slim2fattycake

box for a 15" BTL in a toyota 4runner

:drink40: :drink40:

I already handed it over to the owner. He didn't specify a color for the port so I kept it bare. He said he will paint it red to match the red FI logo on the BTL. :)

Also, the owner switched from two 15" AQ SDC2.5s in a tiny weak box tuned high to a single 15" BTL with my box. He definitely noticed an increase in output. :) We might put it on the SPL-Lab handheld meter this weekend. He demoed for a buddy and the buddy had to bail because it was too loud lol.

I wish I could do kerfed..

I need a table saw! Dx lol

Thanks. I had to practice on a spare piece of wood to do that kerf. I wanted to do a tear drop kerf on the inside but it didn't bend as I wanted so I had to just do a straight piece inside because he wanted the box soon. When I perfect the tear drop kerf, I'll probably test and see if it is any better than a straight or rounded end inside the box. If it does better then I'd probably incorporate it into all my slot port boxes afterwards.

Much better looking then my box!

I can't wait to paint mine.

Where's hte build log!

Its not for me. Its for someone else. I wish I can actually start on my own final setup and home theater box. :(

Well just got some meter time for this setup. Loudest I think was 145.6dB at 36hz on passenger windshield. Didn't do any at headrest and he did basically the same on the driver windshield. All this is sealed up. 140s at 30hz and I think his peak may be 43-45hz because he did 145s around there too. It sounds awesome. We only had music, no test tones. I don't remember his amp but its under 2k and he's got a deka 9a31 in the back. Man, I miss bass.