buickid

BTL on two 4500D?

Have a couple SAZ-4500D heading my way. Playing around with my options. My BTL18 is quite happy on two SAZ-1500D, I wonder what would happen if I threw two 4500D at it? I plan on building a box tuned real low (~27Hz), tired of chasing numbers, want something that drops looooow.

It will create sound

Haha, I'm hoping it'll make sound...

And I'm wondering how long it'll take to go poof heh

very quick judging by the electrical in ur sig.

Power handling is going to depend on your enclosure, and how happy you get with the volume knob.

If it was someone who knows what they are doing it won't fail, if your inexperienced it'll go poof when your setting your gains.

You're going to need 4-5 D3100's (Group 3) or equivalent for EACH 4500.

I wouldn't say that much battery, probably 4-5 total.

Even Jacob himself says

This amplifier can draw HUGE amounts of current - in excess of 500 amps - you MUST have a very large high output alternator (250-300 or more amps) AND 3-4 Group-31 batteries to power this amplifier (we suggest XS Power D3100s or Stinger SP2150s). Without such electrical system upgrades the warranty is void as they are a *requirement* to run an amplifier this large. We suggest installation only by professional and/or experienced installers for this amplifier.

And I'm wondering how long it'll take to go poof heh

All depends on how gain happy you get. For burps I'd say it will be fine with that much power. For music, daily, there's a high chance of a recone thread.

why not just get another BTL and put one on each. :fing34:

why not just get another BTL and put one on each. :fing34:

that would be too easy and would not require a thead.

It is important for a manufacturer to specify more electrical upgrades rather than less, because if they say 2-3 batteries people will do the minimum almost every time.

Most times if you need to ask about the power you can use, you should be using less. I would use one amp per BTL if this is for daily use (which since you're tuning to 27 Hz I'm assuming it is).

Sorry, but I bet OP won't see 500 amps of current pull from a 4500 amps. Plus, who goes around blasting constantly at full tilt? The DC Power alt is beast. My 270xp with an extra group 31 deka didn't break a sweat even after hours of testing on 3k at idle. I never had to rev the engine to charge the battery. That 4500 does around 5k at 1 ohm, probably. You guys are being too cautious. Its a waste of money. Hell, I started out with two deka group 31s in the trunk with my 270XP alt but then after testing and such, I sold one because I didn't need it at all.

Like Tejcurrent said, manufacturers state things like power rating and such the way they do for a higher safety factor on their products so they don't have low failure margins.

Hmm, guess I'll be getting a couple more batteries. And some helper bags for the rear!

I say do it i want to see something crazy!

Unless you treat the BTL like a new born on that kind of power you will destroy it.

If its for 3 second burps, then fine.

I have (1) DC 320amp Alt (4) XS D3100s and (2) SAZ-3500s and I don't need, but want more batteries because i'm not at where i want to be at with my electrical.

I'm the person who plays their system at full tilt every time.. If you're going to spend the money on the equipment, then the equipment to power the equipment... enjoy it!

Use what you got with the new amount of amps you wanna use and then see what the voltage drop is. THEN add a battery until you feel the voltage drop isn't a problem anymore. I think Rob over at DC Power said recently that an extra group 31 battery and a xp270 alt can handle the SD 4500 with ease. I think Kyle had a 4500 in his car.

Use what you got with the new amount of amps you wanna use and then see what the voltage drop is. THEN add a battery until you feel the voltage drop isn't a problem anymore. I think Rob over at DC Power said recently that an extra group 31 battery and a xp270 alt can handle the SD 4500 with ease. I think Kyle had a 4500 in his car.

for how long? and of course he wants to promote his product!

for how long? and of course he wants to promote his product!

What? :puzzled: OP can do this for as long as he cares to, its his decision. If he thinks the voltage drops is too much then he can get another battery. Why buy 10 batteries and then find out you only need 4? And are you saying that I promote DC Power?

I'm the person who plays their system at full tilt every time.. If you're going to spend the money on the equipment, then the equipment to power the equipment... enjoy it!

can you even hear at all anymore? lol

I have never had 7k watts, or even 2k, but both times I've had over 1k, if I had it cranked up and actually sat in the car my ears would hurt.