Soapbox

New Season new build

Issues with the Paint shop.

WP_000020.jpg?psid=1

WP_000019.jpg?psid=1

WP_000018.jpg?psid=1

This doesn't look right does it. All of the sharpie was flaws in the paint and body work I demanded to get repaired! Furthermore if you notice the radiator is leaking..... These were taken after the shop had the car for 6 weeks. I called today and they fessed up about the radiator and ordered a new one. Delayed yet another day. I'm have to finish the build on friday for a comp on Saturday

That shop looks to be full of FAIL! Sorry to hear things aren't moving along as planned bro.

Yea 1st tip I would give when looking for a paint shop would be to check out their lighting.... you can't see very good when it's dim.... The car was rougher than both myself and the shop owner thought. The light blue hid a lot of stuff. But then again the owner was told several times this is going to be a show build. I paid extra to get the jams and stuff done. Despite me purchasing the highest quality body kit it was hard to install no doubt. Not to mention they had laid one of the door pannels flat and then it got cold and lost some shape. They had to reheat it in the over to get it to fit properly. The door panels weigh a few pounds and should stiffen up the tin doors real good. All in all when it does get done it should be worth it. But 2100 in paint and body work I told him it had better look like a new car! There are no super clean crx's in the lanes that I know of. I should have just ran it like it was and used the money for alts and subs....

I posted a 146.5 db drag in testing car off. WMD 12 old one at 1ohm 53hz tone.

Edited by Soapbox

whoopee I posted a 148 today in testing before I launched the cone! After reworking the glue job in the sub i posted a cert in street a of 147 I sandbagged I diidn't want to damage the sub. I took home a nice 1st place trophy too.

congrats on the win

Congrats bro :woot:

Congrats on the win. 150 is close. Was that with the 9k?

Sucks on the paint, bro.

Actual equipment was 1 batcap 4000 car off. 1 12" mayhem in a 1.5 cylinder enclosure tuned to 53. Using the saz1500 at .5 load with 3x rise. I am still waiting for the 9k.... Makes me dream warm fuzzy things. Wonder how much of a gain I will get with 5x the current power? 4 db??? = 152? or more???

Edited by Soapbox

Car is getting the final paint repairs. I raked the paint shop owner over pretty hard for the substandard work. I even told him I would have my insurance provider contact him on my behalf. He does their work all of the time and does it to show room condition. To top it off I demanded 3 hours of labor time to be refunded. Anyways work on the car continues as always. I added a rear stage 8" mid bass and a set of tweets. Sounds nice but the way they are pointed forward from the rear they are louder than the comp set in the doors. I plan on selling my SAX 100.4 (hint to a teammate for 170 plus shipping) and replacing it with 2 of these Vibe audio Lite box amps. These are like 5" x 8" and super efficient.

litebox4.jpg

Yesterday I completed yet another enclosure for competing.

Burp box MECA legal within the 26" rule

Tuned to 54

Sub up Port back

Oh and I got a pair of

Sundown Z vrs 2 12" woofers. (not my first choice but I may be surprised and I did get them for a song and dance)

15 days until my amp arrives.

I got another 50lbs of deadner to apply when I get the car back too.

the paint shop scene is killing several of us....

my cutlass still has some appointments....

bear has been getting his back for two weeks now, only to have additional issues.

the paint shop scene is killing several of us....

my cutlass still has some appointments....

bear has been getting his back for two weeks now, only to have additional issues.

I got mine back for the second time and it has to go back again!

Here is something that makes me feel better!

1 batt

stock alt

strapped 1500 interfire amps at 1 ohm around 2k

Subs port back meca rule#8 compliant 26" at most from the rear

2 Sundown Z's 12 vrs 2

gallery_11399_556_243649.jpg

:woot::woot: :woot:

Can't have sub forward/port back?

There is not enough room following the 26" meca rule to do subs forward and port back. I should be able to get close to my goal of 153+ with this enclosure. I have a whole list of stuff I need to get done before I'm even close to the limit of this enclosure. My frequency dropped to.

Edited by Soapbox

I hope I can gain 4 db with the new amp. I am adding 5 times the power to the above score from 2k to 10k.

gallery_11399_556_406207.jpg

HOLY :morepower1:

Testing was fulfilling this weekend. With the help of my teammates I got my roof deadened and put back together. 13x.6 PP fused for PP3. I'd love to share the progress but I need to wait until I run another comp.

Edited by Soapbox

Holy power! GET SOME! :fing34:

152 on music 1 15" AA mayhem! :fing34:

200 amp with external regulator and remote installed today. with the amp at 4 ohm I can not get it to drop below 14.8 when set at 15 volt charge!

Testing consisted of 2 dc xl in the kingsuv box both port forward and port back.

2 xl wired to 2ohm

voltage burp at 15

ran through set of tones from 40 to 54 with port in both directions

mic in drivers seat

pass door open

3/4 gain knob

Fused with 3 150's for a base line I couldn't burn them at this ohm load

port forward peaked at 50 with a dismal 143.8

port back peaked at 45 with a 147.2

added a pipe to upper edge of box on the back side gain .3 for a peak of 147.5

tried a clipped signal and lost!

sealed down 3db

music a constant 146.7

tired out my batt pretty bad and was dropping to 13 and once as low as 12.6

I tried a modified position with the box and didn't gain at all

seal off the rear plastics with tape tomorrow after a charge

add the other little battery (a small yellow top but it is 38 more amp hrs)

change out the highs amp it was going into protect for some reason I may need to also install a second volt meter on the rear battery since I reading from the front.

Install kick pods I scored (factory fit abs)

Need to try passenger side (it was highest in this position but since my car is on jacks in the garage I couldn't fit in and out of the drivers door)

Install the DD amp again for my highs

need to double baffle

HELP this is down 1 db meca from the z's and down 4 db from the single 15 mayhem!

Ray approximately how much gain should I see when these break in?

New box design on the way !!!!!!

With this enclosure I have a 3 x rise so testing was at 6 ohm. Wired down I did a 152.3!

Oh and I got a 200 amp alt.

I took 1st place at MECA California Finals and also hold the California record for S2. Nothing special I'm like totally fuse limited I burn one every time. Look for me to step up to mod class to get away from the 26" rule. New build same car adding more subs and an outrageous front stage.

Here is an outline of this seasons work:

1. clean up all wiring!!! This car had been stolen before and the wiring under the dash is a mess. I started by removing all the t-taps and running a dedicated 8 gang fuse block to be switched by 6 external switches for all of my audio needs. I ran 9 conductor speed wire from the switches to the rear.

2. Install:

4 pcs 12" dc audio lvl 4xl have 2 already in a wall tuned to 37

6 pcs 8" vibe audio midbass (in testing these like ported the best 60hz tune)

4 pcs 4" vibe audio pro audio tweeters

1 pc BlackDeath Stereo 4 175x4 (midbass only)

1 each of Blackair Stereo 2 & 4 (tweets and vanity comps for display when the hatch is open)

1 install second alt bracket is finished alt is on the bench

1 pc fab up secret electrical weapon for burps only (parts ordered)

1 set of coil overs

only four items needed to be purchased are the highs amps, 2 xls, crossover and more batts!

For the wall it will be your typical slot port designed to have no bend in the port with the 4 of the 8" mid bass surrounding the wall (wall is between the wheel wells so it should fit nicely like this) install the super tweets.

Edited by Soapbox