 subwoofers. If you get 1-4500D Sundown Amp then you will need to get 2-D1 subwoofers.

What do you have planned for your electrical and so on?

Yes. Stepping up to that much power requires a fairly big electrical upgrade. Your battery(s) aren't going to supply enough power, you'll need a h/o alt to power your amp(s) and keep your batteries charged. Depending on if you want to play for long periods of time with the engine off, you'll need a battery bank...

Not trying to sway your decision in going big, just want you to be aware that amps don't make power and the bigger they are, the more power they require. I'll be looking out for your build in the future :popcorn:

Take your sub and amp budget and double it for your electrical. That is being conservative too.

What a lot of people have already said, focus on your electrical setup first. Cheapest start on the Big 3, then move to alternator and battery upgrades. That way down the line as you change your setup you won't have to worry.

of course the electrical will be first.Electrical is the most important. Probably a DC power 270. and atleast 2 extra batts. BIG 3 also. 2-3 runs of 0ga wire of course.

or however many runs of 0ga i need. Im not sure if I need more than 2 runs.

and which xs batts would be a good choice

Edited by JayAre

ill be getting the 250amp alt from DC power and probably 2 d3100 batts from XS...

I would say for daily a pair of Z15s and a 3500 would be very solid no problem! You would save on money, electrical you mentioned should be decent for that, and you would save a bit on space and be able to get the build done very simple.

that doesn't sound like a bad idea really. two Z15s or two Z18s on a3500. Ill def get the same electrical. in process of saving for the alt right now

I think a pair of Z18s and a 3500 would be damn nasty for daily! Replace the battery under the hood and 2 or 3 D3100s in the back you will be solid. With the money saved you may need to buy a new windshield though :woot: