Fi Car Audio

Gen 3 BTLs and BTL history

i love when Fi introduces new things.

Lighter subs freaking amazing!!! Helps out alot when it comes to mpg in a trunk car!!!

:dancing:

OMG!!! Passing on the BL now. I already have and had the SSd, Q, BTL... Now i'm gonna buy the 15" gen 3 N2 just for the hell of it. Let us know Scott. You can count me in already. :eek5wavey:

so which new BTL is the closest to the previous one ? excited to see them in action ! we want pics and vids :)

We physically couldnt do a 10" in the Gen2 ... something about a 11.25" diam magnet that doesnt work well on top of a 10" basket. Not to mention that the 12" fits in smaller enclosures, so realistically you could do a 12 in the space of a normal 10.

I dont know if Ill do a 10. Havent tested one yet. 10" basket geometry leaves a bit to be desired on high excursion applications. Q10 has been a fight for a long time and has a different spider pack to keep things stable.

Back to coding and machining....

Thanks,

Scott

The BTL-N2 version is closest to the older BTLs. We will start posting that over and over so people know. The N3 is geared more towards SPL... and thats not "hey, I drive daily and once a year I compete with my daily system tuning for SPL, so I guess I need an SPL sub" type SPL. It means for a system that is for burps only. Not music.

Thanks,

Scott

What about the N-SG? I may have overlooked it if you explained about that already.

It'd be a supergauss version of the sub..

Likely very Extreme SPL oriented.

Should spec similar to the Q.

Nick i hate you for this lol i want 4 N1's lol

So let me get this right

N1 - SQ oriented

N2 - Daily pounder (what the BTL series have been about for the last year?)

N3 - SPL

N-SG - Xtreme SPL

Am I right?

they wont release those till they are ready for orders for im sure

More info up by Friday night. Pricing will be up by Monday.

Thanks,

Scott

Any pics on the way? Cause you know everyone here likes pics :P

I can't wait to see the prices!!! I will have to start saving now for the N2. DREAMIN of the pics and prices :D!!

Heading into work in a minute and will take a couple of phone pics and post them of the N1 and N2 drivers. I have already posted N3 pics albeit with some slight differences to the motor profiling. Same shape, just now with a 45degree chamfer vs the rounded shape. Saves tons of machine time and therefore cost.

Ill get some pricing going a few hours after. Should still have more info up on the site tonight... then with pics of all drivers and more info over the weekend. Monday things should be ready to order (albeit with an initial 3-4 week build/lead time). While pricing isnt any less than last version (we machine 100% in house and now use Neo) we worked really hard to keep it the same for the N2 vs older BTL (which are equivalents performance wise).

Thanks,

Scott

Heading into work in a minute and will take a couple of phone pics and post them of the N1 and N2 drivers. I have already posted N3 pics albeit with some slight differences to the motor profiling. Same shape, just now with a 45degree chamfer vs the rounded shape. Saves tons of machine time and therefore cost.

Ill get some pricing going a few hours after. Should still have more info up on the site tonight... then with pics of all drivers and more info over the weekend. Monday things should be ready to order (albeit with an initial 3-4 week build/lead time). While pricing isnt any less than last version (we machine 100% in house and now use Neo) we worked really hard to keep it the same for the N2 vs older BTL (which are equivalents performance wise).

Thanks,

Scott

so this should mean that the pricing for the N1 should be around the price of the new q's?

This topic is going to get a ton of views very shortly. :)

Well ill sell all 4 12" Q's i have right now if someone wants them so i can get 4 of the N1's lol