liljestrand

2 xcon 15's in a scion xb?

Trying to plan my system for when taxes come in. Trying to find out if I can fit two of these in my xb. Will be sealed cus I suck at making ported boxes and not sure if 2 sealed will fit or not.

Measured the cargo area to be 7.49cf if I did my math right. Area was 38*20*17 for dimensions. Could go an inch or two higher on the height (20).

Hopefully powered by a saz3000d. Dc 320 amp alt.

Just trying to figure out how much to save up before taxes come. Also I would have to order d1 coils for that amp right?

I was only able to cram 1 15" in the back of an xB, so sealed will be the way to go if you want 2 15's, woofers up should yield the best results, and you have enough space for the two. You are correct D1 woofers if using a 3000D

as far as I know.... the 3000D is no longer in production..????. But they have the SAZ-3500D .... If you're looking to acheive a 1 oHm load then yeas... you need 2 DVC-1oHm woofers...

DAMN YOU DURAN!!

Edited by Shogen

Yeah duran I tried the upfiring with my fi q and it just seems to sound better and feel better firing into the hatch door. I took that into account with the length measurement being only 17 inches. If I went to the door it would be 20 or 21 inches.

Yeah shogen I knew that but have seen used 3ks around sites. Also didn't know if the 3.5k would be too much with the system running at 15.1 volts.

I was making my assumption my experience with the xB in a ported alignment, we got the best results with port and woofer firing up, if your testing you liked woofer back go for it :drink40:

We got 2 15"s in the back of an xB twice.

Once was Rockford TRF 15"s the other RD HW 15"s. Both into the 150's.

I did use to have a 15 fi bl sub up port up and it rocked pretty good.

Also doing it this way for security purposes seeing as all anyone will see when looking in the back window is the top of a black box.

Btw any pics or build logs of that xb? Seems so hard to find anyone putting a system in these things.

Well I can't directly answer the question about too much output.. But the amp should run 15.1v okay I think.. Thing about the amp is that it won't put out more wattage just cuz your voltage goes up passed its rated input of 14.4v ... I could be wrong but I don't think you'll def get 15.1v at the amps unless you tested that out already...

Also, did you get the adapter? or they send it out today for your alternator?

I did use to have a 15 fi bl sub up port up and it rocked pretty good.

Also doing it this way for security purposes seeing as all anyone will see when looking in the back window is the top of a black box.

Btw any pics or build logs of that xb? Seems so hard to find anyone putting a system in these things.

I'll have to look.

Their boxes were Subs up ports back though.

Shogen kyle said I would have the adapter by thursday. I told him anytime before then was fine since I don't have a day off till then.

Well I can't directly answer the question about too much output.. But the amp should run 15.1v okay I think.. Thing about the amp is that it won't put out more wattage just cuz your voltage goes up passed its rated input of 14.4v ... I could be wrong but I don't think you'll def get 15.1v at the amps unless you tested that out already...

Also, did you get the adapter? or they send it out today for your alternator?

They are rated at 12.8v ;)

I had better results in my car (hatch style) with sub up (2 x 4" aeros)ports to the side rather than sub up (slot) port up. On the same amp an saz 1500 D.

:popcorn: