So I'm planning on running one run of zero gauge from the batt to a distro block (Like the Kicker PDK1 if anyone feels like looking) so that I don't have to drill two holes in my firewall. But the SAX1200D just shot up from 315 to 375, (just outta my price range) so I'm gonna get a refurbished SAZ1500D from DB-r. My question is, since the distro block is going to be 0ga in and 4ga out, can I run two runs of 4 ga to the 1500D (as my other amp will be an SAX125.2) and feed the it the current it needs? Or will it not be enough and possibly overload my one run of 0ga? (it'd be a decent 0ga wire too, btw. Like Stinger or maybe Kicker)

2- 4awg = 1- 2awg.

2- 4awg = 1- 2awg.

Hmmm....would that be sufficient if it's a short run?

My cousin is a "master" at mobile audio, he says when you're under 3k watts it's better to run 2 runs of 4 gauge wiring.

I dunno

I would get 2 4 gauge runs if I had the cash.

good luck bro

2- 4awg = 1- 2awg.

If it's a short run why don't you just spend an extra 10 bucks or whatever and use 0gauge? You can get 0gauge from weldingsupply.com, it's generally cheaper then any "car audio" wire and it's exactly the same, if not better.

My cousin is a "master" at mobile audio, he says when you're under 3k watts it's better to run 2 runs of 4 gauge wiring.

I dunno

good luck bro

And this is why a lot of people don't take stereo shops seriously...

I dunno

good luck bro

And this is why a lot of people don't take stereo shops seriously...

2 4 gauge runs? 1 0 gauge run is cheaper. WOW!

this is why I work at home

lol

quoting "master"

I highly doubt it

No, no guys, you missed part of the original post. I'm running 0ga into a Distro block that has 4ga outputs!

If I could just run 0ga straight to the amp it'd be a no brainer lol

this is why I work at home

lol

quoting "master"

I highly doubt it

lol.......you work at home? I would love to do that.

No, no guys, you missed part of the original post. I'm running 0ga into a Distro block that has 4ga outputs!

Use a 0gauge to 4gauge end reducer, then you can run 0gauge out of your 4gauge output.

Such as: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16846_Stinger+SPT821+-Gold-.html

Use a 0gauge to 4gauge end reducer, then you can run 0gauge out of your 4gauge output.

DOPENESSSSSSS. Thanks alot man.

DOPENESSSSSSS. Thanks alot man.

No problem :)

wait....why not just 0 gauge to SAZ1500 and 4 gauge to the other one?

The firewall in my Explorer makes me wanna :suicide-santa:

Me and my dad had all kinds of hell fitting two 8 guage wires in there without drilling a hole. This time I just wanna look for a good spot to hole saw big enough for 0ga and call it a day.

The firewall in my Explorer makes me wanna :suicide-santa:

Me and my dad had all kinds of hell fitting two 8 guage wires in there without drilling a hole. This time I just wanna look for a good spot to hole saw big enough for 0ga and call it a day.

Some people run their wire under their vehicle, just an idea. You can use industrial zip ties and pvc couplers.

I'm not sure how similar all Ford vehicles are too each other but my Grand Marquis has pretty large holes to fit plenty of wire through. Check under the floormats/carpet in the front. I have one on the passenger and driver side of the vehicle.You may have already checked there but I just thought I would through the info out there.

I kinda hear ya on drilling a hole, but just drill one and add a rubber grommet. if you ever decide to remove the system or whatever just plug the hole with a new solid grommet. that or you can do what stefanhinote said.

Edited by beandip

I'm not sure how similar all Ford vehicles are too each other but my Grand Marquis has pretty large holes to fit plenty of wire through. Check under the floormats/carpet in the front. I have one on the passenger and driver side of the vehicle.You may have already checked there but I just thought I would through the info out there.

It's kind of funny...where your car probably has legroom in the driver's seat, mine is a little more cramped. There are big holes that are higher up, almost right under/behind the steering column (I think? loll, where the steering wheel and gauges are) but I I stuck a flashlight through them and can't find them on the other (engine side). I'm not really sure how to get wire through there without wrapping it around my motor lol.

2- 4awg = 1- 2awg.

If it's a short run why don't you just spend an extra 10 bucks or whatever and use 0gauge? You can get 0gauge from weldingsupply.com, it's generally cheaper then any "car audio" wire and it's exactly the same, if not better.

Where do you find this wire on this site? I just checked and the site is kind of a clusterf**k.

2- 4awg = 1- 2awg.

Where do you find this wire on this site? I just checked and the site is kind of a clusterf**k.

Nevermind, found it. For anyone that goes to that site looking for wire, it is listed under welding cable.