Sign in to follow this  
JayAreCWB

Jeep Grand Cherokee

So i talked to Kyle and he said I would be plenty satisfied with a 250amp alt for my jeep. Im putting in 2 18s NS v2 and a single 4500.

And eventually upgrading doors speakers. My question is will i just replace my oem alt with this one or will i need a dual bracket?

Well the easiest way is to replace your stock alt with the dc alt, but you could possibly get a dual alt bracket made and run your stock alt for stock electrical and run the dc alt for your stereo.

If you did the later approach, you would have more amperage to keep up with your current draw from your amps, and you could run a higher voltage which would be beneficial for an amp such as a saz4500 :)

I guess the only issue is, do you have space under the hood for a second alt? Some people remove their A/C to make up the space, I know if it was me I'd never do that... :P

I'm not sure off the top of my head how much current draw the 4500d has at full tilt, I'm assuming your wiring it down to 1ohm? Depending on the current draw and battery bank you have, it may or may not be worth it to do a dual alt setup.

Hope that helps, even the slightest bit! :morepower1:

im not sure if i would have space under my hood for that. clueless on that. and yea ill wire it to 1ohm.

Are you planning on running extra batteries? If so, any idea on which models and how many?

Are you planning on running extra batteries? If so, any idea on which models and how many?

yea im planning on xtra batts. probably at least 2(IDK if i need more) and no idea on which models.. thats one reason why im here on this wonderful forum :woot: , maybe someone can help me out with everything I need

I'd go with xs power batteries, there powerful and bombproof :) But they do cost a bit compared to other batteries such as kinetik.

After you get your alt in, get a couple batteries and check your voltage at full tilt, if it's dropping into the 12.5v range consistently then I'd get a couple more batteries and check again.

You don't want to be discharging your batteries the whole time your playing at full tilt, but they can pick up the slack that the alt can't manage.

This amplifier can draw HUGE amounts of current - in excess of 500 amps - you MUST have a very large high output alternator (250-300 or more amps) AND 3-4 Group-31 batteries to power this amplifier (we suggest XS Power D3100s or Stinger SP2150s).
-Sundown Audio

Perhaps running your stock alt and dc alt would be a good idea...

Honestly, a single 250XP and a couple batteries will be fine.. I would run our PCM bypass and internally regulate the alternator just because it will run stronger on your vehicle which runs an extra $80, but it's well worth it on vehicles like yours.. From our experience with the amp your running though, 250 should be plenty.. Rob

Honestly, a single 250XP and a couple batteries will be fine.. I would run our PCM bypass and internally regulate the alternator just because it will run stronger on your vehicle which runs an extra $80, but it's well worth it on vehicles like yours.. From our experience with the amp your running though, 250 should be plenty.. Rob

so no dual bracket will be required.. just replace my oem alt?

thanks for all the help guys.. much appreciated

replace stock with DC and your a happy camper...

replace stock with DC and your a happy camper...

:woot::thanx::dancing: thanks guys!!

Sign in to follow this