Ok so Im kinda stepping up a little bit on the whole sub scene and I kinda got over my head a little bit. I thought I would look to you guys for some guidance. I have bought 2 15" Orion HCCA's. I bought the dual 4 ohm version thinking Id just run 1 big amp. Well my noobness has bit me in the ass. I need a large amp as wasnt really thinking of the amp draw that this would present. So if I can get any suggestions on amp/batteries/alt that I may need I would owe a favor for sure. I know you guys get these questions all the time and I didnt want to be "this" guy but I really have no other choice. I want to learn this instead of just paying some shop to do it for me. I was looking at running a Stetsom 7KD or a Soundstream 6500. Thanks in advance for your replies guys.

Those are some big amps.

What are your goals from this system?

Your looking at upgraded ALT, multiple batts and runs of 1/0.

I really just want to have a nasty street beater that can pull some decent numbers. So in essence the box will be tuned for music not tones but I want to get max out put out of my subs.

hey i got a suggestion for you!!

make yourself a box with a REMOVABLE port! so you can flip the port in for a burp and pop it out for daily!

my buddy has a pair of 12's with a removable port and he burps 150.1db's on an atomic 7k and this is done in a grand-am 1995 plus on music he does very nice numbers!

now back to you what kind a space you got in your car/suv? I know a guy who can hook you up with a very nice box! (you build it of course he just gives you the design)

as for an electrical to support either of those amps you will need say 300-400ah, so maybe look into 3-4 big batteries say XS3100d for starters or something similar. and a h/o will be required say 250-300~

with 7k at on 12volts you will need like 600amps of current to support that bad boy!

so to have a hell of a setup you will need a hella lot of space also!

anyways that is my suggestion o ya and make sure to do the big 3, and do at least 2runs of 1/0 (plus and minus) from front to back or step up to 4/0 wire and use 8gauge wire from amp to subs!

any more question feel free to p/m me or post here!